collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone remember "Puppiez & Kittiez" toys?  (Read 1628 times)

Offline BubbleSurprise

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Does anyone remember "Puppiez & Kittiez" toys?
« on: June 01, 2016, 12:09:35 AM »
Hey guys! :biggrin:

I was hoping someone could help me out as I've been looking literally everywhere for info on these. Does anyone remember a line of plush puppies/kittens that made sounds? They were around the time Miss Party Surprise was out, so maybe in 2000-2002?

They were sold as playsets which included either a puppy or kitten plush toy. I only had a puppy playset but it came with a pink magnetised brush, a pink checkered carry basket, a magnetised bottle and a little adoption certificate. Its eyes had fabric "eyelids" so that you could open and close them, and there were magnets in its mouth and back so it made slurping sounds when you fed it its bottle and whined when you brushed its fur. It wore a collar with a massive speaker on the front, and if I remember correctly the speaker had "Puppiez & Kittiez" written on it. I assumed that was the line's name.

I remember them so well as they were everywhere and my friends had the kittens. They even sold miniature plush versions alone with only the fabric eyelids as the feature. Then they just disappeared completely. :|

If anyone remembers them or knows who made them, please please let me know. Thanks guys!! :)

[moved to Toy Box by kaoskat]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:21:25 AM by Kiwi »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone remember "Puppiez & Kittiez" toys?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 11:45:16 AM »
These?

http://www.kimsites.net/attic/misc/catz_box.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5743/22779175551_393e8deff3_b.jpg

I never had one but I was hardcore into the game they were based on.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Peloria

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:57:37 AM »
Yes! I had a Siamese Catz toy. I think the commercial went something like "Dogz and Catz are my friend forever" in a sing-songy voice. It came with a magnetized blue plastic fish treat, I think a food and water dish too that made sounds.

I was obsessed with the PC games too, I still have a copy installed on a very old laptop collecting dust at my Ma's.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 12:51:14 PM »
Yes! I had a Siamese Catz toy. I think the commercial went something like "Dogz and Catz are my friend forever" in a sing-songy voice. It came with a magnetized blue plastic fish treat, I think a food and water dish too that made sounds.

I was obsessed with the PC games too, I still have a copy installed on a very old laptop collecting dust at my Ma's.

I still have a heavily modded copy of the game installed on a flash drive (yes it actually can run off a flash drive so technically I could play it anywhere). And put it on pretty much every computer I own even if I rarely touch the game now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:52:59 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 03:35:05 AM »
Aww, yes! I had a dalmation :D Don't think I have it anymore, but I used to love that thing x3
I also had one of the computer games.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 04:54:31 PM »
Yes! I loved the video games and had the toys too. I know I sold one on ebay (had the accessories found) I should have two more floating around I've found the accessories but need to find the pets now so I can find them new homes!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 03:33:47 PM »
I'm actually a collector of the series and have loved it scince they came out! :D I've had and spent many, many hours in every game 1 to 5, untill the "Petz" series got taken over by ubisoft and the whole style was lost.
PF Magic made the games, I offten find the plush by looking up PF Magic when searching for Catz/Dogz.  Looks like the whole set here: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nZYkCo5Z31Q/hqdefault.jpg

I only ever got Homebody (greyish fluffy cat), and the beagle. I know I saw the black/white cat at KB Toys, and chose Homebody as she was my favorite of the two. Went back the next week and the B/W kitty was gone. >W<
They were made by Trendmasters but sometimes say Main Event toys on things, and PF Magic was the company who owned Catz/Dogz. I offten search for the plush using PF Magic included in the search :)

I do have a spare Homebody i found at thrift, I was planing on trading her for another plush in the line but I could sell her if you are really looking for her :)

BTW here's commercials for the puppiez/kitties and catz/dogz plush showing all of them! (I don't have speakers atm so sorry if the sound is weird or something XD )
puppiez/kittiez: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fEbAGl2F2A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZYkCo5Z31Q
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 05:04:33 AM »
I'm actually a collector of the series and have loved it scince they came out! :D

I'll be keeping you in mind if it turns out I sold off the petz and not the accessories for my remaining accessories! I haven't gone looking yet been a bit hectic around here.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »
Well this answers the question I've been asking myself for a few days :). I was going through some stuff to put in the basement and came across the toy mouse. I had the black and white Catz and my step sister had the fluffy grey one.

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 06:49:26 PM »
I still have mine!!
I was addicted to those games when I was a kid, and a relative gave me one of the plush
I have the grey and white persian
My Tumblr

NoelVS

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 09:29:37 AM »

The brown dog in the left was my little's brother pet. He named him "Slinky" and took him with him everywhere. He must be somewhere in my mum's house ^^ I think they're lovely

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal