collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seller ignoring requests to combine postage - how long have I got...  (Read 932 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Hi there, I bought three items and requested combined postage and also to send second class signed for so we would have enough insurance to cover the cost of the items.  No reply, just 'pay now' messages.  I noticed she has two negs for ignoring requests to combine postage, but other feedback says she has combined postage.  How long can I hold of paying without losing the items or getting black marks on my account? I won an item for a low amount and I suspect this may be why she is stalling.  I bought the other two items full price BIN.  It's so much easier to read ebay regs when you're not the one having problems so thanks in advance if you have any advice, I'd really appreciate it!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Keemax

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Seller ignoring requests to combine postage - how long have I got...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:09:14 AM »
Did you message her or just use the 'request total' option? Because I've had sellers ignore the latter for three days straight but respond immediately when I messaged them. No idea why.

Some sellers also claim something's stopping them from combining the postage - which seems weird to me and it doesn't help that in both instances where this excuse was used I won a few items for 0.99 each - so maybe she's having an issue?

I don't think you get any black marks against your account as a buyer unless someone opens a case against you? I remember a buyer delayed paying for an item for over a week once, and I don't think anything happened to her account...

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 10:11:59 AM »
Sellers aren't required to combine postage. I've had some flat out refuse.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 10:53:23 AM »
Sellers aren't required to combine postage. I've had some flat out refuse.

Yep, eBay doesn't require sellers to combine postage and if the auctions don't specifically state the option of combined postage, your seller might not offer it as an option.

I think I would wait a day and if they don't respond, pay and be sure to give them honest feedback when your items arrive.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »
Do the auctions themselves say that she will combine postage?  If not, the seller is under no obligation to combine.

Also, some sellers set automated payment reminder messages.  So, even though you are getting "pay now" messages, it's possible she has not read your PM yet.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 07:18:53 PM »
This is great advice, thank you! I'll wait a few more days up to 1 week since the end of auction. I have messaged her every day for 3 days after requesting the total :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 02:35:28 PM »
There is a setting of some kind that can block combined postage requests. I have dealt with a seller who swore blind that she didn't put that setting on her auctions, but she must have, because it didn't let me combine and she had to refund the difference. If your seller didn't want to combine, I would've thought she'd have activated that. It's odd that she didn't contact you yet, so maybe she's just been busy...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 03:49:38 PM »
Hee hee, last message  she replied - I noticed she figured out how to send an invoice after I mentioned her previous negs... all sorted

Thank you!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 03:59:38 PM »
Hee hee, last message  she replied - I noticed she figured out how to send an invoice after I mentioned her previous negs... all sorted

Thank you!

Awesome! Maybe all the pay now things she sent were here attempting to figure out invoicing :D Glad it all worked out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 05:11:18 PM »
Sounds like someone who wanted to profit on the extra postage you paid to me. Glad it worked out. If not, I would have left poor communication and postage feedback.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 05:13:59 PM »
Sounds like someone who wanted to profit on the extra postage you paid to me. Glad it worked out. If not, I would have left poor communication and postage feedback.

I agree and think dodgy tactics.  She had actually opened an unpaid item case as well. If all goes well I will have got a good deal.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 05:35:33 PM »
This happened to me but on Etsy.  Bought ponies in 3 separate transactions (within a few mins-- they were being uploaded and selling like hotcakes), but paid wayyy more than what I think would have been reasonable.  Seller didn't respond to messages either.  Kinda sucks.  Will have to wait to see whether they turn up together or in actual separate packages!

Hope you can get it sorted out Artemesia!  :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:42:15 PM by daffodil101 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal