collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HELP Funko & Hot Topic discontinued our ponies! #savethefunkoponies  (Read 15407 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: SAVE the FUNKO PONIES PLEASE
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2016, 07:28:44 AM »
Here is the five page thread you are looking for:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378367.0.html

However, keep in mind that NOBODY at Funko has been made aware of this petition, nor have they communicated in any way that "x amount of signatures will change our mind".  So the "goals" stated on the petition are a bit erroneous...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:30:25 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2016, 12:01:23 PM »
Here is the five page thread you are looking for:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378367.0.html

However, keep in mind that NOBODY at Funko has been made aware of this petition, nor have they communicated in any way that "x amount of signatures will change our mind".  So the "goals" stated on the petition are a bit erroneous...

Looks okay to me-  the petition says:

The goal currently is to hit 2,000 signatures, to show that we want these back! Every signature makes a difference please share across all social media, to help spread awareness, thank you so much we can do it! Brian we need your help! @OriginalFunko Special thanks to everyone who donated photos, some photos are my own. Be sure to use the hashtag #savethefunkoponies across social media to help spread the word.

Will it make any difference?  Maybe about as much difference as any MoveOn petition...Couldn't hurt I suppose. 

I think it would be more productive if each person contacted retailers and asked them to carry the Funkos.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2016, 12:32:05 PM »
signed!
didn't realize they were stopping. i still haven't gotten a flash sentry! now that's probably a few years out at best, but still. its awesome waiting for these every year.

[Topic merge to keep the discussion in one place ~ Mirn]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:01:57 PM by Mirnyj »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I'm not saying anything against the petition, but I definitely sanction contacting the retailers. A few hundred people submitting online enquiries about funko ponies (name specific items) would at least make the retailers see that maybe there's a market for some, if not all of the characters.

I don't collect funko and I'm not even sure whether these had a UK release, but I think that whether the petition is or isn't successful, the retailers should be made aware of how you guys feel. Because they are a much bigger influence on manufacturing decisions.

Not saying it would definitely do anything, but I don't think it hurts to try.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I think QC and NMM are still remote possibilities, because the molds have already been made.  It really doesn't look too promising though.  With stores not reordering, Funco might just cut its losses.  Build-a-Bear is emptying out the ponies, now Hot Topic. 

Honestly, they would do better focusing on the minis.  Funco made some mistakes with the chase figures in the larger pony line.   The Hot Topics near here were buried in 'returned merchandise'.  People were ordering cases, taking out the chase figure and returning the rest to the local stores.  Muffins, Lyra, Sweetie Drops... they sat in the local stores for months.  TRU finally clearanced them at $5.00 just recently.  When the retailers got burned with unsold product, they didn't order as much in following released.  Because there isn't (as far as I'm aware so far) a way to cipher blind box mystery minis, and because of their more affordable price range for impulse buys as well as variety, they get sold very quickly in comparison.  Right now, the stores around our area are loaded with hundreds of unsold, unmoving Funcos- not just pony characters.  The buying trend for all vinyl figures seems to be slowing here in general.   

Maybe............. *possibly* the petition could find its best chance of success if timed out with the upcoming Loyal Subjects pony release.  If that line is successful, then perhaps Funco might reconsider with at least the mystery minis- because the loyal subjects are also vinyl and about the same size as Funco minis.     

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
When I was at one of my nearby Walmart yesterday, they actually had some of the Shining Armor/Princess Cadance funko ponies (and they werent there the last time I was at the store within the last week or so beforehand). At least about...six of them altogether? It was a surprise to me becasue I legit thought they had stopped buying/ordering them since they'd shelf-sit so much.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Online Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
When I was at one of my nearby Walmart yesterday, they actually had some of the Shining Armor/Princess Cadance funko ponies (and they werent there the last time I was at the store within the last week or so beforehand). At least about...six of them altogether? It was a surprise to me becasue I legit thought they had stopped buying/ordering them since they'd shelf-sit so much.

You're so lucky the only pony that walmarts get around here is Rainbow Dash and shes a shelf warmer thats all they have... its like well duh thats the reason its not selling! Besides she was the first release... also I should mention I would say only 1 in 4 walmarts actually carry funko ponies..

For Sale Wants

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I'm not saying anything against the petition, but I definitely sanction contacting the retailers. A few hundred people submitting online enquiries about funko ponies (name specific items) would at least make the retailers see that maybe there's a market for some, if not all of the characters.

I don't collect funko and I'm not even sure whether these had a UK release, but I think that whether the petition is or isn't successful, the retailers should be made aware of how you guys feel. Because they are a much bigger influence on manufacturing decisions.

Tbh I think the reason the petition might be useful is because they do sell exclusives at SDCC.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
In my opinion, what matters is that we put our efforts into getting funkos attention. Hopefully they'll see how many of us are willing to purchase their ponies. The signatures may or may not do anything, but it's worth a shot. #savethefunkoponies

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline Terra

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Longeared/
That's really disappointing. Of course I can't expect the line to go on forever, but these two unreleased figures were really unique. There's no decent QC figures on the market right now... and the NMM looks great too!

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
Maybe Cheese Sandwich and Maud Pie colours and design were too dull to non-adult G4 collectors , and that's why the sales were poor, since this two ponies looked bland and boring for parents and small kids?  :cry:

Maybe if they had released NMM and Chrysalis instead, they could have get better sells?
:huh:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:08:03 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile

Tbh I think the reason the petition might be useful is because they do sell exclusives at SDCC.

But it is way too late for this SDCC I'm afraid. It can take 6-9 months from the time of ordering to when shipments arrive of a product for a smallish company like Funko, so they would have had to have made the decision quite a while ago. 

Still, if HT or some other retailer thinks that certain figures might sell well, they would order them from Funko. I think the best we can hope for. 

I have noticed places like Hot Topic respond best to Twitter and Facebook posts- so I think maybe posting there for not just Hot Topic but for all of the retailers that carry pop culture products- that we want Funko Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis- could be helpful...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal