collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone here speak Italian?  (Read 759 times)

Keemax

• Trade Count: (0)
Does anyone here speak Italian?
« on: June 15, 2016, 07:14:32 AM »
So I received this message as a question on one of my ebay lots:

"Buongiorno vorrei chiederle di comprare questi giochi se perfavore me li volesse vendere gli è ne sarei molto grata in tal caso gli è ne chiederò degli altri grazie dell'attenzione."

.... And when I ran it through Google Translate, I got this:

"Good morning I would like to ask you to buy these games if you please I want them to sell him I would be very grateful if so he will ask the other Thanks for your attention."

For the record, the listing is for a lot of G4 ponies.

I know that Google translate is actually pretty bad for translation, but this is the first time in my experience that it generated something which completely stretches the definition of 'coherent English'  -_-

I think this person is asking for a BIN price or something (which I'm going to have to say no to because the auction has bids on it) but I'm not entirely sure and it worries me because this same person is also currently the highest bidder on another one of my auctions - not the one they asked the question about.

Can anyone translate this, please? :(

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Does anyone here speak Italian?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:15:52 AM »
I used to speak a tiny bit of French, which is also a romance language.  I think first part is "I would like to buy these toys (playthings / "games") please".   The middle part is "I would be very grateful if so."  The part after that I'm not sure of.  Last part is "Thanks for your time."
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »
They want to buy your toys

Google translate is a very ROUGH translation service- especially bad if it is an asian language...

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 10:25:05 AM »
SoSilver can help you with that and how to answer :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 05:05:14 PM »
tell them "Happy Bidding!" :-p
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 11:26:28 PM »
Hi.
Yes, he/she is asking to buy the toys, and he/she'd be very grateful.
;)

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 04:56:20 AM »
Lol Google translate can definitely be pretty dodgy! :P 
As the others said, the person is asking you if they can buy the toys. (polite message though - they are thanking you for your time and they aren't being pushy)  - thanks everyone :bigups:
It looks like  this means they would like to buy rather than bid - which would definitely be a no go , especially if there are already bids
 or  they could be asking if they can buy the toys(as in bid on them, would they be allowed to) since they are in Italy? it doesn't specifically say the last part though so I'm guessing they are maybe asking you if they can actually do a BIN instead or if you could add one to the auction. You can tell them that unfortunately you cant add the buy it now option as there are already bidders but they are welcome to bid on the toys if they still want them (that is if you are willing to ship to Italy of course ) . SoSilver would be able to translate a message for you to reply with if you like - it would be better than sending them a google translated reply - who knows what it would tell them :lol:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 05:17:24 AM »
Lol Google translate can definitely be pretty dodgy! :P 
As the others said, the person is asking you if they can buy the toys. (polite message though - they are thanking you for your time and they aren't being pushy)  - thanks everyone :bigups:
It looks like  this means they would like to buy rather than bid - which would definitely be a no go , especially if there are already bids
 or  they could be asking if they can buy the toys(as in bid on them, would they be allowed to) since they are in Italy? it doesn't specifically say the last part though so I'm guessing they are maybe asking you if they can actually do a BIN instead or if you could add one to the auction. You can tell them that unfortunately you cant add the buy it now option as there are already bidders but they are welcome to bid on the toys if they still want them (that is if you are willing to ship to Italy of course ) . SoSilver would be able to translate a message for you to reply with if you like - it would be better than sending them a google translated reply - who knows what it would tell them :lol:

Yep, just send me a PM and i can translate it for you.
;)

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Keemax

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 10:44:11 AM »
Thank you all so much!  ^.^

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 09:16:50 AM »
Never ever send a Google translated reply. Send it in your native language and double check your spelling and grammar.

Always looking for MLP erasers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal