collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just need to rant! PayPal and bad Etsy buyer.  (Read 11688 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Just need to rant! PayPal and bad Etsy buyer.
« on: April 19, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »
Hi ponies,

I just need to get this out of my system as I'm pretty cross right now!

I sold some wings to Rheanon McDonald via Etsy, her user name there is mcdonaldrheanon. Her email is [email protected]

Here is the low down

5 April - sold 3 pairs of wings to a buyer on Etsy for £15
7 April - shipped wings
9 April - seller files an "item not received" via PayPal with a note saying "I want a refund"

Please note I live in the UK and the buyer was in the USA, it takes 5-7 working days for an item to arrive.

11 April - I sent proof of shipping, shipping receipt AND information from Royal Mail's website stating the length of delivery time.
19 April - PayPal emails me saying they have sided with the buyer. And refunded her.

How could she file for item not received only 2 days after she bought the item. There is not a chance her items could have been delivered in that time frame considering I live half way round the world.

No doubt she has the wings and her money back. I think she bought the wings, decided she didn't want them and filed an item not received to get her money back.

I don't see any point in complaining to PayPal since they have already sided with her  -_-

Thanks for letting me rant.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
Re: Just need to rant! PayPal and bad Etsy buyer.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 11:59:36 AM »
That makes me so angry.  :mad:  I almost want to bug PayPal on your behalf but if she's anything to them like she was to me they likely sided with her to shut her up. Would that I could block her on Etsy...  :shakefist:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 12:10:57 PM »
I had a funny feeling it was the same buyer that you were having problems with, just from the way you described her action. I'm sorry to hear she's been bothering you too.

I'm going to report her to Etsy.

Love pkw xxx

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 12:22:04 PM »
This makes me so annoyed and angry with Paypal. Their methods of "investigations" are absolutely ridiculous! Seriously there must be a way for you to speak to someone in Paypal management or via their social network eg FB, Twitter to complain about this absurd response to a case. The buyer is obviously pulling a fast one and probably continue to file claims. Sigh. I am so frustrated for you and so sorry to hear this. I wonder if the buyer is on this forum....

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 03:56:56 PM »
Sorry you're going through this. I'm having the same issue myself with a different buyer from another board. Lives across the ocean and thinks item should be there in a week so files through paypal. I hate doing business on the internet.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 04:34:08 PM »
Thank you for reading and replying.

On looking at her favourite Etsy shops, I see a lot of people who are MLParena members. It makes me concerned that she's doing the same to them as well.

I've cancelled the transaction via Etsy, so I should hopefully get my fees back.

I'm upset with PayPal. I have lost the shipping I paid, despite sending PayPal my shipping receipt. I've also lost the PayPal fees, Etsy sellers fees AND the wings. I'm not £15 out of pocket, I'm more like £20 out of pocket, when you factor in those extras.

I'll see if I can dispute it via PayPal, but they want proof of delivery, so I doubt it.

Plushroo I'm sorry you are having issues with an impatient buyer :(

Love pkw xxx

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 04:41:02 PM »
I would be on the phone taking a bite out of PayPal's hide. That is not acceptable.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 04:52:01 PM »
I did try and call PayPal after she filed the dispute, but all I got was the automated phone system. I couldn't actually get to speak to a human being :( I emailed them at the same time, but haven't had a response (I should check my spam folder, just in case it's in there :P)

Love pkw xxx

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 06:09:19 PM »
Every international package I've received has shown up with the customs number when it enters the country. Even without tracking I get delivery confirmation. If you have the customs number they might be able to confirm delivery.

I'm just so sorry and upset for all of you. Everything is instant these days. I'm just saying "hello it's coming from a different country, the government has rules". Who wouldn't know that. I don't know the different average times for different countries, but I just keep in touch.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 06:58:52 PM »
One of these days I'll have the courage to try and replace the wings on my Argentina girls. I keep looking at yours, PKW, and drooling over the maybe that they represent.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 06:03:20 AM »
She did the same to me.  She bought a custom from me on Etsy and it arrived fine, so she bought 2 others.  I bought postage at the PO for those two and forgot to upload tracking.  I logged into PP yesterday to find she'd opened 3 cases against me and escalated them, and one was for the pony she received first!  PP sided with me on that one, but since I can't prove I mailed the others because I have long lost that receipt I had to refund her for them.  I cancelled the transactions on Etsy afterward, with a note via PP that I was sorry she didn't receive the other two, and if they were for some reason returned to me she could feel free to re-purchase them if she wanted.  She sent me this via Etsy:

I '' ll pay and next firday my pay Shop: Skeen441 Item: Custom My Little Pony - G4 Rainbow Curl Stripes (quantity: 1)
Transaction ID: 1133849525

I think she's saying she'll pay me for them (or at least for Stripes) on Friday, but it won't do any good because I don't have the ponies!  But at least if she's offering to repay maybe that means they didn't actually show up at all? 

UGH I wish Etsy would actually do something when problematic buyers are reported but they never do. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:07:56 AM by Skeen »

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 06:32:27 AM »
Ok I have dealt with her as well, this is what happended with my experience. Sold her a custom pony. She opened a case against me saying pony did not arrived. She had then bought two more ponies from me. I checked tracking on the first one it showed that her address was an "undeliverable address) and I got the pony shipped back to me. Of course the other ones did to. Paypal sided with me. I messaged her and told her what had happened was on her end. And to check with the post office about the other two. They also got sent back to me. So I refunded her money. She got kicked off of etsy but then was back on a few days later. She bought another pony from me. I messaged her saying I needed a different address to send it to. She never responded. I messaged her a few more times and she didn't respond until I told her I was going to cancel the sale. This pony arrived at her address. She has since bought two more ponies from me. But I wish etsy had a block mode.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 08:02:31 AM »
Just wow!

Thank you for sharing your experiences Skeen and ajmeir :hug:

Love pkw xxx

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 08:27:54 AM »
She has been asking me to hold items on etsy for her. I really appreciate seeing this. How do you Block someone on etsy via the mobile app?
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 08:35:29 AM »
Sadly, you can't.  Etsy has no way of blocking any user for any reason.  There are known scammers on Etsy and Etsy won't do a thing about it when presented with overwhelming evidence. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal