collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Invent your own pony line!  (Read 1550 times)

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Invent your own pony line!
« on: May 25, 2016, 01:49:11 AM »
So as of late, I've begun to realize I have a lot of ideas for themed pony lines, in the vein of G1's pony sets. From soda float ponies with transparent, bubbly bodies to jewel-toned queens, my brain's been going wild recently. So--what kind of pony line would you like to see? What kind of concepts can you come up with? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
Re: Invent your own pony line!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 02:28:54 AM »
Ooh, I love soda floats! I planned a set of ancient egyptian ponies for an artwork piece once. One had a scarab symbol and the other one an ankh, and they had this extra eyeliner to imitate the hieroglyph art.
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 02:32:59 AM »
I had thought of a line of pegasus stallions named for tropical weather.  Monsoon, Hurricane, Jet Streak, Trade Wind, Pineapple Express, and Squall Line.  Their gimmick is that they come with Hawaiian-style shirts and have tropical island-themed backcard stories.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 03:31:36 AM »
I did this as a kid, a lot. I have several terrible traced or scribbled images from my very young self xD. I remember inventing a set of ponies with horns and wings. Also some flutter ponies in more bold and vivid colours. The ponies with horns and wings were princesses, they had some kind of rainbow and jewelled connection. I think I created about eight of them, but I don't remember the names of any of them now.

I remember one looked a lot like Tickle in colours, only with a horn. I think I imagined them to have slimmer, flutterish bodies, but with proper pegasus wings, not flutter wings. I know another was yellow. I can't recall the rest :) but I remember writing them all special magic tricks, like the comic ponies had :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Princess Lala

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 06:14:40 AM »
I've done this a lot as a kid with many of my toys! I have been thinking of a few new g1 toylines to create since I joined here.

One toyline I dreamed up is a clear sparkily ponies with star themed names and symbols, like a blue and purple one called "Crystal Comet" and a purple, red, and white one called "Stellar Swirl" after the milky way! Fun spacey things like that LOL.

I also like the thought of sea ponies with horns like a narwhal, except not a tooth, but a unicorn seapony.

I also want to invented a set of G4's in my head a set of glow in the dark pastel ponies with glow in the dark paint and hair. In my head I've got a few with starry symbols, a blue pony with pink and white hair with a lantern symbol, a pastel pink pony with a white jellyfish symbol, and a green pony with a lightning bug symbol xD Even the packaging  will be glow in the dark! Muahaha!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:19:12 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »
Unipeg ponies
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 10:57:36 PM »
I'd create holiday/seasonal G1 sets. G3 had so many wonderful winter ponies, Easter ponies, Halloween ponies, etc... It'd be great to have G1s like that.

I'd also make a massive playset. The G1 sets that were released were to small. It'd have been nice to have one that could easily accommodate 30 or so ponies.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 05:28:51 AM »
Hmm, they probably wouldn't be very marketable but I'd love to see some 19th century nautical themed ponies, with really detailed woodcut-styled symbols (so they'd probably have to be a subset of TAFs!), with motifs like compasses, galleons and those really flamboyantly stylised serpents. :heart:

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 08:45:31 AM »
I had thought of a line of pegasus stallions named for tropical weather.  Monsoon, Hurricane, Jet Streak, Trade Wind, Pineapple Express, and Squall Line.  Their gimmick is that they come with Hawaiian-style shirts and have tropical island-themed backcard stories.

I love this thought! Please don't hate me if I make them or ponies like that.  :heart: ^^; :heart:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »

I love this thought! Please don't hate me if I make them or ponies like that.  :heart: ^^; :heart:
That's perfectly fine.  Do you want to know their colors?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »
Yes!  :yippee:  They may change but I'd like to know your start point.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 10:05:18 AM »
Monsoon is mint green with aqua hair, light blue eyes, and three light blue raindrops in an upside down triangle formation as his symbol.  His shirt with yellow with a light blue floral pattern.

Hurricane is white with wine red hair, blue eyes, and two black on red storm flags up a gray flagpole and three red hurricane symbols as his symbol.  His shirt is blue with a white floral pattern

Jet Streak is blue with light blue hair, purple eyes, and a white cloud with a blowing face as his symbol.  His shirt is white with a purple floral pattern.

Trade Wind is yellow with orange hair, green eyes, and a blue clipper ship as his symbol.  His shirt with green with a pink floral pattern.

Pineapple Express is hot pink with green hair, yellow eyes, and a title yellow pineapple with speed lines as his symbol.  His shirt is orange with a yellow floral pattern.

Squall Line is light blue with dark purple hair, pink eyes, and a white thunderhead symbol for his symbol.  His shirt is pink with a blue floral pattern.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »
Monsoon is mint green with aqua hair, light blue eyes, and three light blue raindrops in an upside down triangle formation as his symbol.  His shirt with yellow with a light blue floral pattern.

Hurricane is white with wine red hair, blue eyes, and two black on red storm flags up a gray flagpole and three red hurricane symbols as his symbol.  His shirt is blue with a white floral pattern

Jet Streak is blue with light blue hair, purple eyes, and a white cloud with a blowing face as his symbol.  His shirt is white with a purple floral pattern.

Trade Wind is yellow with orange hair, green eyes, and a blue clipper ship as his symbol.  His shirt with green with a pink floral pattern.

Pineapple Express is hot pink with green hair, yellow eyes, and a title yellow pineapple with speed lines as his symbol.  His shirt is orange with a yellow floral pattern.

Squall Line is light blue with dark purple hair, pink eyes, and a white thunderhead symbol for his symbol.  His shirt is pink with a blue floral pattern.

I remember some of these boys from your excellent story. It'd be awesome to see them brought to life!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 01:14:36 PM »
Yeah.  I made the Mountain Boys unicorns (Sunburst having healing magic and rest having elemental magic based on their names and symbols) and created these "Island Boys" so there were stallions of all three kinds.

Offline ponytales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 03:39:43 PM »
I love nature - could be because I'm an Earth sign  ;)

Growing up, I used to love exploring the woods and fields where I used to live. I'd sit under & climb trees, listen to the birds and just daydream. So I would have loved some G1's based on woods, forest's and trees. The colours would have been beautiful.

I think one based on a Willow Tree would be lovely. Her name would, of course, be Willow  :P

I wish I had the skill to create customs!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:48:45 PM by ponytales »
Currently seeking Italian Blue Lickety Split :inlove:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal