collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buyer to Avoid brucekatana77  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Christahope

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Depends Pony
  • Moondancer is best pony
    • View Profile
Buyer to Avoid brucekatana77
« on: June 08, 2016, 12:12:26 PM »
Hello all! I'm not one to make very many posts, but I thought that this buyer would be one to avoid. He is located in Italy so if you don't ship there then you probably don't have to worry. This is the item he purchased from me.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172100814712?euid=07e6ef1f51514bcc8e54236010b3322e&bu=43213437944&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

I shipped it out Priority and it made it there. I guess he did not research his country's import/customs fees. I received a message from him in Italian and when translated, it was super nasty and profanity filled. Due to this offensive language I will not post the message he sent here. If you would like to see it just PM me and I will share it in private. I am usually a very friendly person in my responses, but I felt blunt and to the point would do. Here's how I responded:

"Hello, If you read the item description, I am not responsible for the import charges and customs. It 's different for every country and is the responsibility of the buyer to know exactly what their country charge before buying internationally. Unless you can contact me in a professional manner, with no profanity, I can not continue communication with you. I reported your message to eBay as it is a violation of their policies."

He has been reported to eBay, but whether they do anything or not who knows. I thought sellers that ship to Italy would like to know this so they can avoid possible hassle from this very colorfully spoken person. Thanks for reading!

Edit: He left negative feedback with profanity as well. Not a person worth dealing with.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:24:31 PM by Christahope »

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer to Avoid brucekatana77
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 02:10:53 PM »
Yikes.

So, the item didn't disappear - it was delivered successfully - but it had import duties? Just making sure I'm clear. :)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 02:18:15 PM »
He should have known? I find it silly that he is upset for something you have no control over, plus he got his item. Sorry you had deal with this buyer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Christahope

• Arena Supporter
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 09:17:31 PM »
No, the item did not disappear. It actually arrived quickly. :) He was upset and berated me over having to pay the customs charges to pick it up. He dropped the f-bomb a couple times among other things. His message was so filled with rage. I can only imagine that this person is an extremely angry, unhappy person in life. He doesn't have a lot of feedback so perhaps he did not know about customs and such. I wonder how he reacted to his postal employees when he picked it up. Needless to say I will be calling eBay about his feedback and the profanity in it.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 09:39:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can get RH feedback removed because of the profanity, but I'm unsure.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 04:32:34 AM »
Ugh! how awful :mad:  the customs charges are the buyers responsibility so he should just suck it up and learn from his mistakes. He should not be harassing you over customs charges that have nothing to do with you, and he should also not leave that feedback.
I'm glad you reported him, but you can also have that neg feedback removed for 2 reasons - firstly it was  nothing to do with the item or the transaction , it was due to him having to pay customs charges - which is not the sellers responsibility - as it also mentions on ebay -  and secondly you can get it removed for the insulting bad language which  is not allowed according to ebay policy either ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 05:21:55 AM »
You sound like a very reasonable person. Thanks for the heads up with the buyer's name.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Christahope

• Arena Supporter
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »
Thanks everyone! Spoke with an eBay rep this morning and was able to get the feedback completely removed. Yay! At first she thought she could only hide the comment, but I had her look at his nasty message to me. She was like, "I am so sorry you had to deal with that!" Based on that and his rant on the customs fees she had it removed and said they would definitely be sending him a warning and putting a strike on his account. Not sure what that means for him, but I'm very happy his offensive remarks are gone from my feedback. :)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 09:37:19 PM »
Excellent news!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 10:10:02 PM »
Fantastic news! Glaad things worked out

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 04:59:30 AM »
that's awesome news! I'm really glad they sorted it for you hun :cheer:  :hug:  :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 11:45:52 PM »
If you need any help for translations or anything else, ask me and i can help ;)

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »
I'm glad Ebay went in your favour. We all hate customs and import fees, but it isn't the seller who determines them. The seller does us a favour by going to the trouble of shipping internationally in the first place, which may mean going to the post office to check costs and other such things. We choose to buy those items. It's our country's borders that chooses to charge us for ridiculous things like second hand toys or whatever.

If he wants to rant to anyone, I suggest he have a good long rant to Italian Customs and Excise. Though I doubt he'll get anywhere, because they'll just tell him, don't buy from outside the EU then!

In any case, you didn't deserve any profanity for just doing your job as a seller. Really happy Ebay are taking serious action; hopefully next time he'll think twice.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal