collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scam? Seller sent me an empty box :( Update Last Page  (Read 4565 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Scam? Seller sent me an empty box :(
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 07:35:09 AM »
But a return? That doesn't make sense either since what would you be returning? Air?

Did you get on the phone with eBay customer service?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 07:53:07 AM »
If you can't get through to the seller, just file "Item Significantly Not as Described".   If eBay insists on "a return", wait for them to give you a return label and send back the empty box.  It may seem silly--and it is--but after that eBay will refund your money.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 08:08:33 AM »
If you can't get through to the seller, just file "Item Significantly Not as Described".   If eBay insists on "a return", wait for them to give you a return label and send back the empty box.  It may seem silly--and it is--but after that eBay will refund your money.

That is a bad idea. The seller will then claim YOU sent the empty  box. In this case, you need to be on the phone to ebay. Tell them what happened, and ask for advice. I once accepted a return, and asked ebay 'what do I do if they send back an empty box or the item is broken in transit?'  The ebay rep said I then have to call ebay directly and 'open a claim' that way.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 08:20:17 AM »

That is a bad idea. The seller will then claim YOU sent the empty  box. In this case, you need to be on the phone to ebay. Tell them what happened, and ask for advice. I once accepted a return, and asked ebay 'what do I do if they send back an empty box or the item is broken in transit?'  The ebay rep said I then have to call ebay directly and 'open a claim' that way.

Even when a buyer actually does send back an empty box, eBay will side with the buyer.  It's a really common scam.

However, I do hope you are able to communicate with the seller instead, OP.  Given that they have 100% positive feedback, it's probably an honest mistake.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:25:26 AM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 09:12:10 AM »

This was my biggest concern. I did call ebay and they told me they would start a refund return request.  The seller has three days to respond to this and take a return and give me a refund.  I did tell ebay there was nothing in the box and they have written that on the request to refund: Item not as described.  Item not inside box."  I would have to return the empty box, but I have already contacted ebay about it so they would know.  The thing is yes the seller can claim they sent it and I am not being honest, but the fact they are not responding to anything certainly doesn't look great.  However, even though they have lots of items up for sale maybe they are out of town.  I am really hoping they are not ignoring this situation.
The fact that the empty box I got is too small for the item that was to be shipped is so suspicious to me, I do feel that this could be the perfect scam, but I guess that is why I have to say the item isn't as described.  "Yea sure its not there so that means it is invisible and that is not what I bought." shakes head  Really we need something better in cases like this. I don't know how one could stop this kind of thing from happening or prove/disprove it either, but one thing is for sure-some new policies would be helpful. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:14:21 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 10:11:45 AM »
It would actually be a really foolish scam for a seller to try.  eBay almost always sides with the buyer if the buyer is unhappy with their item.  Even if, for example, the seller sells a pony with a haircut, takes pictures of the haircut, and says "This pony has a haircut", if the buyer then filed SNAD, eBay would likely still side with the buyer.

Basically, eBay wants to keep buyers happy and buying no matter what.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 10:19:10 AM »
Well, I feel bad for sellers that are scammed this way, but honestly I really hope I get a refund.  It will be a while since its 3 business days. I hope they contact me and say something like, "I should never have let my child help me pack boxes.  She/He messed everything up.  I have your item and I will ship it to you today free here is the tracking number."  I would much rather it end that way than me having to get a refund from ebay.  I do need something though because, I am not into invisible doll collecting even if it does cut down on dust.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 03:38:03 PM »
I am not into invisible doll collecting even if it does cut down on dust.

I realize this is NOT a funny situation but that phrase has me in giggles.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 07:07:17 PM »
I got a refund today.  Seller feels the item was stolen.    I am never going to know what happened in this situation, but at least I have my money back to look for another doll like that one.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 07:11:27 PM »
I got a refund today.  Seller feels the item was stolen.    I am never going to know what happened in this situation, but at least I have my money back to look for another doll like that one.

Good that you got a refund with no argument. Send the seller photos of the box, find out if it is the same box they sent. (Christmas 2015, I sold three items to someone, it arrived completely repackaged in a different box with one of the three items gone). You mentioned the box was too small to hold the doll, so simple theft still doesn't make sense.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 02:34:03 AM »

Glad it was a quick resolution. :/

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 07:49:19 AM »
Yes that was part of our agreement.  I sent them photos of the box and then it occurred to me. They used a wine box. I wonder if possibly the fact that it was heavy and a wine box may have been a reason it was stolen.  I guess I am still searching for some explanation which I am never going to get.  I have agreed to keep the box should the post office want it since it involves theft.

I guess if the thief stole the doll thinking it was a bottle of wine boy were they going to be seriously disappointed.  About the only thing they are going to get out of my precious antique doll is fermented kapok stuffing from the body.  Or better yet perhaps the doll was haunted and will completely tear up their apartment while they are at work.

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2016, 07:56:14 AM »
Glad you got a refund Hun xxx

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2016, 09:06:49 AM »
I do need something though because, I am not into invisible doll collecting even if it does cut down on dust.

:lmao:

I'm glad you got the refund without any fuss from the seller!

About the wine box--I once got a bunch for free from a grocery store, but when I tried to ship one of them the postal worker told me they couldn't accept it because of the box.  Even though there obviously wasn't any alcohol in it anymore and I'd taped over the company logos.  I had to go home and sneakily cover the entire box in brown paper to get them to accept it. 

Maybe the USPS started to repack it and lost the doll somehow?

The thing is, if it was a regular thief then why would they bother doing up a new box and sending it to you?

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2016, 03:42:58 AM »
What a frustrating situation! :(  I'm happy that you got your refund though  :hug:
. I do wonder if the box it was shipped in really did have anything to do with it.....  :wonder: 

I am not into invisible doll collecting even if it does cut down on dust.

I realize this is NOT a funny situation but that phrase has me in giggles.

same here!! :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:   :blush:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal