collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK Ebay Seller Faery81 Please Contact Me  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Toilandtrouble123

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Hubble bubble, Toil and trouble!
    • View Profile
UK Ebay Seller Faery81 Please Contact Me
« on: June 22, 2016, 05:36:48 AM »
If anyone knows if the Ebayer seller faery81 is a member on here, please ask her to contact me, as I have been messaging her and no reply, also she has received payment for items won via straight bank transfer on Sunday (Barclays has issues regarding PayPal transactions on my account atm), yet a case was closed stating no payment made, thus indicating I may not be receiving items.....   I need her to reply at her soonest convenience so I know where we both stand.

Thanks xx

• View Profile
Re: UK Ebay Seller Faery81 Please Contact Me
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 10:43:46 AM »
Just wanting to bump this as between the time I paid her on Sunday and today, being Thursday, I have sent her 4 messages on Ebay, and also she posted new listings since my paying her, so I know she's been online, and I am rather anxious to get a reply from her to ensure all is well, as obviously paying via a straight bank transfer offers me no protection as a buyer. I am starting to feel as maybe she has just taken my money and not inclined to send the items, although of course I am hoping she has just been busy and will get back to me to reassure me that this is not the case

Post Merge: June 23, 2016, 12:01:54 PM

Update:  I have sent her another message, literally BEGGING her to get in touch with me-

"Hi I understand that life can be hectic and busy, but please could you drop me a message just to reassure me that all is well with the sale of Tropical Breeze and Majesty's accs. I went out on a limb by paying you through a straight bank transfer due to the difficulty with Barclays having issues putting payments through Paypal from my card at the moment, and doing that without any back up for me has been very nerve wracking. Please please could you just take 5 minutes out to let me know that everything is OK with our transaction. Many Thanks.

That has actually just made me well up and cry.  I felt awful for leaving my sellers in the lurch, especially when I had the money in my account ready to pay, but Barclays put a block on PayPal payments as a form of anti-fraud, which is still there annoyingly.  So I messaged my sellers and asked them if I could pay them a different method, so they wouldn't be kept waiting.  All were great, especially when I came down with norovirus Saturday (I don't recommend the cheese and ham toasties in the Eastbourne BHS cafe...) and a few even wished me get well soon, which I found touching.  All sellers bar faery81 confirmed ASAP that they received the bank transfers and have sent out the ponies.  This one opened a case of non-payment per auction that I won, and despite me letting her know she had received payment, which Barclays gave me an online receipt for, on the Sunday, she closed the case and two counts of non-payment have been recorded against my account on the Monday.  Since then, I have messaged her every day,  as well as attempting to reach out to her through this forum and also MLP Trading Post, to no avail.

Later on Sunday, after I sent confirmation of payment, she posted new listings for ponies, so surely she must have seen my messages, and well.... I am just so upset.  I tried to do right by my sellers, and the other sellers affected left awesome feedback, saying pro-active and persistent in solving issues, and the like, but this one.... I just don't know.  I am literally in tears typing this right now.  I don't know what else to do. 

Somebody help....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:01:54 PM by Toilandtrouble123 »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 01:33:54 PM »
Short of finding out if you can reverse your bank wire I am not really sure what you can do since you have paid this way.  I have no experience at all with this form of payment.  It would seem that contacting your bank may end up being the best action at this point.  I do not know this seller but maybe someone will.  I am sorry you had problems with one of your sellers not responding.  That is so odd for sure.  What kind of feedback do they have?  I wish I could help more.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 12:45:20 AM »
She has stellar feedback, which helped me make the decision to pay in that way, because her online presence seems pretty kosher. I am still just hoping she's been busy with family life or work, and will get back to me.  Every hour, I'm checking my ebay inbox 5 or 6 times. Its not helping my anxiety right now either.  I've also now tried reaching out to her via some FB MLP buy/sell groups with no luck.... :(

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 06:44:52 AM »
Did she reply quickly when you initially asked to use a bank transfer?  It just seems so odd that she suddenly dropped all contact.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:06:17 AM »
I sent her the first msg explaining the issue, no reply just a case opened against me. Then I messaged her again Sunday morning asking to do bank transfer, and yeah she was pretty quick to give her banks details, then I said thankyou just logging on to banking, then another msg to say she's been paid. Got no reply back, then I saw she had put up a load more items up. Then Monday I got an ebay notification saying she had completed my case and the mark of non-payment was put against my account. And no word from her since. faery81 is the ebay name, I just wish I could find a way to talk her about this. :-(

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
So, basically you contacted her to ask if you could wire you payment?  She did respond to that and said yes.  Did you send the payment immediately then or did you wait and extended period of time?  Why would she open a non payment case if she got her money immediately?  Sadly, you have no way to force her to talk to you.  If you have sent messages about the only thing you could try is to call ebay and request her contact information if that is allowed in your country.  Since the case is over, they may not give it to you.  This is really odd.  If you could call her and try to resolve the matter that would be nice.  Since she completed a case against you for non payment she may feel the matter is closed and has moved on.  This is why I suggested you contact your back about a bank wire to pay for products  not received?  What are the rules on this?

I would say contact ebay immediately and find out what to do.  She isn't responding for whatever reason at least you might get some good information.  They will most likely tell you that they require paypal payments as proof of payment over other methods and have no proof you actually paid.  I am not even sure if ebay allows other forms of payments or not.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:13:05 AM by tulagirl »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 11:22:27 AM »
I would contact your bank immediately. If there is some way to show eBay proof that you made this transfer, eBay is going to want it and then I would contact them and show them this proof and contest this seller's case. Tell them your whole story, but they will need the proof. If you can have your bank get that money back instead, I would say do it. This seller may have good feedback but it seems they aren't beyond scamming someone if the opportunity arises.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 02:23:37 PM »
I would contact your bank immediately. If there is some way to show eBay proof that you made this transfer, eBay is going to want it and then I would contact them and show them this proof and contest this seller's case. Tell them your whole story, but they will need the proof. If you can have your bank get that money back instead, I would say do it. This seller may have good feedback but it seems they aren't beyond scamming someone if the opportunity arises.

Thankyou everyone, I am still hoping that something genuine has popped up to prevent her from contacting me.  So I will give her until Sunday, also I am still interested in her other listings, and maybe if I win one of those, that could open up dialogue about these other purchases?  Or am I just too new and naive for this wheeling and dealing?

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 03:35:17 PM »
So, you are stating that you are willing to bid on a seller's auctions again just for the hope to talk to them when they took your money, didn't send your items, didn't return your messages and opened an ebay case against you?  What is keeping you from trying to get your funds and move on to another more reliable seller that you can count on to build your collection?  There are tons of sellers out there that have all the things you are looking for and are not going to treat you so poorly. :shrug:  You can't force this seller to talk to you.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:40:06 PM by tulagirl »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 04:04:30 PM »
I would not be surprised if this seller has even blocked you so that you are not able to bid on their auctions. I would do what Tula says and take your money somewhere else. I think this seller is purposely ignoring you.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 12:22:34 AM »
I'm really sorry you're dealing with this!  It's a terrible thing to go through as a collector.  A good seller going bad happens every so often, and it really stinks being the first person to experience the bad. 

I think non paying bidders can't leave feedback.   By reporting you and winning her case, she not only got your money, but you probably can't ding her "stellar" feedback.  If this is on purpose, it really makes me wonder if she's done this before. 

It is still possible that she just didn't get the transfer, so I'd probably give the seller one last chance to fix this.  Since you really want the items, it can't hurt. Before you do that, I'd tell the seller that is what you're going to do, and give her a deadline to get back to you.  "If I don't hear from you by Monday night, I'll be forced to contact ebay and my bank about this." Then I'd contact ebay with whatever proof you have and see if you can get them to see what this seller is doing.  I'd also contact your bank and see if you can reverse the charges.   I'd also double check to make sure the payment was taken out before contacting ebay(if you haven't done so already - just to rule out a transfer glitch completely)

If it's only the two items(Tropical Breeze and the accessories), and she's doing this on purpose, she's taking an awful risk for only $12.  The "good" news is that it was a couple of low value items.  It wasn't a Rapunzel or anything, so even if the worst happens and you just have to take the loss, it's not *too* much.  It really stinks, but it could be so much worse:(  I would not try to win another auction with them to get them to contact you.  Not only will you be risking losing even more money, but you could get yet ANOTHER NPB strike on your account if she pulls the same trick.

Good luck!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 05:52:51 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll send her the "If I don't get a response by Monday, I'll contact Ebay and my bank" message tonight after work. Fingers crossed she has just innocently overlooked my messages as a mistake, as I like to see the good in people xx

Post Merge: June 25, 2016, 10:23:00 AM

Okay, so here is the message I just sent her:

Hello, I am notifying you that if I do not get a response from about Tropical Breeze and Majestys crown & horseshoes, with the reassurance that they are on their way to me, then I shall contact Ebay with the proof of payment I have from the bank transfer I made last Sunday to you, for items not received and irresponsible selling because of the sheer lack of communication which is edging on plain and simple ignoring. I shall also be requesting my bank to reverse the payment too, due to possible fraudulent activity, if I do not get confirmation about the items I paid for. I hope to hear from you soon.

I hope she responds, and I haven't been taken for a ride.  I am so truly gutted about this situation. My Barclays issues was not her problem, and I thought why should she suffer because of my bank being annoying with their anti-fraud crap in regards to PayPal, and that's why I sent my sellers bank transfers.  This is the only one that has gone awry. I'm heartbroken.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:23:00 AM by Toilandtrouble123 »

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 10:30:38 AM »
Good news! She's just replied, and was having issues with her bank account this week, hence she was unable to see if she received my payment. Tropical Breeze and Majesty's acc's shall be on their way to me tomorrow. xx

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 10:46:46 AM »
Good news! She's just replied, and was having issues with her bank account this week, hence she was unable to see if she received my payment. Tropical Breeze and Majesty's acc's shall be on their way to me tomorrow. xx

Yay! So pleased for u xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal