collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just need to rant! PayPal and bad Etsy buyer.  (Read 11621 times)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Just need to rant! PayPal and bad Etsy buyer.
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 05:22:55 AM »
 :cry: :cry: Pinkkittywinks (and also the other nice members ) I am so sad for you  :cry:

I got such a same bad story last summer, not with your scammer but an other one, through Ebay. And Paypal gave her rights!!!
I tell you the story very briefly (it lasted nearly 2 months!!!)

I have sold a french loose sunlight,  2 days after receiving the girl messaged me : "ok I got it, thanks", nearly 2 weeks after , I was abroad for summer with family, she messaged saying that she opened the pony  :shocked: and found it was rehaired!!! I GOT NO REHAIR IN MY COLLECTION!! and I do NOT REHAIR MYSELF! I tried to talk to her, saying I found it odd to contact me 2 weeks after, she has maybe completly destroyed the pony and now wanted a refund.
She opened a case and told to Paypal: she will send me the pony back. You can imagine how my vacation abroad was sad due to all this!
When I came back, I have received an ENVELOP! only full of paper tissue!!!  :shocked: No pony! I call Paypal completly schocked, they told me to go to the police station to obtain a claim.
I went and you know what: the policeman told me that they can do nothing for me! Because they have more problems and no time to work for Paypal, and it was the job of Paypal to protect me ! But he told me that Paypal will do nothing.
 I told him , it was the law he needed to help a bit! So he finally have done a paper . I send the paper to Paypal. And Paypal finally gave right to the other girl only because she gave her a tracking number for the letter!!! I have contacted them telling that ther was nothing except paper tissue. They refund her. So she was refunded and kept my pony  :( :(

I was soo shocked by this , only one closer friend knew this.  :( but now I feel better to say it.
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »
Here are all the etsy shops she's favoriting... all pony. Not mine yet, but I will be watching for her...

https://www.etsy.com/people/mcdonaldrheanon/favorites?type=shops&ref=col_view
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 12:13:10 PM »
Bibinette, that's awful!  What's her eBay username?  I'm going to block her for sure.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 12:40:54 PM »
Bibi that is truly awful :( I am speechless at what she did to you.

Here are all the etsy shops she's favoriting... all pony. Not mine yet, but I will be watching for her...

https://www.etsy.com/people/mcdonaldrheanon/favorites?type=shops&ref=col_view

Thanks for sharing that link :)

I sent messages to TotallySparkler, CatiesCreations, Roogna, SunshinesMLPshop, SaturnCraftStudio, MLP'sRehabilitated, AJsponies and SajasCreations. I messaged all those people as I know who they are here.

I think SarlightStudio is a member here as well. Do any of you know any other sells on that list?

Interesting there are 19 shops on the list and she's scammed 6.....

Love pkw xxxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 02:14:04 PM »
I have Shannon from retrodolls on facebook. Just sent her a PM.

edit: she says thanks guys - and special thanks to PKW for thinking to message everyone on the list!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:37:37 PM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2016, 01:55:52 AM »
Ha ha THIS is actually a really cool list of fab shops!
Yeah, thanks for the message!

I still think it is odd that there is no real way to report her.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 04:50:48 AM »
I have Shannon from retrodolls on facebook. Just sent her a PM.

edit: she says thanks guys - and special thanks to PKW for thinking to message everyone on the list!

Thank you so much for dropping Shannon a line :bigups:

Today I have sent a message to all the other shops on her list to warn them about her.

It is all I can think of to do. I have reported her to Etsy, but I have not heard anything back from them.

Love pkw xxx

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2016, 05:32:29 AM »
wow. total scammer :(  I'm so sorry she has done this to you pkw and everyone else in this thread too! makes me so angry that Paypal could even think about siding with her- you have proof of postage , plus with all the claims she is making they should be investigating her, not siding with her. Definitely email them a link to this thread pkw. Its worth a shot, and thank you for messaging all those members whose shops she's targeting  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 06:30:02 AM »
Thanks guys!

We will see how it goes, I'm hoping she just does not follow through!

:grouphug:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2016, 06:45:21 AM »
Oh no :( what a nightmare. Sorry this has happened

I would try and contact PayPal again. You can also ring them, they are helpful.

Clearly tell them that Royal Mail estimates 5-7 working days for expected delivery but they do not say a parcel is lost until at least 25 days. (This is when you can claim with Royal Mail signed or not signed for you can claim)

Basically just explain everything to PayPal. There is 100% no way her wings would of arrive to her by 9th of April (Saturday) considering you sent them on 7th of April which is a Thursday that gave them 1 working day and a bit to get to her! Just not going to happen. Quickest we have had items arrived to our USA customers is 2 working days which was a one off really still no idea how it got there that fast :P (I think it was when items used to fly into New York first and this customer was in New York) Usually we have to pay for Express UPS shipping to get orders to our customers in under 3 working days.

Tell them that Royal Mail does not consider them lost until 25 days has passed so why do they?
You can also provide them with the evidence from everyone else this has happened to. It might be a hassle to do but best not to give into these scamming bullies :(

We have found Etsy to be very helpful (especially lately) hopefully they will block her, if they don't & she purchases again just keep cancelling her order.

Hope you can get this sorted :( I would definitely try PayPal again they have been very helpful with us in the past when we have had any issues.
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 11:23:13 AM »
Thank you Lollipop for posting.

I am glad you found PayPal helpful when you have had issues. Sadly I have not found them helpful with this case. When I tried to call I couldn't get through to a human. During the case I presented them with proof of shipping, a shipping receipt and length of shipping time from the UK to the US, they have still sided with the buyer :(

I have emailed PayPal today stating many of the facts in this thread as well as link.

I don't think there is any more I can do. I have accepted that I will not get my money back and so I can do is warn others.

Love pkw xxx

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »
Paypal is known for doing this kind of thing(and worse), and there are a lot of angry people out there.  That anger has led to some websites being created to gripe about Paypal, and post information for people dealing with this stuff. The biggest one I know of is paypalsucks.com.

They have a listing of possible numbers where you might be able to talk to a human:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/faqs.shtml

There are other resources as well on that site.

I don't know how up to date those numbers are(the site's been around a long time), but hopefully it's a place to start.  Be careful - there are a lot of fake Paypal numbers out there used by scammers!

Offline Starlight.Studio

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Flutter Wings
    • View Profile
    • Starlight.StudioLLC
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2016, 05:08:05 PM »
I'm so sorry!

With eBay/Paypal unless you have 100% tracking that shows it was delivered to the address, its a lost cause. the customs number showing its in a county will not make a difference. We learned the hard way on eBay years ago.

That's why every international item has 100% tracking and insurance. Yes it does cost a lot, but it protects the seller and buyer.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »
Well, I just got a message from PayPal and they clearly don't give a monkey's uncle that Rheanon's McDonald is abusing their system. It was a copy and paste response about seller protection, tracking and proof of delivery, blah, blah blah.

There was no response at all to the evidence I have given about Rheanon's repeated claims for "item not received" as far as I can see PayPal are quite happy for her to carry on this way at everyone else's expense.

I can hardly say I'm surprised though, I've know for a long time that this goes on and I've seen what's happened to others in this situation.

Paypals responce towards me makes me feel like dirt, as if I'm the one that's the scammer  -_-

This is now going to affect my other customers as I've had to increase my shipping prices, so that anything over £20 is sent tracked, signed for and insured.

Love pkw xxx

Offline Starlight.Studio

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Flutter Wings
    • View Profile
    • Starlight.StudioLLC
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2016, 05:49:23 PM »
I'm so sorry!
And charging high shipping rates... it not good for business... I know...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal