collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible Pedigree Sindy find....ID help needed please!  (Read 465 times)

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
Possible Pedigree Sindy find....ID help needed please!
« on: May 05, 2016, 01:44:31 PM »
I know it's a long shot, as Pedigree Sindy isn't a new or current brand by any means  :lol: but a browse round facebook didn't show me any Sindy groups that have any current activity.

Today I found what appears to be a Pedigree Sindy horse in a charity shop. But it is unlike any other horse I have seen, and I was hoping somebody might know if it's original, or customised in some way.

Sadly I haven't got a picture yet. I found this picture via Google.

http://www.oursindymuseum.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=130228234

(It wouldn't let me copy the picture, so I linked to the page it is on)

My horse looks exactly like this, except for being a different colour. It is a caramel brown, with lighter golden hair, has a white stocking on the rear right leg, a dark muzzle and rings round its eyes, a white blaze that goes to pink where it meets the dark patch on the muzzle and - weirdly - blue eyes.

Other than the colouration (which I have never seen on a Sindy horse before, it is exactly like the one in the picture - same pose, the open mouth, the lot. I have a grey version of that horse in my daughter's toybox and have compared the two - they are the same height and neither has any wording engraved or printed on them anywhere.

So - is it a real Sindy horse? I don't know. Some Googling led me to belive that it was an Anna Moore horse, as one of the characters there has a horse of approximately the same colour. But further inveestigation told me that the Anna Moore horses are jointed and poseable, and this one is not.

Help please? Anyone know anything about this horse? I will try to get a picture for tomorrow if I can.
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Pedigree Sindy find....ID help needed please!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 01:53:13 PM »
THIS lady seems to know all about Sindy horses: https://sarahandherstuff.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/did-i-tell-you-im-obsessed-with-sindy-horses/

Does he look like any of those guys?

SHe also has a pinterest page showing all the different Sindy horses. https://www.pinterest.com/sarahldarwin/sindy-horses/

Sounds like there is a decent amount of variety maybe- ?

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
Re: Possible Pedigree Sindy find....ID help needed please!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »
You are a genius  :biggrin: the first picture has 'my' horse in it on right hand side. Thank you!
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal