collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89123 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Gen 2 released February 16th!
« Reply #1305 on: June 15, 2017, 09:39:05 AM »
I think I figured out why the event's in Chicago today...... ChicaGO. I don't know if it's just my pun obsession, but it feels to me like that's the reason...

:lol:

Got my Houndoom today, so I'm done with the event. I do need to walk around some more to hatch eggs, though.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1306 on: June 18, 2017, 07:12:03 AM »
I finally evolved a Chizard :wow:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 18, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
Congratulations, Renia and PinkKittyWinks, on your Houndoom and Charizard. I love that we're seeing so many of these fire types; they're my favorite. That's part of why I joined Valor (although I actually like Articuno best of the legendary birds . . .) I've been catching many, many fire types along with you guys, of course, and what ice types I can find (so far lots of Swinubs and a few Jynxes and Sneasels.) I saw a Dewgong in the wild, too, which was exciting as I've never seen a wild Dewgong.

Strangely enough, although I never saw any during the rock event (even [especially] at the beginning, since I was locked out), I found two Larvitars Friday, one on the way to work, and one later in the day returning home! I was so excited. I think I only need one more to evolve a Tyranitar. I have a silly hang-up about it, though, because the strongest of my Larvitars is a girl and Tyranitar does not look girly at all.

I wanted to share my happiness about another catch . . . Flaaffy! I hadn't realized how darn cute this Pokémon was until I randomly encountered one. I love it.

In sadder news, I also ran into a Hitmontop that fled. -_- I was so excited to see a shadow on my radar but then so bummed when it escaped.

I love taking random pictures (if that's not obvious) . . . here are some of the sillier ones. The first two are the captions on Pokestops around me, one at a mall and one at a park.

Apparently Rhydon shops at Wal-Mart, too.

Just where you'd expect Wooper to hang out? . . .

Watch out for snakes if you ever visit Florida. Never surprise them or they may bite.

This was during the water event. Teddiursa and I walking on water . . . (in reality we're on a pier)

I run into a ginormous Charmander (thanks to the giant Pokémon glitch)

And there ends my long post . . .

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 18, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
How cute! Love the giant Charmander especially.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 20, 2017, 07:36:39 AM »
Finally got a Lapras last night on my way home x.x (along with a Totodile!)

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 20, 2017, 08:42:44 AM »
That giant Charmander. :lol:

Yay Duenia!

Even though the gyms are disabled right now, I'm still getting coins for the gym I've been in since about 2 weeks ago. Awesome!
Instagram / Want List

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 20, 2017, 01:58:57 PM »
I've caught all the fire types and earned enough candies to fully evolve all of them (going to do a lucky egg tomorrow), but STILL no Lapras for me. I even went to a park that had a bunch of Pokestops on a small lake. Caught lots of Poliwag, but no Lapras. :(

sailorstitch

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 21, 2017, 06:35:43 AM »
I didn't see Lapras at all during this event. I actually didnt see very many ice types, tbh. That would've been incredibly disappointing if I needed them.

I'm still a little upset that Cyndaquil and Chikorita were so plentiful during the respective events, but it was like Totodile didn't exist during the water event (at least around here). And we already never see Totodile around here anyway.

Also, it looks like the gyms are already looking different. Still under construction of course, but I'm excited about them revamping them!
Instagram / Want List

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 22, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »
Looks like the gyms are open again! I quickly threw two Pokemon in unoccupied gyms, but I can't figure out how to collect my coins.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 22, 2017, 01:07:53 PM »
Looks like the gyms are open again! I quickly threw two Pokemon in unoccupied gyms, but I can't figure out how to collect my coins.

I think you auto get coins now when your pokemon gets kicked out

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 22, 2017, 06:13:23 PM »
I didn't see Lapras at all during this event. I actually didnt see very many ice types, tbh. That would've been incredibly disappointing if I needed them.

I'm still a little upset that Cyndaquil and Chikorita were so plentiful during the respective events, but it was like Totodile didn't exist during the water event (at least around here). And we already never see Totodile around here anyway.

Also, it looks like the gyms are already looking different. Still under construction of course, but I'm excited about them revamping them!

This was the same for me!! Even with Totodile!! I saw ZERO Lapras (not even a shadow! I was thinking maybe she wasn't included in this event?), a bunch of the little piggies, and like ... maybe three Seels. :/ Not near enough for how many I need for Dewgong! But I did get quite a few fire types, and FINALLY got a Charizard!! Woo hoo!! Not super strong (just over 1k, ouch) but I'm excited!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 22, 2017, 08:43:52 PM »
I already got kicked out of the first gym I took over. I think I was in there for 5 or 6 hours? I got 5 coins. I'm in four other gyms right now, but they're stacked so I should be good for a while.

It also seems like the raids are open to players level 35 and up, according to a Facebook post from an hour ago.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 22, 2017, 09:43:49 PM »
I think you auto get coins now when your pokemon gets kicked out
Yes, that's what my sister says -- you get one coin for every hour they've been in the gym. I had a Typhlosion in a gym for 55 minutes and didn't get any coins ^^;

I already got kicked out of the first gym I took over. I think I was in there for 5 or 6 hours? I got 5 coins. I'm in four other gyms right now, but they're stacked so I should be good for a while.

It also seems like the raids are open to players level 35 and up, according to a Facebook post from an hour ago.
When did the gyms start working, by the way? I got off of work at 6 (Eastern) and so many of them were filled up or claimed already! I battled a few and put 3 Pokemon in different gyms; only my Wobbuffet remains, lol. I actually saw people out playing today for once. They weren't on my team, evidently, as the gym right there changed from my team to theirs right then.

Also, apparently Magikarp will be a raid boss, ha ha. That should be interesting. I'll look forward to the time the beta is over and players under 35 can take part in raids, although tbh I'm not sure who would help me with raids besides my sister. I don't know anyone else who plays and as a (usually) lone female I'm a little nervous about meeting strangers . . .

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 23, 2017, 04:10:23 AM »
They started working again around 4pm EST yesterday. I was still at work for another hour, but the building right beside mine is a gym so I walked over there for a few minutes to check it out. When I left work an hour later, all the other surrounding gyms were full.

My husband and I got lucky because we got home around an hour after that and 4 out of the 5 gyms within walking distance were Instinct but had room. Now they're all full again, but in desperate need of berries.

I've realized the feature I want most right now is the ability to throw eggs away or give them to the professor or whatever. I don't need 2k eggs right now, so hatching them is a waste of time/an incubator.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 23, 2017, 06:59:58 PM »
T-T   There are raid battles EVERYWHERE around me, but I'm not level 35.....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal