collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seller MIA?  (Read 961 times)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Seller MIA?
« on: May 09, 2016, 03:33:57 AM »
Earlier in the year I bought a bunch of leaflets from a lovely girl on facebook, Gemma from Gem's Pony Treasure.  (I've bought a pony from her before and everything went smoothly.)  I paid for them in February, they haven't arrived and it's now been nearly 3 months but I haven't heard from her at all in reply to messages.

She said she was selling off nearly all of her collection and I think she had a huge amount of interest and a lot of orders to fill.  I'm not sure what the circumstances were, though when people sell off their collections I always worry for them that everything's okay.  She also posted that she had been quite sick and delayed getting through all the orders, but that was a couple of months ago and she doesn't seem to have been online since early March.

There are a fair few messages on her page from other people saying they haven't received their items either and haven't been able to get in contact with her, though some orders have reached their buyers and they have posted messages letting her know.

I don't know if she's on the Arena or is known to people.  And I hesitate to say anything because she seems like a reputable member of the pony community and I hope that she's doing alright, and that's really more important than a few leaflets in the mail!  Does anyone know if she's still active online, or what the status might be of her sales?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:53:05 AM by daffodil101 »

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
Re: Seller MIA?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 05:47:38 AM »
I think I saw her disappearing and re-appaering quite a lot in one of the FB groups...
It might be worth shooting one of the admins of the 80ies group a pm - rhubarbpie might know some more... I'll poke her for you just in case xx

Edit: Rhubarb Pie said send her a pm as she is at work right now  :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:40:28 AM by salemsparkler »

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 03:09:40 PM »
Hello Daffodil,

I am one of the admins on the My Little pony and other 80's items fb group.  We have had several members now who have purchased from this seller and have been waiting weeks/months for their order.  Gemma was also an admin on the group but due to these issues, the group owner and the admin team decided to revoke her adminship as it seemed as if because she was admin, she was being permitted to go against group rules. 

I still maintain that she is not an intentional scammer and she had (and I hope still has) every intention of shipping. However we (the admin team) are getting frustrated with the current situation.  Gemma has reported a number of issues including ill health, poor internet connection and other domestic issues, but has refused help in clearing her sales. I offered to pick up her ponies and sell them for her but she has declined. We have all sent her messages and emails asking her to get in touch with us, but to no avail.

At this point and with great regret I am now advising anyone still waiting on goods from Gemma to raise a paypal case to get your money back. I am also aware that because of her previous good standing and the fact that she was group admin, she was trusted and many of her buyers have paid Family and Friends on paypal and I can only offer my apologies as its highly unlikely you will get a refund.

I am so sorry to be the bearer of such bad news but sadly, this is the situation as it stands.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 07:20:37 AM »
Thanks for the info salem and Rhubarbpie.  That's sad to hear.  It's not such a big deal for me as for other buyers as in my case it was only a few leaflets, I know she was selling much more valuable items too.  Thanks for letting me know where things stand.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 04:26:58 AM »
Daffodil,

Some news, she has responded to one of the admins posts on her personal FB page. If you can pm me with your fb profile, I can tag you in?

Offline sweetbubbles

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Moondancer Paradise
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 08:22:34 AM »
Hiiiiiiiiiiii Daffodil , I have NEWSSS !!!  you are the last person i am looking for  :biggrin:

I today got photos of reciepts that are posted today and I am looking for someone in australia and got the link to your name can you send me private message so I can know your real first name and I can give you the picture of it  if you have facebook that will be even better then I can send the pic there

pony hugssss

yay finally good news finally its been shipped I am waiting since januari on my things :/
:newpony: Sweetbubbles   :lovey:

My wantlist is here:
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=367105.new#new

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 03:16:34 PM »
Hiiiiiiiiiiii Daffodil , I have NEWSSS !!!  you are the last person i am looking for  :biggrin:

I today got photos of reciepts that are posted today and I am looking for someone in australia and got the link to your name can you send me private message so I can know your real first name and I can give you the picture of it  if you have facebook that will be even better then I can send the pic there

pony hugssss

yay finally good news finally its been shipped I am waiting since januari on my things :/

Thanks Sweetie xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal