collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Frustrating ebay experience (not buyer's fault)  (Read 742 times)

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Frustrating ebay experience (not buyer's fault)
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:54:55 PM »
I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in WYP, but here goes.

This has probably happened to a lot of other sellers at some point, and I know it has happened to my household as buyers.  I sold an item that I had already sold.  It is something out of production that I don't have another one of.  I am very frustrated because my husband and I set up at a toy show and he sold the item in question .... without telling me.  I mentioned a few times recently that I had the item on ebay and was excited because we got a bid on it.  He doesn't say anything to me.  Well, I sell it and the buyer pays immediately.  It is not an expensive thing and it didn't sell for a ton.  When I can't find it, I start worrying we may have sold it, and then my husband confirms it.  Of course he doesn't apologize to me because he never does. 

I realize that it's my responsibility as a seller to verify that I have items in stock before listing, but I am still really annoyed.  I have a problem with anxiety, and I am super worried how the buyer will react.  I've offered to send them a very very similar item instead or issue a full refund.  I just really worry that they will get angry and leave bad feedback.  I haven't heard back from them but it's just been part of a day.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that out :( 

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating ebay experience (not buyer's fault)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:21:08 PM »
I was the buyer in a very similar situation not too long ago. I bought an item that was a Buy It Now on Ebay and went on about my day. When I checked my email a little while later I had several messages from Paypal and the seller. At first I was confused because I saw the refunded email first but then the seller had also sent another message explaining what had happened. She had sold the item a day or so before and I had purchased it through Ebay before she had a chance to remove the auction on Ebay. She was a really great seller and I know mistakes can happen. The fact that she refunded me and sent a note explaining the situation went a long way.

I think you've done the right thing by explaining what happened and offering your buyer another item or a refund. Hopefully they will be understanding.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 05:08:16 PM »
Mistakes happen. I have been in a situation like this as well and my buyer was understanding. Hopefully yours will be as well.

There are those out there who think you don't think you got what the amount you wanted out of your item and will be stubborn and will give you a difficult time so be prepared. All you can do is be honest. Just don't be argumentative.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 07:13:37 AM »
Well, I heard back from my buyer, and he is totally OK with the substitution I suggested.  That is a big relief! I will definitely be more careful in the future!

Thanks for your support, guys :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal