collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Listed as Mint by Has Small Flaws  (Read 8612 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Listed as Mint by Has Small Flaws
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »
I feel your pain.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 07:56:49 PM »
If it's been a couple days, I would contact the seller again and send a friendly reminder. I didn't think you'd get off easy with this seller. She's obviously making you walk through hoops, hoping you'd forget about it. You may have to end up filing a not as described case if she doesn't follow through.

If I do end up having to open a case, Ebay looks at the correspondence that has been going on between she and I, correct? If they see she's offered a 50% refund for the item not being as described but hasn't followed through, what usually happens? Would they require me to ship the item back?

I sent her the following message just now:

"Hi eaglesfan73,

I just wanted to follow up with you regarding the partial refund's status. I checked my Paypal account and saw that it hasn't come through yet. Thank you again for your time and understanding."

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 05:15:08 AM »
If it's been a couple days, I would contact the seller again and send a friendly reminder. I didn't think you'd get off easy with this seller. She's obviously making you walk through hoops, hoping you'd forget about it. You may have to end up filing a not as described case if she doesn't follow through.

If I do end up having to open a case, Ebay looks at the correspondence that has been going on between she and I, correct? If they see she's offered a 50% refund for the item not being as described but hasn't followed through, what usually happens? Would they require me to ship the item back?

I sent her the following message just now:

"Hi eaglesfan73,

I just wanted to follow up with you regarding the partial refund's status. I checked my Paypal account and saw that it hasn't come through yet. Thank you again for your time and understanding."

Honestly, I'm not sure eBay will look at anything unless you bring it to their attention via a call on the phone. Most likely, if you have to file a case, you're going to have to send the pony back for a full refund. So, she's catching you between a rock and a hard place: Either keep the pony with the flaws and pay the full amount or send it back for the full refund.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 02:41:04 PM »
She wrote this reply last night:

I apologize. Im actually doing chemo treatments and they aren't sitting well with me I was brought to the hospital and I bet my husband forgot to issue it with all the chaos around us.
I will tell him to do it when he comes by in the morning. I am SO sorry for the delay. We will fix this. Thank you for being so great about this.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 04:30:31 AM »
:hug:  I think you're handling this really well :bigups:
I hope she is telling the truth. I'm sorry for her if she really is going through chemo too - its awful and it would be understandable to miss/forget something  :( 
 ....but it can be hard to believe emails like that as too many scammers use horrible real life situations like this one to get away with things. If her story is true then you should be getting your refund soon. Give it a few more days before you send another message about the refund ( other than a message acknowledging this latest one )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 02:22:30 PM »
I hope she is telling the truth. I'm sorry for her if she really is going through chemo too - its awful and it would be understandable to miss/forget something  :( 
 ....but it can be hard to believe emails like that as too many scammers use horrible real life situations like this one to get away with things. If her story is true then you should be getting your refund soon. Give it a few more days before you send another message about the refund ( other than a message acknowledging this latest one )

Okay thanks for the advice. I'll give her some more time before sending another message.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 03:10:58 PM »

Okay thanks for the advice. I'll give her some more time before sending another message.

I honestly think she's trying to play the sympathy card and isn't sick. It seems the chemo hasn't stopped her from continuing to list and ship ponies. Like Ringlets said it's sad when scammers use an excuse like this to play people.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 03:33:00 PM »
She was actively posting ponies for sale in the Facebook group last night. :huh:

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm just ignoring the whole chemo thing; I'm not even going to acknowledge her saying that. I'll message her again tomorrow. This time I'll set a deadline and let her know I'll need to receive the refund within 48 hours or I'll have to open a case. At the end of those forty-eight hours it will have been a week since she promised the partial refund, which I think is more than fair.

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 10:06:53 PM »
Seeing that there has been problems with this seller before I agree with giving her a deadline is fair.
I hope she doesn't give you anymore problems.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 04:41:52 AM »
Yeah, I'm just ignoring the whole chemo thing; I'm not even going to acknowledge her saying that. I'll message her again tomorrow. This time I'll set a deadline and let her know I'll need to receive the refund within 48 hours or I'll have to open a case. At the end of those forty-eight hours it will have been a week since she promised the partial refund, which I think is more than fair.

:bigups: sounds good to me.
 If she is actively listing ponies right now then she is not too sick to give you a refund on time!  :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 03:08:55 PM »
I just sent her the following message:

Hi eaglesfan73,

The partial refund still has not come through. At this point, I'll have to insist that I receive the refund within the next 48 hours or I will have to open a case. By that time, it will have been a week since we initially discussed this matter and I was advised the refund would be sent. I feel a week is ample time to have resolved the matter.

Sincerely,
northstar3184

Post Merge: May 05, 2016, 03:29:23 PM

Well that got quick results. She messaged me back saying she called her husband at work and now the refund shows as pending in my account. Looks like problem solved.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:29:23 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline cirrusrose

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »
Well done, northstar3184!

(*^-‘) 乃

Want List / Arena Sales / Etsy Store / eBay

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2016, 06:13:02 PM »
Subtle and straight to the point, happy things went over well

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 06:56:41 PM »
So glad you're finally getting this resolved!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal