collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tear in a dress  (Read 1647 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Tear in a dress
« on: May 09, 2016, 11:51:48 PM »
I just bought a flower girl dress for my niece off ebay. It was listed at 15$ with a description of  "wore once"
 I made an offer cuz the option was available,. We came to a compromise etc.
Well i got the dress and there is a huge trar in the crinoline. No way i know of to fix that. I sew so other things i could fix etc. I messaged them.and realistic  for the price of the dress its still a good deal. I just feel ilke a tear over a foot long should at least be mentioned when selling something. I was polite, but its still upsetting.  I didn't demand refund. Just stated that it wasn't mentioned  and i have no way of fixing it....

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tear in a dress
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 04:15:17 AM »
If you have no way of fixing it, are you going to be using the fabric or anything in the future?  If not then I would be asking for a refund.  No point in spending $15 on something you have no use for, and the seller should have mentioned it on the auction/sales post. Neglecting to do so is very dishonest.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 05:24:47 AM »
If you have no way of fixing it, are you going to be using the fabric or anything in the future?  If not then I would be asking for a refund.  No point in spending $15 on something you have no use for, and the seller should have mentioned it on the auction/sales post.

This :nod:  very disappointing. The seller should really have checked the dress thoroughly before listing and an obvious flaw like that needed to be mentioned. If you and the seller can arrange a return/refund then that would be best if you cant do anything with the dress. If it came to having to open a case then ebay would side with you but better to work it  out with the seller if possible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 05:32:50 AM »
I agree that it should have been mentioned, you are justified to return.  You deserve to get a good item in good described condition regardless of what you paid.

Just in case though: I have repaired this kind of damage on dresses as well as, ballet outfits by using clear thread on a sewing machine. If it doesn't show when the dress is on you can reinforce the tear by sewing it up with a small stitch and that clear thread.  Its super easy to do and will get you through your event.  If you don't sew maybe someone you know does.

Its so irritating when sellers don't look at their items before they sell them.  This is the most common damage to used dresses of that type with the crinoline.  If they are long dresses the people who wear them step on the crinoline while dancing or sitting to standing position and walaaaa a rip.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 03:31:13 PM »
thanks for the encouragement. she did get back to me, and said she hadn't seen it. and offered a price adjustment.
well since i delivered it to my sister, (my niece is going to try it on) she discovered another hole and a missing button.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 03:53:51 PM »
What I don't understand is why the seller didn't inspect the dress before selling it. It just seems logical. I think I would request a return for a refund.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 03:21:11 PM »
thanks for the encouragement. she did get back to me, and said she hadn't seen it. and offered a price adjustment.
well since i delivered it to my sister, (my niece is going to try it on) she discovered another hole and a missing button.

Oh good grief. :facepalm:

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 05:44:51 PM »
update. i replied with pictures of the damage.
"Sorry. Had a death in the family this week. These are pictures of the two years and missing button. The button missing and smaller tear were discovered by my sister. We place a color paper behind the larger hole to show the size. I would prefer a price adjustment. As returns can be a hassle for both parties. See the damage, what did you have in mind? The dress went directly from the bag to my niece trying it on."

(for the record, the death was one of dogs, and for those without furry babies, it can be just as jarring as other loved ones, but i chose not to tell her that.)

do you think this sounds ok? the dress fits my niece really well, and although we won't use it for the wedding, she might wear it to the grooms dinner.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 05:59:48 PM »
I definitely think you should send her the pictures and ask for a price adjustment or refund if that is her preference.

I would probably keep out the personal stuff.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 07:13:14 AM »
The pics look good :bigups: I think you already sent the message didn't you? the message is fine too . I personally would have recommended you left the part about the death out (fur babies are important and I understand how upsetting that must be for you of course :hug: ) since people sometimes use excuses to get discounts. We know you aren't like that but an ebay seller who doesn't know you might be wary  :hug:
Did she respond ? :what:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 07:10:53 PM »
Yeah didn't  think about how that  might habve come off as a sympathy thing, iwas just letting them know why it took a while to reply. Good to know for next time.
She  did a reply.  And offer a 50% refund. 7.50.
I remindered her that i hadnt paid her bin price. So she refund half of the offer price, which i am very happy with.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 02:58:26 AM »
:bigups:  thanks for the update  :)  I'm really glad it all worked out ok in the end too :cheer:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal