collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony It's the home stretch  (Read 10316 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Healthy Pony It's the home stretch
« on: June 19, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »
Healthy pony was a 3 month challenge were arena members worked on issues with continuous support from this forum. They ranged from weight loss, to personal goals. I used to run it a lot, but moved. Well it's back because my bad habits are back and I need the support. There will also be a prize at the end!! I am un boxing my ponies so the prize at the end is a surprise.

Rules.
1. Sign ups forms need to be in before July 5th. Just post them in the forum.
2. You have to check in at least once a month.
3. The event ends September 27. My birthday so I can remember.
4. All posts need to be positive towards each other and yourself. Yes you can be sad or frustrated, but we want no one to get beat up.
5. Winner will be chosen by the participants. You will send me a pm to tell  who you think that has made the best progress towards their goal...I can not win, and you can not vote for yourself. These are kept private

The Sign Up.
1. Name:
CrowningGlory...CG

2. After 3 months you want to be where:
 I want to get more tasks done in a day from cleaning, eating healthy, to cleaning ponies and animal chores. I tend to come home from work and do nothing but TV.

3. What is your plan?
I plan to make lists of the things I want to accomplish in a day.

Good luck and ask questions...I am here to be your guide.

Reminder sign up posts go right in the forum.

NOTE!
The prize winner will need votes. So here is how you get them?
1. Sign up is 5 votes.
2. You get votes for a 100% day. So if you have 10 tasks to read in a day and you did that is 100% day. Drank healthy worked out healthy stayed perfect for a whole day that is a 100% day.
3. Vote from your fellow healthy pony members. No voting for yourself. So after 3 months you vote for the pony who has exemplified this round of healthy pony:)

It's about that time. On sept 23 you will need to submit your vote for the pony on fire!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:15:01 AM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Healthy Pony...Its Back!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 09:20:08 PM »
Ooh! This is awesome since I thought about doing one a while back but have been busy. I need to join since I've lost fifty five this year but have hit a plateau. Does this count as a swap though do you know or just challenge for all? My swap spots are about full. :blush:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 10:11:15 PM »
Hmmm... Im planning to lose quite some weight, especially at my hips so this should be fun. :)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 04:22:41 AM »
Ooh! This is awesome since I thought about doing one a while back but have been busy. I need to join since I've lost fifty five this year but have hit a plateau. Does this count as a swap though do you know or just challenge for all? My swap spots are about full. :blush:

No, this would not count as a swap as the participants are not responsible for shipping any tangible goods. This one would just be more of contest of sorts - if you don't participate then you don't.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 04:41:21 AM »
Have fun!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 05:55:41 AM »
Most questions have been answered. No this is not a swap. No one is responsible for anything but helping themselves and others being a healthy pony. I just put the prize in for fun:)

I am making my list for the day/week. Yes I am starting before the start date. You do not have to wait till JuLy 5th. The date is there to limit anyone starting too late.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 06:00:54 AM »
The Sign Up.
1. Name:
TornadoTwist/Ilona

Having lost quite some body fat and get a better condition. Im quite fat around my hips and belly and I look like a pear. :C This might be related to my BC Pills and maybe because I can stress a lot. In the mean time I also want to have a fully cleaned up room. As for how much I want to loose... perhaps around 10-20 kilos?

3. What is your plan?
I want to at least exercise half an hour daily on the cycle. I can do this by watching a show so I don't get bored. I also want to quit snacking between my meals and stop drinking soda and only tea (without sugar) Except for in the weekends and when I'm on holiday which will be soon. I'm free of school now till August so their should be plenty of time to clean my room.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 07:23:57 AM »
Ooh, perfect timing!

1. Name
Harmonie

I want to completely stop drinking any pop (soda, for those of you not from my region  :lol:), and switch over to non-sugary/sweetened drinks.

I want to improve my digestive health. I'll spare the details, but this is a big deal for me.  >_<

I want to lose weight, especially belly fat.

3. What is your plan?
Thankfully for me, from talking to my doctor and my oboe instructor (who is a big health person), these issues go hand-in-hand with my excessive drinking of pop (with all of that caffeine, and sugar... probably calories, as well).

I've already started! I've been switching over to unsweetened Sparkling Water. Over this last week, I have cut down to one can of pop a day, which is a drastic reduction from beforehand. But my goal is to eliminate pop altogether!

I plan on improving my diet with more vegetables and the like... We'll see how that goes.  :blush: Also taking fiber supplements, as my doctor directed.  >_<

They also tell me to exercise. We'll see how this goes after I move into college. If they have an indoor facility, I may take up some walking. If not, it'll have to wait until after this challenge is over when it cools off. >.<

|My Collection|

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »
I'm going to join! I have a goal I'm working on, it's nice to share about and encourage each other.

1. Name:
Kiwi

--I am starting an Etsy shop for my crafts, just a side hobby store to see how it goes (plus I can still make things without worrying about storing them, if they sell). I want to have it stocked and running.

--Re-doing the pony room. Everything is mapped out for painting and shelving, the long tedious part will be putting everything back in and sorting/purging. I want it to be organized in a way that will stay for the long term (and support pony growth) instead of boxes/bags sitting on the floor.

3. What is your plan?
--I have a goal, and an immediate to do list (within the new few weeks). Need to map out other steps along the way, and figure out projects that I can do in a reasonable time to get the store stocked with inventory - I tend to do bigger more complex projects, but for now need to focus on some smaller simpler ones. Then will also come the social media / marketing / promoting / etc.

--Keep working at it steadily, instead of just ignoring it. Break it into different sections/categories, then maybe if I get too stuck on one I can get another one done instead. My problem is half-starting a bunch of things and then getting so confused and disorganized, nothing gets done.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:48:21 AM by Kiwi »
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 08:05:33 AM »

No, this would not count as a swap as the participants are not responsible for shipping any tangible goods. This one would just be more of contest of sorts - if you don't participate then you don't.
Awesome, thanks! I wanted to participate but just making sure. I'll go fill my stuff out then. :)
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 08:12:10 AM »
I want to try to join this as I have been running into rough patches all over my life recently. I will have to see if I can commit with so many outside things going on.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 11:35:23 AM »
Yay! This is nice because I'm trying to build up more muscle and get toned a bit so I don't look like a skeleton! Personally I've been trying to swim and jog more. I didnt really know just HOW many steps I take when I go shopping with my friends until i got a pedometer too so that's always a nice bonus as well!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 11:43:59 AM »
This sounds like an amazing idea. Tossing a placeholder post as I'm walking out the door, I'll edit in my goal(s) soon.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »
I love this idea, and I'll be signing up. I did this once before and benefited so much from it, having other people to talk to and to bounce ideas and tips off of, and it really helped bolster my confidence.

The Sign Up.
1. Name:
Kitkumi

Overall I want to be at a point where I have dropped some weight (lets say.... 15lbs? I want to say more, but I'm not sure 30lbs is a realistic goal for three months), and am more active EVERY day, instead of just sporadically. Along with that I want to spend less time online or watching TV and more time working on my etsy shop as well as my writing. I want to build up my confidence and self esteem, so that when my picture gets taken I don't inwardly flinch and then never actually look at the pictures. It's a lot of work, but even getting started on the building blocks of these things will make me feel pretty good.

3. What is your plan?
I plan to introduce much more structure in to my life, starting with the time I go to bed and the time I wake up. I would like to do away with the late nights that I'm used to so I don't sleep all day. From there I'll figure out a good routine that I can build on regarding times of day I exercise, when I eat and what I eat, and such, and keep track of all the things I do eat to try and curb snacking and hopefully help balance out my digestive health. To keep my motivation up regarding projects, I'll break them into batches so that I can streamline processes, while also making sure to take short breaks where I get up and either use the treadmill for ten minutes or just walk around the house for a bit, so I'm not sitting for hours.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline WaterRaven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Detective Docherty
Healthy Pony Sign Up
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 06:59:28 PM »
The Sign Up.
1. Name:
WaterRaven

Be able to jog half an hour solid (I used to be able to no problem)

Lose 10 lbs

Improve on my yoga practice:
Be able to touch my toes in these poses:
Forward-facing bend
Staff Pose

3. What is your plan?
Work on my jogging form and jog a minimum of 3 x a week :frolic:

Minimize carb intake and focus on wholesome plant-based diet
Starbucks/Second Cup  0-1 times a week
Same with potato/corn chips, fries, and pizza

Practice yoga on off days of jogging and stretching after work out.

I love this idea! I am not as active as I'd like to be on this forum, but hopefully that will change :) So happy to help support all of you!  :happy:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal