collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Payment Unclaimed?  (Read 2104 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Payment Unclaimed?
« on: May 01, 2016, 12:01:04 AM »
I just bought 3 items from different sellers and paid for each through Paypal. The second and third transactions went through fine, but for the first one the payment shows in my Paypal account as being "Unclaimed" for the status. I've never seen that before.

Anyone ever come across this situation before?

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Payment Unclaimed?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 06:37:38 AM »
Yes twice.  The first time it was because the seller's email was changed and they forgot to change it in pay pal so, they couldn't get my payment.  I would contact the seller and let them know you noticed your payment did not get claimed.  Ask them if the email they have on paypal is the email they use to receive payments.  The other time it was an international payment for an item I bought in Germany.  For whatever reason the seller had to claim it and did after about 24 hours. I can't explain that one.  I have no idea why that happened.  Both situations worked out.  I seem to remember a long time ago though that I sent a payment that was never claimed and after a certain period of time paypal sent it back to me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 06:39:23 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »
Yes twice.  The first time it was because the seller's email was changed and they forgot to change it in pay pal so, they couldn't get my payment.  I would contact the seller and let them know you noticed your payment did not get claimed.  Ask them if the email they have on paypal is the email they use to receive payments.  The other time it was an international payment for an item I bought in Germany.  For whatever reason the seller had to claim it and did after about 24 hours. I can't explain that one.  I have no idea why that happened.  Both situations worked out.  I seem to remember a long time ago though that I sent a payment that was never claimed and after a certain period of time paypal sent it back to me.

This is also with an international seller in Germany. I'd send a message but don't speak German. Maybe someone in Germany might know why this occurs?

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 02:00:50 PM »
You don't need to speak German.  Write your seller in English because, if it is who I think it is...her name has applejack in it right?  She sells lovely ponies.  She knows enough English she will make sure your payment is picked up.  She isn't a good communicator in that she probably will not write you back and tell you she got your funds, but you will see that she got them on your paypal.  So, send her a note and just say, "I noticed my payment I made for this item (whatever you bought) is still unclaimed.  Please claim my payment thank you so much."  Within about 24 hours she got mine claimed with that note to her and I got my item with no problems.  She did not ever respond back to me though, but everything was fine. I am just as curious as you are why this one seller has this issue, but I have bought from her more than once with no problems other than the delay in grabbing my payment.  Its odd but a reminder message to her is a good idea.  It worked for me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:03:49 PM by tulagirl »

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 02:10:37 PM »
Yep, it is the same seller. Good to know that you've experienced the same and have gotten your ponies with no problem. Thanks so much for sharing.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 03:30:00 PM »
:bigups: thanks for posting your experience tulagirl - very helpful :) 
The first thing that came to my mind was that it was an international payment - if its in a different currency to what they usually use then often they have to "accept" the payment manually. Its easy to miss if shes had a few sales at once so a message should sort it

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 02:02:38 AM »
:bigups: thanks for posting your experience tulagirl - very helpful :) 
The first thing that came to my mind was that it was an international payment - if its in a different currency to what they usually use then often they have to "accept" the payment manually. Its easy to miss if shes had a few sales at once so a message should sort it

Exactly this :) I have it with French sellers all the time and I think back in the day when my UK account was new, I was asked for each new currency transaction too

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 09:08:24 AM »
Oh wow I never thought about the currency thing.  That makes a lot of sense. 

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 09:01:08 PM »
You don't need to speak German.  Write your seller in English because, if it is who I think it is...her name has applejack in it right?  She sells lovely ponies.  She knows enough English she will make sure your payment is picked up.  She isn't a good communicator in that she probably will not write you back and tell you she got your funds, but you will see that she got them on your paypal.  So, send her a note and just say, "I noticed my payment I made for this item (whatever you bought) is still unclaimed.  Please claim my payment thank you so much."  Within about 24 hours she got mine claimed with that note to her and I got my item with no problems.  She did not ever respond back to me though, but everything was fine. I am just as curious as you are why this one seller has this issue, but I have bought from her more than once with no problems other than the delay in grabbing my payment.  Its odd but a reminder message to her is a good idea.  It worked for me.

You were right. She emailed me back about a day later saying she'd gotten my payment and its no longer showing as unclaimed in Paypal. Thanks for the insight everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal