collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 64213 times)

Offline Melodia

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Eurobeat Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 Team Sun or Team Moon?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 09:32:54 AM »
Sun!!! and oooomg  little fire kitty!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 09:35:22 AM »
I'll get Sun because I always get the 'first' version, and I'll pick the water starter because I always pick the water starter. Aren't I so non-boring?  :lol:

The owl grass starter is actually my favorite of the three. It's adorable! I hope its evolutions don't completely ruin it like Torchic... That's probably an unpopular opinion.

I love the fact that the series is officially moving further and further away from 2.5D graphics.

I'm not super excited for the region, though. The tropical theme just doesn't' do anything for me. After Kalos, I was hoping we might see some more European locales. Even if not, a region that is entirely tropical is just boring, IMO.

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 09:37:42 AM »
My daughter will probably either choose Litten or Poplio. I can't wait to show her the trailer when she comes home. She's so hyped for this!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 09:53:28 AM »
Finally! A cat starter! Here's to hoping it won't suck like most cat Pokemon! I'm going with Sun, because the box art informs me there is at least 50% more cat in it.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »
Fire starter for sure, but both legends are so cool I can't choose between them. I'm going to let the version exclusive decide for me.

Duster reference]

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 10:24:44 AM »
I wasn't going to get either but my god, they made the fire starter a cat.  I ALWAYS pick the fire starter and whatever cats they include.  Also, Moon, even though I like the Sun legendary. 

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 10:32:33 AM »
I am so getting Moon and the Fire starter. I have always started with Fire. I hope it turns into Fire Dark that would be cool.

I was getting a Halloween Black Cat vibe from it, I hope it's dark/fire too!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:59:38 AM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 10:46:35 AM »
So far it's Moon and fire Kitty for me, but that can easily change later on. xD I am not fully sold on the starters like I was with past gens.

I do hope that the water starter's final form looks either amazing or gorgeous.

And I want a NEW Dragon/Fairy pokemon. xD (iirc, MegaAltaria was Dragon/Fairy, right?)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 11:02:39 AM »
My daughter will probably either choose Litten or Poplio. I can't wait to show her the trailer when she comes home. She's so hyped for this!

Lol my daughter is too! Shes 12 now and this week shes on a class trip until friday... IF she knew, shes walk straight home to see the trailer XD She´d bring her friend/classmate too I guess, hes a pokemon-fan too <3

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 11:26:02 AM »
I don't really care for the look of the moon legendary, so I'll go with sun.

I'm very torn on the starters mainly cause of their designs.. The grass type starter has a great design, but the other two are ehh. I'm going to wait to see what their evolution are before I decide.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 01:05:14 PM »
I think I'm going with Sun...mostly because I want to name the big lion Mufasa  :lol:

My Pyroar is Mufasa!

Definitely Moon for me.

I'm leaning towards the water started, although none of them impress me. But now that we've gotten those out of the way, I want to see more of the common Pokémon. I'm really hoping for a dolphin and a peacock Pokémon! Seriously, there are so many animals that have been left untouched. :(

Ooooooo, I'd like those. I'd love a narwhal Pokemon!

im not sure.  I need more info on version exclusives first.

Im leaning towards sun because lion but that's not set in stone.

I was leaning towards Moon because of the whole Sailor Moon/Princess Luna connection. But I'm really liking Sun's legendary. I need more info before I can decide.

sailorstitch
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:12:25 PM by sailorstitch »

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 01:09:57 PM »
I'll get Sun because I always get the 'first' version, and I'll pick the water starter because I always pick the water starter. Aren't I so non-boring?  :lol:

The owl grass starter is actually my favorite of the three. It's adorable! I hope its evolutions don't completely ruin it like Torchic... That's probably an unpopular opinion.

I love the fact that the series is officially moving further and further away from 2.5D graphics.

I'm not super excited for the region, though. The tropical theme just doesn't' do anything for me. After Kalos, I was hoping we might see some more European locales. Even if not, a region that is entirely tropical is just boring, IMO.

Torchic to Blaziken is like the worst thing that could ever happen, you're not alone XD

I am 100% team moon!! I think I want Rowlet because, owl! But Pipplio is also super cute! I always choose whoever looks cutest so we'll see what their final evolutions are!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
I just realized the games are being released on Mickey Mouse's birthday!

sailorstitch

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 01:59:18 PM »

Torchic to Blaziken is like the worst thing that could ever happen, you're not alone XD

Thirded. I can appreciate Blaziken on it's own, but Torchic got me hyped for an awesome fire/flying starter, not some anthro fighting type. -_- I'm kind of afraid to see the evolutions based on the Kalos starters, honestly. I'd love an awesome looking grass type bird though so fingers crossed.

My second favourite is the water starter, something about it screams Oshawott, maybe the big nose? As much as I want to love the fire starter, it just doesn't scream cat to me. It may grow on me as I see more though, Pignite went from being the ugliest middle stage starter to my favourite Pokemon after all. Lol.

I was kind of thinking that the region would be connected to Kalos somehow (like Kanto and Johto in gen 2) since they skipped Z version--and I'm sure almost everyone would be on board for a second region again. Oh well. I wonder if it's going to be another Hoenn with lots of water routes and water Pokemon. Or more wishful thinking, lots and LOTS of bird Pokemon; I want to see a new rainbow parrot and second the peacock.

I base my game on the version exclusives/differences (if applicable), so it's way too early for me to pick which game I'm going to get.

Now to avoid this thread until November.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 02:02:27 PM »
I was originally going to go with Moon but looks like Sun's mascot grew on me!
I don't like Moon's anyway.

Starter wise...I'm very torn between Litten and Rowlet. Part of me likes traditional cat/dog/fox-like Pokemon, the other just ADORES owls and Rowlet looks like a lil dapper barn owl!
Ugh! Decisions are hard!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal