collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Long-term project: Turning all kinds of mane 6 figures into other ponies?  (Read 453 times)

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
So I've accumulated over 37 different mane 6 figures of all shapes and sizes, and see some odd ones (like oversized Pinkies and such) pretty offten at thrift dirt cheap.
I collect a lot of non-mane 6 ponies like Lyra, Bonbon, Daring Do, apple famly members, Coco Pommel, Nurse ponies and so on.
Seeing as any non-alicorn ponies could become pretty much any character in their species, I thought maybe I could put them to good use and buff up my small collections of ponies who don't get quite as much merchandise love :)
So a few questions I had, and really any imput would help as I am a total novice:
What meathods do you use to make a custom brushable, or solid figure(like McDonalds ponies and such)?
Brands of paint reccomended? I'd like to keep the paint the same between all of them - like the excact same mint green paint on any Lyra's I customize.
And last of all any imput on sculpting and painting hair on non-brushable figures? (customizing Pinkie figures into Bonbon's for exsample only need a bit of sculpting ontop of the preexisting mound of hair)

Thanks so much! <3 I hope I can have a few done soon to show here :)
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
I don't know if you ever figured out the answers to your questions or not, but I will do my best. I use ceramcoat cause I am cheap and it has a LOT of colors that do not require mixing. I had to go back and repair a woona two years later and was able to match the paint. As for solids into brushies? Well something to keep in mind is most are solid so you are gonna need a dremal, some hot water and patience.

Your gonna have to start off softening the plastic with a boiling bath. You can hack away with an x-acto but BE CAREFUL. Fingers are friends!! After a while you will get the tail and the hair off. You will need to resculpt missing pieces back on that hair was covering with apoxie sculpt. You can sand and smooth it down over time. eventually you will have a basic pony. Then you can finally drill your plugs. You won't be able to drill all the way through so stil your plug in with glue and there ya go.

Its a labor of love more than anything, so make sure you feel its worth it. It ultimately depends on the mcdonald pony as well. They had so many come out. Which ones are you talking about?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal