collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Pony 2016  (Read 33138 times)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Re: SDCC Pony?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 04:28:04 PM »
I've been looking for information about the SDCC exclusives, too!

I'm still hoping that Muffins gets an Equestria Girls doll sometime. Comic Con sounds like a likely place for that to happen!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 02:07:25 AM »
Another thing that will probably revealed soon are the TRU "SDCC" Exclusives since we haven't seen any of those yet. (Besides those Wonderbolt Brushables of Pinkie and Fluttershy and yet it's unclear if these are for TRU or Target.) Perhaps we'll see an Amazon Exclusive doll as well.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 08:59:53 AM »
I seem to recall that both the TRU exclusives and Hasbro pony exclusive were announced really late last year.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 01:51:13 PM »
What does everyone think about the Wonderbolt Rainbow Dash that's just popped up on taobao (the one MLPMerch just posted about) I'm half hoping yes but then nooooooo, I want to actually buy her without the pain of SDCC. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 04:26:45 PM »
I don't think it's likely to be *the* sdcc/fair exclusive because last year when they did a costumed pony it was an extremely detailed, real fabric costume.  Not body paint. But it could be part of that other line of painted mane 6 that are likely to be a store exclusive.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 04:27:38 PM »
What does everyone think about the Wonderbolt Rainbow Dash that's just popped up on taobao (the one MLPMerch just posted about) I'm half hoping yes but then nooooooo, I want to actually buy her without the pain of SDCC. :P
Not unless they give her a full costume.. Because that simple RD is not even WORTH the cost XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »

Yeah I think no.  I bet she is related to the other painted ponies that have been popping up.

I assume if there will be a costumed pony- it will have a fabric outfit. I do actually hope they do another costumed pony- I LOVE the Pinkie pony wearing the chicken outfit- it is so well made and soft... and a chicken! So cute...

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 11:49:50 PM »
Hmm, she could be a part of the TRU "SDCC" Exclusives (with the wonderbolt brushables) or she'll be the real SDCC one. Most ponies found on Taobao come loose without any of the accesoires. But I can see it happen that she will be included with a full stitched outfit and some nice goggles. Guess we'll figure out soon.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »
Hmm, she could be a part of the TRU "SDCC" Exclusives (with the wonderbolt brushables) or she'll be the real SDCC one. Most ponies found on Taobao come loose without any of the accesoires. But I can see it happen that she will be included with a full stitched outfit and some nice goggles. Guess we'll figure out soon.
But why the painted top on her? That actually does not make any since to me if they do a full suit

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 11:05:08 AM »
I do think it's kinda silly keeping it secret til the Fair. SDCC doesn't keep their exclusives secret. What if you preorder it and it turns out to be something you don't want? Or maybe worse don't preorder and regret it because if you only knew you would have?

Exactly. And its not like the Hasbro exclusives are these amazing figures that people will be tripping over themselves for. Almost every other company releases info on their exclusives early. There's no harm in letting people know if they should save their money or not.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 04:10:35 PM »
I do think it's kinda silly keeping it secret til the Fair. SDCC doesn't keep their exclusives secret. What if you preorder it and it turns out to be something you don't want? Or maybe worse don't preorder and regret it because if you only knew you would have?

Exactly. And its not like the Hasbro exclusives are these amazing figures that people will be tripping over themselves for. Almost every other company releases info on their exclusives early. There's no harm in letting people know if they should save their money or not.

One year it was a huge deal, though:  2012, the year of muffins pony.  They are *still* going for more than they sold for, and for a while, you couldn't find them for less than $100!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2016, 04:43:01 PM »

One year it was a huge deal, though:  2012, the year of muffins pony.  They are *still* going for more than they sold for, and for a while, you couldn't find them for less than $100!
That's probably due to :muffin: pony being the fan child of Bronies

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 02:32:19 AM »
Regardless I'm super excited to find out! I'm going to the fair, so I can't wait to pick mine up! I'm hoping for something spectacular!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »
Someone on another forum was saying they really think itd that Wonderbolt Rainbow Dash, since one has been found on taobao. Let's hope not.....because that's honestly really lame....and plus Hasbro has been very good about managing leaked sdcc exclusives the past few years. Guess its a surprise!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:08:04 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 01:11:16 PM »
Its a little odd because its been so long since I have been excited by these exclusives that I dont find myself "looking forward" to them in the way I used to. Dont get me wrong I do think its great they exist, I just dont know what its going to take for me to swoon at them again.

I do also agree that for some reason they will leave it to the bitter end to annouce.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal