collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it at all possible to get a refund if you've paid Paypal Friends and Family?  (Read 735 times)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
To any paypal experts out there or anyone who has managed to achieve this.

Is it at all possible for one to have a refund through paypal if you have paid through Friends and Family? 

This is in relation to this thread : http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378822.0.html

I care alot about the members on my group and I do find it hard to swallow that those who have sent a gifted payment to this seller will get nothing back.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
This payment option is as a gift and offers no protection which is why you are never to send payment this way.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Sadly no, it is not.  Hence why it's highly recommended to NOT use the Friends & Family option when making payments for online transactions...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Did the seller request that you send payment that way, to avoid fees? If so, then I would call paypal, and explain what happened to them. Tell them you met the seller on facebook, that you purchased items, that the seller told you to send it as a gift, and then absconded with everyone's money (I am assuming that is what happened).

If so, then hopefully, they would be able to refund anyway and take it up with the seller.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hi, no the rules on or FB group as that no sellers ask for gifted payments.  However the seller in question was a trusted and previously good trader so many people thought they'd do her a favor and send a gifted payment. However, now, she was very late on shipping (months in some cases) and people have been getting anxious. I asked to see if there was any way I could help these people.

Now the seller has come back and is shipping and clearing her backlog.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
To my knowledg there is nothing you can do for friends and family option. It's responsibility a seller takes, paying fees. I never send as gifts but do feel for those that have fallen in this.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
You cant usually do anything about it unfortunately as they others have said. Its a shame that a previously good seller got so behind with shipping that her customers have got worried they'll lose their money and their ponies.
Sounds like she is back and trying to make things right though? :what: so hopefully this will all end well   :whew:  ....but I hope also that the kind peeps who thought they were doing a favour by sending  via the gift option will think twice before doing it again in future. Its really not worth the risk

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal