collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
48 (57.1%)
Sun!
36 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 15361 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #495 on: January 03, 2017, 12:35:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm so sorry for my late response, Renia! Thanks to Wonder Trade, I no longer need a Popplio anymore. I'll still happily add you as a friend if you want. :)

The Alolan Pokedex is now 100% complete! This is the first time I've fully completed any Pokedex before. Ten year old me is so proud right now.  *sniffle*

That's fine, we can still be friends on there, and congrats! I've just completed the Pokedex as well for the first time in a while. I'm not sure why, but I didn't care as much to complete the dex in other games. I think I just had an easier time in this game.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login / You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #496 on: January 03, 2017, 09:11:28 AM »
I worked like crazy to complete the XY dex, which is the first I ever did. I'm not overly trying with this game (I am partway through, long story as to why) but it doesn't seem too difficult.

I have Moon, because my friend decided he wanted Sun because of the legendary on the front. He's been ill, though, and ultimately we haven't been able to play the game together, which has been a shame. We agreed to play it separately but it's sad not having someone to share stuff with and I don't want to spoiler him now he's recovering and will be playing it again, hopefully, sometime.

I quite like the format of this game, though. I prefer trials to gyms so far, I think. And I keep spending a good deal of time in an area raising different pokemon and experimenting with them rather than automatically pushing forward, so maybe that's why my dex is going quite well.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks to Nence for Wistful Taffeta!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login|You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline CakePop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
« Reply #497 on: January 03, 2017, 11:24:38 AM »
I'm slowly building up my Pokedex too. The online GTS feature makes it a lot easier- I think they added it in X&Y, but I never got into building my dex in that game. Running around on Tauros also makes it easier to breed Pokemon as well. Sorry to hear your friend hasn't gotten to play with you yet Taffeta.

Also, within my first hour of playing the game, I found a shiny Yungoos while I was trying to find a Pichu!!  :blink: It was kind of a stroke of really bad good luck. I haven't been able to find another shiny so far since. Does anyone else have unlucky luck like this?

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • http://sd-dreamcrystal.deviantart.com/
« Reply #498 on: January 04, 2017, 04:30:19 AM »
I'm slowly working on my dex as well and doing some island scans for 6 previous gen starters :3
I'm not GTS'ing that much for the actual Alolan pokemon but I will for the regular pokemon that you can get from the previous games... if I don't decide to grab some of them from pokebank first when it's available for Sun/Moon

Post Merge: January 04, 2017, 04:33:00 AM

I'm slowly building up my Pokedex too. The online GTS feature makes it a lot easier- I think they added it in X&Y, but I never got into building my dex in that game. Running around on Tauros also makes it easier to breed Pokemon as well. Sorry to hear your friend hasn't gotten to play with you yet Taffeta.

Also, within my first hour of playing the game, I found a shiny Yungoos while I was trying to find a Pichu!!  :blink: It was kind of a stroke of really bad good luck. I haven't been able to find another shiny so far since. Does anyone else have unlucky luck like this?
I only have two known legit shinies that I have caught. Rockruff (who I evolved) using the SOS method, and Minior who I happen upon while minior color hunting (that was random luck since luckily it didn't use selfdestruct and I had to go an use a higher level pokeball without lowering it's health and hope it was not going to break out XD)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:33:00 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, why not drop by and take a look Guest

Offline Princess Lala

• Cherry Blossom Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #499 on: January 07, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »
Finally playing again after packing most of my stuff!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Omg this game is going to have to entertain me until spring so I will be much more active on this thread shiny hunting! :P  Ive been saving money not going out shopping or eating, just ramen and Moon version now. Hubby is STILL missin a slowking so im gonna get him that slowking so we can shiny hunt together! I just made it to the Elite four, so far i have no fainted Pokémon and im on trainer 3. I heard they were tough but I dont see how. Cant wait to see who the champion is!!!!!!

IG: @prettypinkguardian

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #500 on: January 07, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »
I have Sun and I'm on the 3rd island. I like the trials vs the gyms as well. It gives the game a bit of variety. The missions in the festival plaza have been fun too especially some of the goofier ones. I'm not worrying too much about filling the Dex because I got all but Hoopa for X/Y and figure I could probably transfer anything I can't find.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #501 on: January 07, 2017, 07:03:21 PM »
I keep missing my Friday Island scans orz
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, why not drop by and take a look Guest

Offline Leave a WhisperTopic starter

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #502 on: January 08, 2017, 06:15:00 AM »
DD just got Pokemon Sun. OMGS dude! The trainer has this blank, soulless stare. Then she went and stole Youngster Jimmy's soul, cuz we watched his little face contort at the end of the battle and his bright blue eyes go gray. Gamefreak! What were you thinking with that character model? She's only blinked once.  :snicker:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #503 on: January 11, 2017, 12:52:11 AM »
I kind of with they added a bit more personality to the player models.. or have a set of personalities for a player to select... but nope that would be too much customization XD

• Reverse Gusty Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #504 on: January 11, 2017, 01:08:06 AM »
I kind of with they added a bit more personality to the player models.. or have a set of personalities for a player to select... but nope that would be too much customization XD

lol someone compared this trainer  to villager from animal crossing. vapid, dopey smile and blank psycho eyes....I can't say they're wrong' XD

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #505 on: January 11, 2017, 03:35:05 AM »

lol someone compared this trainer  to villager from animal crossing. vapid, dopey smile and blank psycho eyes....I can't say they're wrong' XD
The most expressions I've seen out of mine... the first encounter with the UBs and getting into the hall of fame XD

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
« Reply #506 on: January 11, 2017, 04:48:53 PM »

I'm surprised we were even given the option to choose different responses to things that other characters say. :lol: But I agree, more expressions for the player character would've been nice.

But hey, I'm still thrilled that we can choose the skin color of our character. That's a really huge deal for me and I'm glad it's something that's sticking around.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login / You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Princess Lala

• Cherry Blossom Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #507 on: January 12, 2017, 08:44:09 AM »
I FOUND A SHINY BAGON JUST NOW!!!!!! :freak: Let me take pictures of him!!!!!! Gaaaaaah!!!! He is green!!!!!!! So happy about my first shiny find omg! I was trying to encounter the wild salamence but this is way better!

Here is the same collage I made on my IG, I recorded me capturing him too!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:27:21 AM by Princess Lala »

IG: @prettypinkguardian

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #508 on: January 12, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »
I'm in Diglett Tunnel now, slowly making progress here. First and foremost, did anyone else burst out laughing during fire trial?

I've noticed the lack expression too during the grass trial. I think the trainer was just a little too calm given the situation. :lol: I totally agree about the skin colour options too. It's so nice we get some options, and more importantly, characters throughout the game are also PoC too.

I'm excited to have access to Poke Pelago now, though now I regret not catching everything in sight. Got to fill my boxes! It's so neat to actually see the Pokemon who get lost in your box have some kind of purpose.

My Cutiefly evolved, I love Ribombee! I also added Salandit on my team, another Pokemon I am loving, the type is so unique and I love the design, especially how the back ignites when attacking. So tempted to add Wimpod or Dewpider (this one I got through Wondertrade, so I don't even think I should have it yet) to my team too.  I think I'm going to have to replay the game again just to try out all these other Pokemon I'm interested in.

And, since I'm singing it's praises, one thing I'm not too fond of is how they limited fishing to designated spots. I liked dropping my lure anywhere I found a new patch of water.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login      You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login     You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Reverse Gusty Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #509 on: January 12, 2017, 04:49:47 PM »
Ohhh Shiny Bagon is soo cuuute!!! :yippee: