collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65268 times)

Shugahime

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 Team Sun or Team Moon?
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2016, 07:39:28 PM »
Team Moon! Team Moon! xD I will probably pick Litten as my starter, and can't wait. I hope we get more Zygarde, and perhaps a Shiny Zygarde event.
I also wonder what other legendaries they might shuffle into it?
My gf, as my opposite is ALL Team Sun. Hehe.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2016, 07:46:21 PM »
MOON! Husband is getting Sun version, he most likely will choose the cat and I really like the seal! I love the Moon mascot, that giant bat is so cool!

I'm kind a glad the mascots are new Pokemon, everyone on reddit swore it was going to be mega lugia and mega ho-oh...while I'm a hard core johto fan I'm tired of mega forms. I'm excited this is taking place on a tropical island! It MAY be my second favorite region!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 07:50:52 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2016, 07:51:44 PM »
Daughter is choosing Sun. She loves the lion. Doesn't love the starters and wants to wait and see their evolutions before she decides,  but seems very  interested in Poplio.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2016, 10:24:54 PM »
My daughter will probably either choose Litten or Poplio. I can't wait to show her the trailer when she comes home. She's so hyped for this!

Lol my daughter is too! Shes 12 now and this week shes on a class trip until friday... IF she knew, shes walk straight home to see the trailer XD She´d bring her friend/classmate too I guess, hes a pokemon-fan too <3

Hee hee, they're the same age.

Oh thats nice :) (hehe they are pretty cute at that age, arent they?<3)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2016, 10:34:54 PM »
I think I'm going with Sun...mostly because I want to name the big lion Mufasa  :lol:

My Pyroar is Mufasa!

My female Litleo is Nala and my male is Simba.  I haven't played them enough to evolve them yet.  But since Mufasa dies and leads Simba from the stars, I think it's appropriate to name the legendary Mufasa and keep the Pyroars as Simba and Nala  :lol:
I'm still deciding if I want to play through once with the goal of having an entire set of Pokemon named after Disney Characters.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2016, 02:01:37 AM »
Oooh, it's a tough choice for me! I'm always a sucker for anything lion-related, and the Sun legendary is gorgeous... but the Moon one is really nice as well! So I guess I will wait to see what the version differences between the two games will be before I pick one or the other...

As far as the starters go: they are adorable! I have to wait and see what their final evolutions will be, but right now my favourite is that cutie owl ^.^

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2016, 06:43:04 AM »
I was team Moon when it was first announced, but I'm just not feeling the giant bat :/ I had been expecting something much more.... elegant, I suppose is the right word? To be honest, I expected something more in line with the giant Sun lion. That thing is amazing looking imo. It also reminds me a lot of Johto's three legendary cats/dogs. So I'm going to be on the fence until we find out some more version exclusive details.

As for starters, I am going to be crazy and pick both the grass owl and the fire kitten! XD This is the first gen where I actually haven't been able to settle, so since my fiance is getting which ever version I don't, I'll just borrow his game to pick up the second starter. Though does anyone watch Miraculous Ladybug? The fire kitten reminds me a lot of Plagg for some reason.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2016, 08:22:40 AM »
MOON! Husband is getting Sun version, he most likely will choose the cat and I really like the seal! I love the Moon mascot, that giant bat is so cool!

This is exactly the same with my and my husband! He said he doesn't really like any of the starters, but the angry face that Litten has kinda won him over. :lol:

I've been seeing so much hate for Popplio and it makes me sad. I've seen comments like "We already have a bunch of seal Pokemon!" but then they say that their favorite new starter is the kitten. Ahem...how many feline Pokemon do we have in relation to seal Pokemon? Oh man, the hypocrisy is real. :lmao: I don't care what anyone says, Popplio is adorable, goofy looking, and is just downright adorable! So is Rowlet, really. Litten is the only one that hasn't grown on me, but I know it has to do with the fact that we really do have so many cat-like Pokemon already. My hope is that it evolves into a bad ass tiger...then I'll like it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:04:38 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2016, 08:55:30 AM »
Renia - And for serious, Litten is just the domesticated version of Litleo anyway.  ;)  I bet he does turn into a tiger, or some sort of mountain lion. 

I'm not fond of Popplio because he reminds me of this creepy clown/circus music box my grandmother gave me when I was very small, but that's really more my problem than the design team's.  XD  I like Rowlett but I never choose grass.  I've been lucky that the last couple of Fire types have been pretty awesome. But if this one turns out to be another Fire/Fighting, so help me... 

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2016, 09:04:21 AM »
It is! I was still sleepy yesterday morning when I started seeing all of the pictures of the new starters, and when I first saw Litten, I read it wrong and I was like "Litleo? What?" :lol: I do admit to liking its expression, though.

The last time I picked a Fire-type starter was in gen 5, but I really don't like Emboar (Snivy is my favorite starter from that gen, I think Serperior is amazing). Tepig was so cute, though! Cyndaquil was the last Fire starter I ever really liked. Since then I've been going with grass types. Gen 6 was probably the first gen where I liked all 3 of the starters. Depending on their final stages, I could very well end up feeling the same way about the gen 7 starters, too. So I look forward to more info on them!

Haha, oh man, I can understand why you don't like Popplio then!
Instagram / Want List

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2016, 09:06:25 AM »
I was all for Pokemon Sun the moment they announced the titles. Because, y'know, Stomper is all about sunshine. :sunny:

I'll probably pick the fire starter as I usually lean toward fire starters, and after that, grass starters. It would be neat if he looks like a mountain lion, like Skeen is saying, when he evolves. 
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2016, 10:10:19 AM »
Quick question regarding the idea of the Peacock Pokemon, isn't Ho-oh a peacock?
Or is it a Phoenix?

Its a Ho oh. Like there's an actual mythical bird called a Ho oh.

That's interesting. I wonder if there is a Lugia based legend as well
I've been playing these games for years and never knew Ho-oh was an actual myth

I made a mistake.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenghuang

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2016, 10:13:31 AM »

This is exactly the same with my and my husband! He said he doesn't really like any of the starters, but the angry face that Litten has kinda won him over. :lol:

I've been seeing so much hate for Popplio and it makes me sad. I've seen comments like "We already have a bunch of seal Pokemon!" but then they say that their favorite new starter is the kitten. Ahem...how many feline Pokemon do we have in relation to seal Pokemon? Oh man, the hypocrisy is real. :lmao: I don't care what anyone says, Popplio is adorable, goofy looking, and is just downright adorable! So is Rowlet, really. Litten is the only one that hasn't grown on me, but I know it has to do with the fact that we really do have so many cat-like Pokemon already. My hope is that it evolves into a bad ass tiger...then I'll like it.

I love Popplio! Why so much hate haha.
Litten is the only one I'm just not sure about.

Hmm all this talk about always choosing certain starters is making me want to go back and trace all the ones I've chosen haha.
Squirtle, Chikorita (big mistake there), Piplup, Fennekin, Cyndaquil (HeartGold), Mudkip.

Hmm its all over the place XD

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2016, 10:16:23 AM »

No kidding. Litten reminds me of way too many cats design wise, that have come before it.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2016, 11:05:00 AM »
Hmm all this talk about always choosing certain starters is making me want to go back and trace all the ones I've chosen haha.
Squirtle, Chikorita (big mistake there), Piplup, Fennekin, Cyndaquil (HeartGold), Mudkip.

Hmm its all over the place XD

I wanted to like Chikorita, but I really don't. It's a shame because I LOVE Cyndaquil and Totodile.

For me, the starters I've chosen in each game would be: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Totodile (Soul Silver), Tepig, Snivy (Black 2), Chespin, Treecko (Alpha Sapphire).

So yeah, kinda all over the place too. As you can see, I skipped the original gen 3 and gen 4. Those games came out during my "I don't like Pokemon anymore" phase. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal