collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay seller ripped me off (non pony related)  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay seller ripped me off (non pony related)
« on: May 16, 2016, 01:29:29 PM »
Last month I ordered a Triple Goddess ring off ebay. I had been wanting on for over a year, and finally found one in a style I liked. I was a little worried about their feedback, as it was 97% positive, and usually I dont go under 99%. But the negative feedback they had was due to slow shipping and not their product quality, so I chanced it. Big mistake. The ring took almost a month to be shipped. I understand that its a custom made item, but this was a very long time I thought. Once they shipped it the tracking number was either entered in wrong or was fake because it didnt work.
Finally receive the item today. The ring looks barely anything like the once pictured. The one pictured had a lot of detail to it, and looked like a very good quality. The one I received looks like a very cheap knockoff. Hardly any detail, the band is way thicker than the ring pictured, and having worked in a jewelry store and having made jewelry in the past, this does not look like sterling silver like it says in the description. It looks and feels like some find of base metal. I was kind of crushed by this actually, I was looking so forward to finally having the ring I wanted.
After doing some research, I also found that the picture they are using for the ring was stolen from a website that sells the ring pictured.
This is mainly a rant right now. I contacted the seller. I kept it civil,but let them know I was not happy and wanted to return the ring for a full refund. I attached pictures of the ring I received to the request as well.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay seller ripped me off (non pony related)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 04:16:44 PM »
I think sometimes if it seems too good to be true... it probably is.

A lot of Chinese recasters use photos stolen from the original company/artist to sell their recasts/copies.

Offline chaosprincess

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 04:28:37 PM »
I am sorry to hear you were ripped off its sad that people have to rip off others to try and make money, but I know how you feel I bought Truly from another store seller said she was in excellent condition with some small flocking loss did not bother me I was excited to get her, but once I received her she seemed fine until I noticed some brown spots on her neck I noticed her head can come off so I removed it to find that the inside of her body and head was completely covered in rust she is a white pony no white could be seen inside of her body the tail wash completely rusted the tail had hardened rust balls stuck inside it and the mane also had rust so I had to spend money to clean her up so I know how you feel its very frustrating to be lied to by a seller that you trust will give you a good quality product like the picture and description of the product says I do hope you get your ring that you've been searching for.

Offline Cassie85

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 05:25:07 PM »

A lot of Chinese recasters use photos stolen from the original company/artist to sell their recasts/copies.

I'm a little surprised that this seller is actually located in Texas. I did alert the website that sells the actual ring that someone was using their photo. They emailed back asking for pictures of the ring I got, along with a link to the listing on ebay.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 05:48:46 PM »

I'm a little surprised that this seller is actually located in Texas. I did alert the website that sells the actual ring that someone was using their photo. They emailed back asking for pictures of the ring I got, along with a link to the listing on ebay.

That is surprising. They could REALLY get in a lot of trouble for stealing the design and photos if that is the case.  Good for you for notifying the actual owner of the design.  I bet they're ticked...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:53 AM »
It could also be a Chinese seller who sends their items to someone in Texas, so the products are "technically" coming from Texas.  It seems very suspicious to me that it took a month for them to send the item, when it was just a poorly made knock off.  To me, that suggests that international shipping was in play.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 05:21:43 AM »
I don't think there is much for me to add TBH as you've done everything right in reporting this and contacting the fake ring seller and the real ring seller too. You handled it all really well  :bigups:  :hug: 
 I'd be really disappointed too - especially after that long wait :( 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Cassie85

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »
Thanks guys for the support!
Luckily, they agreed to refund me. I shipped the ring back today with a tracking number.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal