collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Maybe I'm just venting... But I don't think these terms are fair.  (Read 4932 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Maybe I'm just venting... But I don't think these terms are fair.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 01:17:08 PM »
If she used that exact phrase, i think that counts for extortion under ebays rules, doesnt it?

Oooo yes, you're right!  It's against eBay's rules to say "If you don't give me a partial refund, I'll leave you a negative."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:51:02 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 05:46:49 PM »
That is classic feedback extortion.  I think it's time to stop trying to work it out with the buyer, and report her to ebay for feedback extortion.  I wouldn't tell the buyer that you've been discussing it with anyone else.  That's likely to cause a twitchy buyer to go totally crazy. Honestly, I don't think you'll get anywhere good trying to work this out with her at this point.  Unless of course you want to see if you can get her to say anything else you could use as evidence since her "I'll ruin your seller's account" comment is a bit vague.  It should be enough on its own though.  Just let ebay know that she has threatened you unless you give her money.  If she does give you a negative, and ebay does side with you about the feedback(as they should), they should remove it and block her from leaving you ANY feedback.  They might even do something to the buyer as well, but I don't know how hard they come on a first time offender.  If it's not her first time, she may eventually get booted from ebay.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

I'd also add her to your blocked bidders list.  I'm sure a lot of other sellers would love to add her to theirs as well.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 09:58:36 AM »
I would report her to ebay for feedback extortion

giggles

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Maybe I\'m just venting... But I don\'t think these terms are fair.
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 10:05:51 AM »
This is the same buyer my friend is dealing with and they did the same thing to her.  Threatened to leave bad feedback if she didn't send them money for shipping first even though they'd already opened a paypal claim, etc.

Post Merge: June 01, 2016, 10:07:55 AM

Here's the exact message, originally they wanted a $50.00 partial refund on a $90.00 pony.  After my friend accepted the paypal solution of full refund with return of the pony, the buyer sent this message:

Hi,
Just wanted to noticed that Ebay decided me to return the pony to you.
I'm ok to do that, but as I already explaned, I need you to send me the shipping cost of $22 before I ship.
This because I have no guarantees that once you receive the pony back, you will add the $22 to the refund of my purchase, and I risk to remain uncovered of the shipping cost.
In case you will not allow the return, I can accept at least a partial refund of $20 of my purchase.
In case you will not do neither of these 2 options I will leave a very negative feedback to your seller account.
I will wait until tomorrow to take measures on you.
Please choose what you prefer do do and let me know.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:07:55 AM by giggles »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 10:09:15 AM »
Such a shame, it seems she is extorting many people.  She should DEFINITELY be reported and kicked off ebay...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 10:54:20 AM »
This is the same buyer my friend is dealing with and they did the same thing to her.  Threatened to leave bad feedback if she didn't send them money for shipping first even though they'd already opened a paypal claim, etc.

Post Merge: June 01, 2016, 10:07:55 AM

Here's the exact message, originally they wanted a $50.00 partial refund on a $90.00 pony.  After my friend accepted the paypal solution of full refund with return of the pony, the buyer sent this message:

Hi,
Just wanted to noticed that Ebay decided me to return the pony to you.
I'm ok to do that, but as I already explaned, I need you to send me the shipping cost of $22 before I ship.
This because I have no guarantees that once you receive the pony back, you will add the $22 to the refund of my purchase, and I risk to remain uncovered of the shipping cost.
In case you will not allow the return, I can accept at least a partial refund of $20 of my purchase.
In case you will not do neither of these 2 options I will leave a very negative feedback to your seller account.
I will wait until tomorrow to take measures on you.
Please choose what you prefer do do and let me know.
Thanks.

That is awful!  Giggles, please tell your friend to report her for feedback extortion.

See, THIS is why sellers should be allowed to leave negative feedback on buyers!  There is no way to leave a red flag for other sellers!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 11:42:01 AM »
Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer unless the item is grossly misrepresented, right? 

I agree, report her for fb extortion, block her, and post her name here so no one else has to deal with her. 

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 12:48:40 PM »
This buyer is just another reason why I am glad I don't ship to Italy. What a horrible person!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 01:31:59 PM »
Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer unless the item is grossly misrepresented, right? 

I agree, report her for fb extortion, block her, and post her name here so no one else has to deal with her.

Yes, please do post her ebay name-  she is a menace.

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 05:52:33 PM »
Unbelievable!!! Who knows how many sellers have fallen for her scam.  :mad: 

Is it okay to post her eBay username here or would that be inappropriate? I really don't want any other nice pony people getting scammed by this individual.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 06:36:50 PM »
At this point, I think A LOT of us would appreciate knowing what this person's Ebay ID is...  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 07:09:56 PM »
And me.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »
Yes, you can post her ebay name here so the rest of us can avoid her!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 07:50:29 PM »
Concur with cutting off all communication at this point and reporting directly to ebay - this is classic scamming behaviour, fear mongering and extortion. I wouldn't post their ebay username until this is resolved one way or the other officially - don't give them any ammunition.  Wouldn't mention any outside forums either. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 11:42:26 PM »
Concur with cutting off all communication at this point and reporting directly to ebay - this is classic scamming behaviour, fear mongering and extortion. I wouldn't post their ebay username until this is resolved one way or the other officially - don't give them any ammunition.  Wouldn't mention any outside forums either.

This is what I've been thinking as well and why I've been reluctant to disclose her username.

In response to the last message I received from her, I politely said that I think that it's best to proceed with putting this in the hands of the resolution center. I have yet to hear back from her.

I'm speculating that she may be trying to avoid opening a claim as she recently opened one against giggles friend. I imagine if there are multiple complaints coming in from one buyer that could be a red flag for eBay. However, if she is able to negotiate partial refunds from sellers without escalating things to the resolution center, then I'm thinking eBay would be none the wiser and this sort of behavior could go on indefinitely.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal