collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New DC Superhero dolls  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: New DC Superhero dolls
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 08:36:17 AM »
Well, I tried watching a few episodes of the series just to give it a shot, and...er...I don't know, it was kinda painful to watch.

But I still really love the dolls and want to collect them all. I should probably try my local Wal-Mart to see if they have a decent selection.

I'm already antsy to see what they're going to release in wave 2!

I feel the same way about the show, tbh. :lol: The dolls are just too cute and well made, though. And I'm a sucker for anything DC so I guess I'm officially a collector of these dolls. Now that they're showing up at Walmart and TRU though, I don't feel as in a rush to get them all when I see them. I can sit back, wait, and let the gift cards pile up so I don't have to pay full price. :P
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ElusiveLily

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 02:42:58 AM »
Honestly, I'm not even into DC that much. I've never been into superhero comics or films, but the dolls were just so appealing and unique looking. I'm more excited to see what other dolls they may release in the next wave. There's certainly a lot of interesting characters to choose from.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 01:05:08 PM »
I hadn't seen these in stores yet till last night. I bought Wonder Woman and poison ivy.

Does anyone know yet what other doll clothing will fit them? I haven't taken mine out of the box yet, wasn't sure if barbie clothing fits or if other doll clothing will fit?

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

ElusiveLily

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 03:31:45 PM »
I took a trip to Wal-Mart today after I got off work to see if they had a better selection of dolls....and they didn't have squat. Not a single doll. I'm not even sure if my store carries them.

So I left empty-handed and went home feeling really disappointed and then saw that there was practically nothing to eat in the house. So I thought 'this will give me an excuse to go to Target.' So after grabbing a few groceries I went to the toy section and saw that they had seven dolls total. There were five Bumblebee and 2 Wonder Woman, so I quickly snatched WW.

I hate to do like everyone else seems to be doing and not buy Bumblebee, but she probably will be the last doll I get, only because I never have to worry about her being out of stock. There's always at least 5 of her on the shelf when I go to the store, but there's only like 1 or 2 of the other girls (if any) and I feel like I should grab them while i can, otherwise they probably won't be there next time.

And so far I haven't seen a single Harley or Ivy during my multiple trips to the store.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:33:40 PM by ElusiveLily »

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »
Found these girls at Wal Mart today and ended up bringing Ivy home with me. I had her before but sold her for another doll purchase. But she is here to stay this time around.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 08:07:13 PM »
I just snagged some Harley Quinns. She's so cute! Where is Cat Woman at?! She would have been purr-fect in this line-up.

My boyfriend is a big DC fan. He has Harley Quinn and now he needs Wonder Woman, Bat Girl and Super Girl.

I didn't really like Poison Ivy, she looks more sweet Disney Tinkerbell then the cunning, seductive villainous she actually is. Don't know who Bumblebee is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:11:19 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

ElusiveLily

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 05:44:09 AM »
Has anyone played around with their Harley's hair? The only thing I don't like about her doll is the fact that she doesn't have her bangs, which I think would have made her look even cuter. I'd kind of be tempted to see if I could mess around with her hair a little bit and try to give her bangs, but I'd be afraid I'd end up breaking the hair bands holding her pigtails up.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2016, 06:23:59 PM »
Has anyone played around with their Harley's hair? The only thing I don't like about her doll is the fact that she doesn't have her bangs, which I think would have made her look even cuter. I'd kind of be tempted to see if I could mess around with her hair a little bit and try to give her bangs, but I'd be afraid I'd end up breaking the hair bands holding her pigtails up.

I've seen some reviews of her that show she has some bangs there just pushed back in with the pigtails. It's no where near close to what her art work looks like though. Her not having bangs is one of the main reasons I won't purchase ber doll. Well that and her painted on leggings.

ElusiveLily

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 02:59:32 PM »
I finally made a trip out to Toys R Us and was pleased to see that they actually had Poison Ivy! They also had Batgirl and Supergirl but not a single Harley Quinn. I've yet to see a Harley anywhere. I can tell right now she's going to be a challenge to get.

So...3 down, 3 to go.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »
I've seen her once or twice at target, I just cant get behind the painted legs :/

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 10:50:47 AM »

I haven't taken down my Harley's hair, but one thing I can say is that her hair is a different type compared to Batgirl's (the only other SHG I own). Batgirl's acts how I'd expect doll/pony hair to, but Harley's like... repels water? You can get it wet, sort of, but if you twist her hair the water beads up on the surface.

Not at all what you were asking about but enjoy your Harley hair trivia :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »
I'm crossing my fingers for Hawk Girl
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MysticalGypsy

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 12:49:05 PM »
How much do they retail in the US for?
I'm in Canada & had to pay $26.23 Canadian: including tax (approx. $19.97 US) each.
~*Formerly known as BlackIris*~
*** Thanks  ponymaker for my Gypsy blinkie! ***

Offline TheFrostWitch

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 01:26:53 PM »
Bought a Harley at Target today. I feel like such a kid :P These dolls are just so cool, though!
I'm back!  :lol:

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 01:15:37 PM »
If anyone missed out on the SDCC Katana exclusive (or the She-ra doll)   Matty Collector is listing leftovers on their website every day at noon through August 26th http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.54460677001?utm_source=matty-collector-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=main-promo&utm_campaign=august-sale no MH/EAH leftovers unfortunately :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal