collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Girl  (Read 44207 times)

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: American Girl
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2016, 08:26:53 PM »
We have an AG photo thread here: Show me your Bitty Baby/American Girl collections.
Ah thanks for mentioning my thread! <33
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2016, 04:00:02 AM »
I get to sit this release out due to budget, so...  I am trying to get excited that it will be possible to buy them, not that I am buying them.  :/

I know what you mean. Despite all my hype (I really cannot help it if Maryellen is involved) its basically happening at the worst time ever.

A friend in Canada went to Indigo or Chapters yesterday to check things out and Addy's stuff was majorly discounted. A salesperson told her that Addy isn't going to be sold in Canada anymore because of Melody. I wonder if that's a sign of things to come? I know Canada and Mexico have limited options but it makes me curious with all the rumors of her retiring. I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet unless my memory is even worse than I thought, haha.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2016, 02:18:53 PM »
I love the fridge. :) 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2016, 08:27:44 AM »
Would anyone know any websites besides the AG Wikia that lists everything AG made with the official photos? I'm trying to complete a few different collections and have photos so I know I'm getting every little peice, and loading all the pages on the Wikia...mylaptop can't take it xD Something like MLPMerch's checklist would be amazing but I doubt that exists. I may jsut have to let my slow laptop load every page and save the pictures =.=;
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2016, 02:22:19 PM »
Oh, before I forget, if someone who's a member of Playthings could tell them the Wellie Wishers review board is locked to guests that would be helpful. I'd like to look at the reviews but Playthings is still ignoring signups...

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2016, 09:24:57 AM »
Oh, before I forget, if someone who's a member of Playthings could tell them the Wellie Wishers review board is locked to guests that would be helpful. I'd like to look at the reviews but Playthings is still ignoring signups...

I can do that.

sailorstitch

ETA: It should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:54:16 PM by sailorstitch »

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2016, 02:45:57 PM »
www.agplaythings.com

http://curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecting/Main.html

Thanks so much! that first wesite was -perfect-! :D Every single little thing from the early days <3 Updates end around last year but the newer stuff is a lot easier to keep track of XD

Post Merge: August 21, 2016, 03:04:53 PM

I'm currently working on hunting down the original blonde boy/girl Bitty Twins. I gave them away in a Christmas event to make a nice gift for kids who would literally get nothing, and instead of cheap Walmart dolls I gave the Twins up instead. I kinda regret it, but I wouldn't change what I did as I can totally buy them back :) Literally the only AG thing I ever got rid of, too. :s Hoping to trade/sell off two Bitty's I found at thrift for them, but it's a pretty slim chance of an actual trade for the very original Twins. >_<
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:04:53 PM by Itcheeee »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »
Thank you sailorstitch! :)

Some photos are showing up from the pop up stores! They have at least some of the Fall items already available so some of the photos have prices. Maryellen's fridge looks to be $150... please excuse me while I cry! I totally should've seen it coming but I didn't expect it to be quite that high! At least its a really good size, but ow... definitely not asking for that for Christmas!

I'll probably just ask for Rebecca instead. Maybe Lea if there's a good sale or bundle but I'm not fussed about having her meet outfit so meh.

Belinda Stronach

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2016, 02:31:50 AM »
Guys its amazing. what a collection you all have. Before joining this forum I was knowing only about Barbie dolls but there are lot more here. My baby has a Barbie doll and she keep on asking me to bring different dolls and because of her only I joined this forum. Now I will keep on updating myself by taking enough of information from here. My daughter has a collection of fifty Barbie doll as of now. But one more thing which is of her concern is that she cannot call her dolls by name. I helped her to take few names from www.babynology.com but we need an idea to have remembered all the names which we have chosen so far.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2016, 05:39:26 AM »
Welcome to MLPA Belinda! :)

I have a Shutterfly site to keep track of my collections. I post photos along with the doll/pony/plush's type (brand & release), name, and the date I got them. I used to keep it written down in a notebook but that was way too easy to lose.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2016, 04:25:01 PM »
Ohhh such discounts on Addy things at Canadian Chapters stores... It's so sad knowing she is going to sell out "softly" rather than with an announcement...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2016, 05:51:13 PM »
I hope this is a good place to post this! If you guys think I should make a separate thread, I will, but the experts seem to hang out here.  ;)

I went to a thrift shop on my lunch break today, and came across an AG in really beautiful shape! I didn't recognize her, so I wasn't sure who she was - just looked at the AG wiki, and she seems to be the "Just Like You" model 30: http://americangirl.wikia.com/wiki/Just_Like_You_30

More:
Spoiler

She's got a bit of a mark on one cheek, and one on her forehead, but otherwise seems in perfect condition

And she's had her ears pierced

The lighting in my room right now makes her look more Asian in my photos, but her skintone is more a lighter tanned Caucasian tone, and her hair and eyes are dark brown.

I don't collect AG (at least not currently, lol), so I am not so interested in keeping her, even though she's very cute, so it's tempting! My main question is whether this line is even collectible? I see from the wiki that her model isn't retired, but I was curious what she might go for, basically - she only cost me $10 and came in the pajama set. I figured if she wasn't really collectible the same as the historical line or GotY dolls, I'd see if any friends of mine have a kid who has been wanting an AG doll, and gift it to them. I know a lot of people are put off by the high cost of the dolls, and I remember how thrilled I was to get Kirsten when I was young, so I would love for a child to get to enjoy her if collectors are more interested in the character dolls.  :good:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 05:54:26 PM by ClawleenMeowlen »

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2016, 06:05:58 PM »
I can't help with an ID but wow, congratulations! I have dreams of finding an AG doll in thrift stores, haha.

American Girl dolls are very collectible. I can't speak for this particular doll but from what I've seen the Asian mold dolls are fairly popular, at least on the forums I lurk and the people I follow on Instagram. The non-character dolls are very popular in general too! A lot of collectors seem to prefer them.

I don't know what the secondary market is like, especially right now with a big release with a new Historical and lots of clothes/accessories scheduled for tomorrow, but I imagine you'd be able to find a taker if you decided to sell or trade. She's super cute!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2016, 08:11:51 PM »
Wow, what a find!  She's cute.  :)

I think the modern dolls, in good shape, sell for around $30-$40?  Someone can come in and correct me on this.  $10 is an excellent deal.  I would have been so thrilled to have found her.

Also, I think those are (historical character) Julie's pjs, which seem to be discontinued.  If you sell/trade, you might want to sell those separately.  ;)

http://www.americangirl.com/shop/julies-pajamas-for-dolls-f6330

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:17:01 PM by scarletjul »
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal