collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Huge pony stash  (Read 1607 times)

Bommels

• Trade Count: (0)
Huge pony stash
« on: June 01, 2016, 06:56:42 AM »
Okay, so. Basically, I need some interpersonal advice in order to maybe acquire the pony lot of my dreams.

I used to be best friends with a girl from my town, we basically grew up together and used to play with our ponies together a lot. She had a huge amount of ponies, plus the Lullaby Nursery and the Show Stable and some pretty rare ponies, too.

During our last year of school, we both really changed and as a result had a harsh falling-out. We haven't spoken for five years and she's moved away now, but her ponies are (probably) still in the attic of her parents' house. My mom and her mom are good friends. See where this is going?

It's driving me up the walls knowing that all these beautiful ponies are there, just waiting for someone to make them shine again. I'd love to have them, I'd even pay for them, but I really don't know how to convey my interest and find out whether my ex-best friend would sell them, especially to me.

I thought about asking my mom to ask her mom to ask her if she wanted to keep the ponies in the first place. Her mom has nothing against me, so maybe she could arrange for the ponies to be sold to "somebody". But I don't really dare to ask because I'm afraid she wants to keep the ponies, maybe for her own children lateron.

What do I do? Oh, what do I do?

[Moving to TS ~ Mirn]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:13:48 AM by Mirnyj »

Yukiru

Re: Huge pony stash
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 07:15:24 AM »
I would just ask your old bff. It's been a while since you talked, right? The worst she can do is say no  ^.^ Though it probably be a good idea to make sure she knows you're talking to her again because you want to reconnect (if you actually want to do that) and not just buy stuff from her and disappear again since that would kinda suck. I think the only way you should factor your friend's mom in is as ab easy way to physically get said ponies if your friend agrees to let you have them.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:19:01 AM by Yukiru »

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 07:24:46 AM »
Yeah, I would just go the direct route. If you can't contact her directly, talk to her mom about wanting to contact her about them. A lot of things can change in five years. She might actually like the idea of going to someone she knows. Be brave! Ask away!

Bommels

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 07:33:22 AM »
Wow, you guys have a lot of faith in the good in people  :shocked: Not that that's a bad thing xD Our circumstances are a bit worse, because we're really-really-not-talking-to-each-other-not-even-facebook-friends-anymore. But I think you're right, I'll contact her mom and ask about the ponies :) She's the only mode of communication I have anyway :D The worst thing that can happen is a no... And then it won't be bugging me anymore.
Thanks for your lovely support ♥ This has really been on my mind for a long time now.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 07:36:38 AM »
She may not like you......but she may like your money. Be sure to mention that you are willing to *pay* for them. lol

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 07:44:53 AM »
I'm sorry you had such a huge falling out- that sucks. If you mention that you want the ponies, is she going to be spiteful and burn them rather than sell them to you? If the moms are still buddies, maybe you could go with your mom one of the times they go for coffee and mention that you remember playing ponies, and then bring up that you are interested in them. There are all sorts of directions this could go- but you're right, the worst that can happen is someone telling you "no."
If you remember a specific pony, maybe you could bring up that this pony is valuable/precious. You might not score all the ponies, but maybe you can save one.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »
good luck. I would approach the mom, or get your mom to ask her mom. I wouldn't approach her, that would be weird. Keep us updated!

PS: I would NOT say anything about the monetary value of ponies, aside from offering to buy. Like, not mention, hey you have Rapunzel she is worth a lot of money did you know that?  it might make them want to keep and sell them on their own.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 08:51:17 AM »
I think I'd avoid subterfuge like her ponies being sold to "somebody".  Sooner or later she will find out that they were sold to you, and if she didn't know beforehand then the fur is going to fly.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 09:39:19 AM »
Personally, I'd just let them go.  There are lots of ponies out there for purchase that don't come with a side of potential drama and reopening of old wounds.  That's just what I'd do though.  I have enough problems to deal with.  I like my hobbies to be drama-free. 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 12:19:53 PM »
Personally, I'd just let them go.  There are lots of ponies out there for purchase that don't come with a side of potential drama and reopening of old wounds.  That's just what I'd do though.  I have enough problems to deal with.  I like my hobbies to be drama-free. 

This is probably what I'd do, too.

But if you are going to ask about them, then you need to go direct.

Maybe write her a letter. Explain that you remember the ponies. Explain that you realise that you are at negative odds, and you don't intend on causing any trouble -you're just enquiring if she'd be interested in selling them to you.

If she ignores or refuses, then you must let it go.

But it has to go through her. I would be really cross if my mother sold something of mine to someone without checking what I thought or felt about it (not that she would) and it might create issues within her family if you were to try and use the mother as a go between.

This has to be between you and the girl. Otherwise let them go.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Bommels

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 12:44:15 AM »
Okay, the plan is now to ask her mom to ask her if she would give or sell the ponies to me. I don't have any of her contact info, so contacting her directly wouldn't only be awkward, it's actually impossible. Not that I'm not glad to have an opportunity to chicken out :P

I'll be in contact with her mom soon and I'll post again once I have an answer. Thanks for all your support, guys! :)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 10:59:31 AM »
I think asking her mom to ask her if she's interested in selling them is totally fine. They're not being sold without her consent and you have no way of contacting her anyway so her mom is your line of communication. At least that way you tried and you're not thinking 'what if" for the rest of your life.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 11:02:06 AM »
I think that's a good solution.  Best of luck, it's always fun to get a pony stash!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Bommels

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 04:18:24 AM »
Update:

I had a really good dream about ponies tonight :P So I finally mustered up my courage and called. Her mom informed me that some or even most of the ponies and toys had probably been given away to cousins and nieces and the like, but she would check and ask again. So I still don't know for sure.

Mom: Asked
Answer: Pending
Price: Pending
Ponies: Pending

Next Update:

All the ponies have gone to a little cousin. Sigh. Well, at least I have closure now. On to the hunting! On to the fleamarkets!

Thanks for all your support and the nice and encouraging comments :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:57:18 AM by Bommels »

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 08:44:46 PM »
So sad they were gone! But at least you tried! Now you will never lay in bed thinking what if!! You'll find more ponies to enjoy! (Hugs)
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal