collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Soooo hot!!!!  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Soooo hot!!!!
« on: June 29, 2016, 02:57:34 PM »
The air conditioning in the library where I work is broken.  Again.  They fixed it last year and the same part broke this year.  It's 92F (33.3C) outside and I think it's cooler outside than inside.  The director has set up swamp coolers and fans throughout the building and he bought us gatorade and ice cream sandwiches to help us beat the heat but I think the heat is winning.  :icecream:

How do you stay cool when the air is on the fritz?  :sweat:

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Soooo hot!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 03:04:29 PM »
Are you able to make ice? If so, set up trays of ice or large ice blocks in front of the fans.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 04:04:44 PM »
Sadly, no.  If we put the ice out in front of the fans the kids would play in it and make a mess.  On the plus side, the air conditioner people are supposed to finish fixing it by the end of the week.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 04:10:21 PM »
Oh. Here I thought you 'd scored a date with a hottie. :p
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 05:13:59 PM »
I luckily don't get to experience the full heat of summer since I work nights and I stay indoors. It gets a little warm in my apartment in August though. Our electricity is free between dusk-dawn because we use TXU energy (another reason Texas is the best!) so we blast the AC before I leave for work and turn it off when I come home. When I come home its freezing! The coolness lasts until evening with the help of eclipse blackout curtains. I think our electricity bill is about $20-$40 max a month because we sleep all day using little to no electricity and the free nights thing seriously rocks!  As I speak, I have my hello kitty kotatsu comforter on me because I am cold. The winter season here is very brutal though....its always cold and the icestorms we inevitably get knock out our power out every time so no heater.

For those who don't have access to AC....I would just stay indoors  with blankets over the windows and walk around in a dress or even underwear xD

I think its funny Texas is one of the cooler states to be in this summer, apparently even Maine is supposed to be hotter that us later this season! xD
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:22:21 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 06:19:51 PM »

Me too!
I usually wear thin clothes that allow sweat to evaporate , put my hair up and run cold water over my wrists...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »
Haha Lala I do the walk-around-in-underwear a bit too!  (At home, obviously!)  I can't stand sweat getting on my clothes, just grosses me out, so I go for loose-fitting tops in summer, or ones where the arm-holes are a bit deeper.  Work is pretty awesome in both hot and cold weather, because we have both a massive oven which warms it up in winter, and air-con for summer (we have to use it to balance out the ovens, and 'cos the cream I work with melts if you don't!).  We also have a giant walk-in fridge and freezer.  Sometimes one of us will decide, you know, I think I need to re-arrange/clean the freezer today :lol:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 08:19:46 PM »
Oh ugh! damp rags in the freezer. But I'm not sure that'd work at work.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 12:26:19 AM »
Keep the blinds down or curtains drawn together, that always helps us keep it around 27C even when its 35-38C outside. It won't last forever but should work for a good while. Other than that, we have a fan, and drink lots of water.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 05:31:27 AM »
I'm so sorry, that's just absolutely miserable. NOT working conditions!

My parents used to wait until, like July until they'd turn on the air-conditioner, even though we desperately needed it in May - sometimes April! My room has always been the hottest in the house, too... So it was like a sauna in my room. It was miserable.

They claimed it was about expense, but the instant a chill came into the air they'd turn the heater on. It never made any sense to me.

|My Collection|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 07:55:07 AM »

:lmao:

Even though it's hot the director is trying really hard to make the temperature bearable.  He keeps the doors open in the morning to get cool air into the building (sadly we have no windows that will open so we can't leave anything open overnight to cool it off) and makes sure that the swamp coolers are refilled multiple times a day.  And it rained last night so it isn't so hot yet this morning.  Huzzah!

The city has promised us a new building and I'm starting to think that the suggestion made by a child of putting a swimming pool in the basement isn't such a bad one...   :lol:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 09:39:26 AM »
usually a cold shower..and keep my hair wet.

It sounds weird but dunking my head in water constantly helps with the heat and saved me from heat stroke when I was in Florida.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 02:54:22 PM »
Fans, and filtered water from the fridge (believe me it's COLD).

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 03:34:45 PM »
Yeah I hate the heat, I look forward to fall when we get the Summer weather.  It was I think late May when we got high 80's and humidity.  Next week the temperatures are high 80's all week, which means it'll probably feel like 90's all week.

I have this little fan you hang around your neck.  I got it at CVS for around $10 and it takes two double A batteries and lasts for about 3 or 4 hours.  It blows air up so it gets your neck and you can hold it up towards your face if you want.  It starts losing fan power when the battery is dying.

What makes me sad the most is that it's only July I fear for August.  :cry:

Offline Sukey

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 06:07:04 PM »
Sounds like most have already said my ideas. I worked in a retail store whose air conditioning was broken for 2 years. I used to shower before work and put my up in a bun on the top of my head.  I also had one of those fans you wear around your neck- I think it was called an ifan.  I would wet bandanas and put them in a zip lock Baggie and freeze them- I had 2 so I could switch them out after they dethawed.  They eventually told me that I couldn't wear the bandanas around my neck, I think because they could be considered gang related! Really?!?! It was like 100 degree in there and me trying to keep from passing out was what they were concerned about?- not getting the air fixed? Arggh still makes me mad!

Good luck staying cool!

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal