collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 64217 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 Team Sun or Team Moon?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 02:31:42 PM »
*hugs a giant Blaziken plush* It's okay Blaziken, I still love you!  xD

Aww. It makes me kinda sad some of you guys dont care for Blaziken too much, but I can totally understand why. :). I adore Blaziken, and it's actually my favorite Fire starter line. I loved the fact that instead of a flying bird, we got a "butt-kicking bipedal firery chicken warrior". I may be a bit biased, because when I started Sapphire back in the day, my Torchic was a female from the get-go. I was so excited and happy! At the time I didnt know how rare that was, but it sure made trading for Pokemon easier since I had one. xD

Now, for dissapointing Starter, for me? That would be Snivy, followed in part by "Sceptile"(? - I love Treeko and Grovyle's look, but not a fan of the final form.)

And the more I look at Rowlett, the more I find it cute, so now I cant decide between that or Litten...unless I do that whole "get one starer, put it in PokeBank, reset the game, choose the other starter, and transfer back the first one so I can have both from the get-go." xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 02:41:42 PM »
*hugs a giant Blaziken plush* It's okay Blaziken, I still love you!  xD

Aww. It makes me kinda sad some of you guys dont care for Blaziken too much, but I can totally understand why. :). I adore Blaziken, and it's actually my favorite Fire starter line. I loved the fact that instead of a flying bird, we got a "butt-kicking bipedal firery chicken warrior". I may be a bit biased, because when I started Sapphire back in the day, my Torchic was a female from the get-go. I was so excited and happy! At the time I didnt know how rare that was, but it sure made trading for Pokemon easier since I had one. xD

Now, for dissapointing Starter, for me? That would be Snivy, followed in part by "Sceptile"(? - I love Treeko and Grovyle's look, but not a fan of the final form.)

And the more I look at Rowlett, the more I find it cute, so now I cant decide between that or Litten...unless I do that whole "get one starer, put it in PokeBank, reset the game, choose the other starter, and transfer back the first one so I can have both from the get-go." xD

I DO like Blaziken, and I didn't hesitate for a second to choose Torchic as my starter and fully evolve him. Flying, or more specifically, bird Pokemon are my favourite so I just felt cheated. Haha. It's kind of like how people feel about Dragonair vs Dragonite.

I agree with the Sceptile thing though, not as inclined to evolve Grovyle; I still don't have ORAS but mega Sceptile does look really neat though. Snivy and it's evolutions didn't bother me but I'm still not crazy about Samurott, similar situation to Blaziken, like it on it's own, but what happened to my cute little otter?

Rowlett turns it's head to stare at you in battle how can you NOT find that adorable.  :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »
My daughter will probably either choose Litten or Poplio. I can't wait to show her the trailer when she comes home. She's so hyped for this!

Lol my daughter is too! Shes 12 now and this week shes on a class trip until friday... IF she knew, shes walk straight home to see the trailer XD She´d bring her friend/classmate too I guess, hes a pokemon-fan too <3

Hee hee, they're the same age.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 03:38:19 PM »
Quick question regarding the idea of the Peacock Pokemon, isn't Ho-oh a peacock?
Or is it a Phoenix?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:58:35 AM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 03:39:34 PM »
Quick question regarding the idea of the Peacock Pokemon, isn't Ho-oh a peacock?
Or is it a Phoenix?

Its a Ho oh. Like there's an actual mythical bird called a Ho oh.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 03:46:44 PM »
Oooh, I don't know which one I want! Both legendaries look pretty cool. :) The starters are pretty weird looking, but I'd probably go with the fire starter. I agree with sugar_sprinkles -- if it ends up being fire/dark that would be awesome!

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2016, 03:47:13 PM »
Looks awesome so far!  Also yay for November release, I was thinking it would be next year before it came out, for some reason!  This can fill my time until EA releases Mass Effect: Andromeda, LOL.

I typically go fire for my starter but they are all super cute this time.  What's going to make it or break it for me is the evolutions.

Based on the mascots it's going to be hard to choose which one.  The lion is pretty but the bat thing is so weird it's cool...

PS - I too like Blaziken *hides*.  The only ones I don't really care for are Snivy's line and Treecko's line...

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »
I typically go fire for my starter but they are all super cute this time.  What's going to make it or break it for me is the evolutions.
That's usually the case for me, too. I hate it when my pokemon evolve into something stupid looking!

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2016, 04:56:03 PM »
Or is it a Phoenix?

That's interesting. I wonder if there is a Lugia based legend as well
I've been playing these games for years and never knew Ho-oh was an actual myth

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:57:49 AM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2016, 05:41:02 PM »
Or is it a Phoenix?

That's interesting. I wonder if there is a Lugia based legend as well
I've been playing these games for years and never knew Ho-oh was an actual myth
The one mythology theory surrounding Lugia is that it's based on the Shinto god of the sea, Ryujin, who lives at the bottom of the sea in a palace of red and white coral. Shiny Lugia is red and white.

Duster reference]

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2016, 06:40:21 PM »
I'm 90% sure I'll be going with Moon; I like that legendary a lot better. I might change my mind if there's a version-exclusive in Sun that I can't live without, though. XD

Also 90% sure I'll be choosing Litten as my starter. I REALLY hope it evolves into something besides a Fire/Fighting combo, though. I'm hoping it'll be Fire/Dark, personally.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2016, 06:54:11 PM »
That's usually the case for me, too. I hate it when my pokemon evolve into something stupid looking!

*cough tepig cough*

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »
I was initially going to pick moon just based on the name, because I've always been partial to the moon as far as celestial bodies go. but I much prefer the sun legendary - can't resist cat pokemon! For the same reason I'll probably be starting with Litten, it's personality writeup appeals to me also. But Rowlet is super cute too! I'll just have to get both sun and moon to end my conflicted opinions :P

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Nebula Light

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2016, 07:31:58 PM »
I was awe-struck at Moon's pokemon design, I think it is stunning and different. Sun mascot looks cool, but I want to know more about the Moon one!

I'm a huge sucker for cats, and Litten answers my prayers for a cat starter, but Rowlet, oh gosh!! Owls are another weakness, it is hard to decide, but nothing can top my love for kitties!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2016, 07:33:22 PM »
I read a comment that someone thought Litten looked sort of like a tiger. If that's what they are going for and it ends up being a quadruped one, that would be the edge I need to love it.  :lol: We need a tiger that isn't a striped dog, as much as I adore Growlithe/Arcanine.

*cough tepig cough*

*respectively disagrees*  ;)
But yes. I can't like any of the Kalos starters because all their evolved forms look terrible. I really, really hope these three don't fall into the same trap.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal