collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: e-Bay Rant: There is always one rotten grape in the bunch  (Read 1755 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
e-Bay Rant: There is always one rotten grape in the bunch
« on: June 18, 2016, 04:49:44 AM »
I'm sure you are all sick of e-bay rants, but I'm frustrated that my buyer (jjackson1961) never even reached out to me before leaving negative feedback and in the feedback stating that they threw out their purchase.

I have been selling "random G1 accessory lots" on e-Bay for nearly 3 years now. This is the first time I have had anyone that has been upset with their purchase. I accepted an offer that was $7 less than my asking price, so quite naturally the package I shipped contained the absolute minimum stated item count. Still with every package I send I look back and ask myself "Would I be willing to pay what my customer just paid to receive this bundle?"

Each package I ship is customized to my buyer's preferences (within reason)

Prior to shipping I asked the buyer 3 simple questions:
1) Is this for a specific occasion (packaging style)?
2) What is your favorite color (for the genuine MLP ribbon I use)
3) Are you looking for anything specific (please send a wantlist)/ anything you want me to avoid?

I gave her 3 days for a reply to these questions. She never responded.
I went ahead and shipped a package with a FMV of $25 (double what she paid).

I never knew there was an issue until I looked at the feedback I received:
"Shipping was fine but, what i received was nasty went in the garbage"

She was responsive to the after the fact email I sent asking her what was wrong with the package and why she didn't even bother to address her dissatisfaction prior to leaving negative feedback. The response was "hairy" no further details or photo.

............ Needless to say there are a few less G1 accessories around...RIP G1 accessories..............

My listing has been updated slightly to add more clarity around 30+ year old items.
Also I will start taking photos of the packages I send before mailing.

Sorry for my rant, but not even giving me a chance before leaving feedback is completely unfair. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:36:17 AM by ChipsteRJ »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: e-Bay Rant: There is always one rotten grape in the bunch
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 06:19:12 AM »
Sounds like a buyer to avoid if they are going to respond like this. You sound very willing to work with the buyer if they work with you. Would you be willing to share their user name? I wouldn't want to have some kind of run-in with them and have one of my ponies wind up in the trash.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 06:37:24 AM »
Sounds like a buyer to avoid if they are going to respond like this. You sound very willing to work with the buyer if they work with you. Would you be willing to share their user name? I wouldn't want to have some kind of run-in with them and have one of my ponies wind up in the trash.

They don't look very active on ebay, so I don't think you really have anything to be concerned with.... I did add the user above. jjackson1961

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 06:38:06 AM »
sorry you had a buyer like this - I was always very happy with my items from you ^^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 04:22:26 AM »
wow..I'd be upset about that too :cry:  I really hate when people are so unkind as to leave neg feedback when there has been no communication from them :mad:  I also hate when people say they threw items away- I'd much rather they asked to return them for a refund, especially vintage items  :cloud:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 04:02:55 PM »
That's horrible.  I'm so sorry.  I don't suppose there's anyway to report them.  I would definitely block them, though.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »
Can you report them anyway even if you don't have photographs to back up your claim. Might do some good, even just to complain about the rudeness and lack of a decent response?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal