collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Listed as Mint by Has Small Flaws  (Read 8631 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Listed as Mint by Has Small Flaws
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 04:55:11 AM »
Thanks for linking to the other the thread dealing with this seller. I was sure I'd come across the name before but I hadn't the time  yesterday to search :blush:

Okay so I sent her the following message:

Hi, I received my pony Sweet Stuff. Thank you for sending her so quickly and well-packaged, but unfortunately I noticed that she has 2 small cancer spots. I checked and they are not mentioned in the listing. I thought that the pony was in mint condition which is why I bid. I understand that its easy to miss something like this when listing, but I was a bit disappointed that she has these marks since they are permanent, so I wanted to talk to you about what to do next. I do like her, so I'd hate to have to send her back, but I do feel a partial refund would be fair because she doesn't appear to be as described in the listing. Thank you for your time.

I'll let you know what happens. Thank you, Ringlets, for the great template. Sometimes it's hard to know what to say in these situations.

:bigups:  you're welcome hun :hug:  looks good :)  .
 I've had to deal with some really irate and difficult sellers in the past , as well as ones where you have no idea how they are going to react in a situation like this one , so I guess over time you learn how best to approach them. It doesn't go right all the time but a tactful message does often work and if it comes down to a case where ebay  has to get involved and decide the outcome they check messages and how you've talked to the person can make a big difference in the end. Should be straightforward in this situation BTW if it did come down to a case as the pony is definitely not as described, but I'm hoping the message will prevent it getting to that stage and you and the seller will be able to work it out without either of you getting upset :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline cirrusrose

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 04:27:51 AM »
Oh noes - not eaglesfan73 again!
 :yikes:

Whenever a seller is also a big MLP G1 collector I think it's reasonable to assume they have knowledge about "pony cancer", and those spots on Sweet Stuff are pretty darn obvious. Unmentioned cancer spots are my personal bugbear since they can spread and de-value/destroy the pony even further. And your Sweet Stuff definitely isn't in mint condition! The seller also has a few recent feedbacks saying the condition of the ponies she's sold didn't match the description, so this seems to be an ongoing issue with her.

However this seller was a total nightmare to deal with when she made a mistake with my accessories (it got much worse later on and the Arena thread here only covers half of it!).

I thought the email you wrote to her was polite, friendly and well-worded and I can't see how it could be mis-interpreted. However this seller can take things extremely personally and severely over-react, so feel free to PM me for advice.  ;)

Best of luck, northstar3184.   :hug:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:48:33 AM by cirrusrose »

Want List / Arena Sales / Etsy Store / eBay

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 04:30:22 PM »
She responded to my email:

Hi. Im sorry about that. Can you show me pics of what I missed? I have a few more of her to sell and I wanna make sure I dont overlook it and make a mistake.
Thanks
Angie

Here was my response and the pics I sent her:

Certainly, here's a couple more pictures. There's one cancer spot near where the head attaches to the body and a second one as you move toward her symbol about midway on the body.

Hopefully, the spots will be easy enough for her to see. I'm new at using this camera.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 09:15:34 PM »
They're visible to me.  :)  But otherwise you can use Photoshop or Paint to draw a red arrow pointing at them, or circle them, or something.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 11:08:13 PM »
She sent me a reply:

"Ugh I cant believe I missed that Im usually good at picking flaws out. Im so sorry. Ill have my hubby get into his paypal to give partial refund.
Thank you"

She offered a 50% refund, which I've accepted. Now just waiting for the refund.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 11:19:01 AM »
Seems like a pretty reasonable response!  Glad it seems to be working out
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:20:58 AM by Galactica »

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 02:34:03 PM »
Well, we'll see what happens. She sent that message 24 hours ago saying the refund would be sent when her husband got home from work. It hasn't been sent yet.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 03:27:00 PM »
I'm glad she responded positively - hopefully the refund will show up soon as well :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 04:15:54 PM »
I still havent found a way of blocking sellers on eBay... anyone know if there's a way? I hate cancer spots as well...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 05:15:58 PM »
I don't think you can block sellers. You just have to keep a list of sellers you don't want to buy from. I keep a mental list. If I've seen that name before, I definitely recognize it.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 04:27:36 AM »
I don't think you can block sellers. You just have to keep a list of sellers you don't want to buy from. I keep a mental list. If I've seen that name before, I definitely recognize it.

OK thank you!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »
Still nothing. Do refunds usually show on the buyer's end on the same day they're issued? Or is there usually a few days between when the seller sends it and when it shows in the buyer's Paypal transactions?

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 02:39:56 PM »
It should be immediate, shouldn't it? Since it is electronic, I'd expect it to show pretty much immediately. (Though there may be some discrepancy since paypal and ebay separated, does it show as a part refund in your ebay account?)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 02:45:21 PM »
Yes, if the refund has been processed you will be notified right away. If it's not showing up, the seller has not sent a refund yet.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 03:04:21 PM »
If it's been a couple days, I would contact the seller again and send a friendly reminder. I didn't think you'd get off easy with this seller. She's obviously making you walk through hoops, hoping you'd forget about it. You may have to end up filing a not as described case if she doesn't follow through.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal