collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Super fragile - but I'm going to send it in a bubble mailer...  (Read 702 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Received a parcel at the start of the week. Still haven't contacted the eBay seller but I should.

They sell collectables - in this case I bought some MOC G4s.

The bubble mailer they arrived in had something written on it like "Extremely fragile thanks".

So you know they're fragile - why wouldn't you put them in a box?! Unsurprisingly they all have slightly bent cards - one of which is creased so I won't be able to fix it.  >_<

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: Super fragile - but I'm going to send it in a bubble mailer...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 04:21:19 PM »
I've had that problem before, I bought a MOC Nurse Red Heart, sent it in bubble mailer.... And the glue came undone so.... There went the mint... Oh well...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:38:26 PM »
Does it mention in their auction the shipping method? Because if it didn't I would have messaged the seller and requested ahead of time and asked that they send it priority in a box even if you have to pay extra. Because shipping in a bubble envelope and writing fragile is not going to do anything as far as USPS is concerned. They expect their customers to pay for priority shipping and insurance.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 02:49:05 AM »
I had this twice with two G1 ponies years and years back. Both MOC, both came off their cards as a result of transit, so ended up being mint loose ponies. The second, Wind Whistler, I negotiated with the seller who took responsibility for the packing and refunded me partially. The first, nothing at all. That was Watercolor Misty and he sent her in an envelope - not a padded one, a regular one - via SURFACE mail (which took 4 or 5 weeks to get to me). Of course, this was not my decision; but back then a lot of sellers chose to ship surface to the UK instead of air because it was cheaper and they felt it offered a more competitive rate.

I am amazed her card isn't more damaged, but she fell right off it the moment I opened the envelope.

I recently bought some wing replacements for MH doll Rochelle and the seller sent them in a normal envelope without padding. No idea how they didn't get smashed. I also had a couple of dolls in basic envelopes which our postie tried to shove through the letter box (and they got stuck). I had to realign Jackson's hips, as the whole endeavour dislocated both of them (but didn't break the elastic, thankfully, he's fine now, if a little shaken xD)

People shipping on ebay need to understand that even if they want to offer competitive shipping prices, it isn't good PR for them to ship badly. They should consider themselves responsible for damage in the post that occurs on account of their poor packing, since we all know that post gets tossed about a lot. I always worry about delicate items I send even within the UK, although they always go in boxes with lots of bubble packing. I can't imagine sending anything really fragile in a basic mailer.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 02:46:46 AM »
Someone did this to me with a very rare unopened sticker sheet. They charged me like $4 for shipping and threw it in a plain envelope with a single stamp. They're very lucky nothing happened to them, but I still complained and mentioned it in the feedback I left. They didn't seem to understand why overcharging (especially what would be enough for a bubblemailer) and sending easy to bend/rip/destroy items like that was a problem.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 04:11:20 AM »
:facepalm:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 10:08:46 PM »
I'm always amazed at the things people send in bubble mailers.  Do they really think a MOC will be safe in there?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal