collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Damaged box- what would you do/say?  (Read 811 times)

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Damaged box- what would you do/say?
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:34:20 PM »
I've bought a lot of stuff on eBay over the years and this is the first time I've ever pulled a  :mad: face when I opened the box.

I bought a 1995 Happy Holidays Barbie last week, NRFB, I felt like I paid a pretty good price, the box and doll looked really nice in the auction photos.

It came today, and good lord.. It was not well packed.  :huh:

The doll box was crammed into a cardboard box barely bigger than the doll box itself. That box was in turn placed inside a larger box with no padding of any kind. No paper, bubble wrap, nothing.
The exterior box looked like it has been dragged down the street behind a horse and I could hear the interior box rattling inside before I opened it.
The doll box has a huge dent in it, which bums me out majorly. The dent is big enough that it's messed up the back, sides and top.

So obviously I need to say something to the seller, but I'm not entirely sure what to say, or what I wanna do. The doll looks really nice still but the box is a wreck, if I kept her I would probably de-box her and the price I paid is definitely too much for a loose doll.  Do I ask for a certain amount back?  Or do I just message the seller and explain how the doll arrived, express disappointment and see what they offer?  My husband thinks I should just return it but that's such a hassle... I dunno.

Thoughts? Script suggestions? I'm more worried about initiating contact than I should be, I know, I haaaaaaaaate expressing dissatisfaction but, ugh. I was looking forward to getting this doll and it was a letdown.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Damaged box- what would you do/say?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:04:16 PM »
Ringlets gave me an awesome template for contacting a seller with a complaint. See her post in my thread:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378492.0.html

Post Merge: June 03, 2016, 11:18:33 PM

Ringlets gave me an awesome template for contacting a seller with a complaint. See her post in my thread:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378492.0.html

Actually to draft something up based upon the advice she gave me:

" Hi, I received my doll today, thank you for sending her so quickly (or some other positive remark about the transaction) but unfortunately her box was damaged in transit. When I look at how she was packed, I see that her box was placed inside a slightly larger box without padding (bubblewrap, etc..) for protection. I understand that mistakes happen in packing and shipping items.  However, I was truly disappointed that the doll's box was so damaged, as it greatly depreciates the item's value. Therefore, I wanted to talk to you about what to do next."
Then let the seller know what you'd like to do. Do you want to keep the doll or return it?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:18:33 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 04:21:38 AM »
That's a great template, thanks for the suggestion in where to start! :) I'm still debating with myself on whether or not I wanna keep it but I'll make up my mind and take photos and send the message this morning.  :blush:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 04:27:51 AM »
:hug:  thank you for posting  Northstar3184  and for making the template fit the problem that buttonso has too :bigups:

Hopefully that should help you Buttonso :)  its always a pain when things like this happen but a tactful message can help a lot when you have to sort it out ;)
Please let us know  how it goes
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »
The seller was very nice and apologetic and refunded me more than I would have thought to ask for, so, happy ending!  ^.^

I feel stupid for all the hand wringing I did about it though.  :blush: :P

I'm gonna de-box the doll, most of my HH Barbies are not in boxes anyway so she will be in good company.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 12:17:41 PM by buttonso »

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 04:08:57 PM »
Glad it worked out!  :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 03:47:37 AM »
Thanks for the update :lovey:
I'm happy it all worked out so well in the end too - that's awesome :cheer:  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal