collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Girl  (Read 43713 times)

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: American Girl
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »
I love AG!  Sadly I haven't been giving my girls the attention they deserve recently though (I've been on a BJD/Nendo kick), but every now and then I stop to fix their wig and change their clothes.  Here's a pic of my girls:

Kaia (Somali mold), Izzy (GOTY Isabelle), and Ivy.  I purchased Kaia on ebay and decided her stock wig was beyond repair, so I ended up re-wigging her.  She looks so much cuter with those long locks!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Your pics of your minis are amazing Taxel! 

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 02:18:18 PM »
Kaia looks gorgeous with her new wig! The long hair really suits her and the style is so cute. Its definitely not helping my Sonali mold desire xD

And thank you so much! <3

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 03:24:01 PM »
Love all the bright colours in these photos!

I like using AG's mini dolls as props to add to my travel photos, like this:

I have a few of the full-size ones to, but usually the farthest they get to travel is into the garden:

Blog

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 04:43:53 PM »
Aw, you all have such pretty dolls!  :lovey:

I finally took a couple of pics of my girls.  Here's Beckie:

And Margot:

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 05:44:13 PM »
I love AG dolls! The clothes, accessories... so cute and well made!  :lovey:

I only have five girls myself: Maryellen, Rebecca, Samantha, Julie, and Marie Grace. Just like the historical ones, I guess.  :P

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 11:19:27 PM »
AG minis really do make great traveling companions, Hervoyel! I took Samantha with me on a trip to California once but I only took one picture of her in Vegas. And I love the outfit on the first fullsize doll (Cecile?).

scarletjul, Beckie is so cute! Is that one of Sam's dresses? It looks perfect on her.

Sounds like you have a nice collection, Olympus! I'm quite a fan of most of those girls, haha.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 11:32:03 AM »
My biggest struggle with my dolls, and has been for the past 10 years, is that I seriously NEED a dollhouse for them.  It's disgusting how many boxes are piled on bins on boxes.... I barely get to enjoy them because they go in and out of containers and they have no setup.... I take them out to make clothes and then they go back into storage....

But really what do you do when you have such a diverse collection LOL?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »
If I had the space, I would definitely set up a dollhouse for my girls!  I just love the look of different scenes set up in each room, and some of the AG dollhouses I've seen online are beyond amazing!  Lovesbabysquirmy, you need to take a group shot of your dolls one day for us! ^_^

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline respositob

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 04:50:02 PM »
My biggest struggle with my dolls, and has been for the past 10 years, is that I seriously NEED a dollhouse for them.  It's disgusting how many boxes are piled on bins on boxes.... I barely get to enjoy them because they go in and out of containers and they have no setup.... I take them out to make clothes and then they go back into storage....

Instead of buying a dollhouse, which will cost no less than $200 (can you believe it?), I bought some 24" deep x 48" wide  x 72" high shelving unit to use as a dollhouse. I got them at Home Depot, but I think Walmart has them too. They're by the company Edsal and they were $80. Maybe you could use those and save some money?

Shugahime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 09:14:38 PM »
Hi everyone! I recently gotten bit by the AG bug aswell! It started when a lady down the street seen the dolls I was restoring(Monsters, and Disney Animators), and asked me if I would be interested in fixing some dolls she had gotten from a flea market. I ended up tightening arms and legs, fixing hair(Rebecca reaallyyy needed TLC for her hair!), and washing stains. And along the way, I fell in love with the classic head mold.

And as payment for all the work done on those pretties, she sent this lady to live with me:

See how it sparkles by Shugahime, on Flickr

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 09:38:52 PM »
Great thread, Taxel! I thought of starting a new one myself, but you beat me to it. ;)

I grew up with AG dolls; Bitty Baby was my first, as you can see by the various scratches on her head. Part of me wants to repaint her, but at the same time I think they add character! She was a child's toy, after all.

And here are the rest of my girls I've been given or purchased over the years - the one on the far right, above Marisol, is a Gotz model. Her name is Charlotte. c:
(I have many accessories that aren't pictured here.)

I would love to add Kaya, Kit, Elizabeth, Cecile, Rebecca, Julie and Ivy to my collection, but I don't have the money or space at the moment. I actually ended up selling a few Bitty Baby accessories + Kaya's horses when we moved, and I miss the latter. Maybe I'll replace them someday...
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 11:19:28 PM »
I know what you mean, lovesbabysquirmy. I don't have many bigger dolls (and most are easy to reach right now) but pretty much all of my dolls are packed away because I don't have any other choice. I've got so many of those decorative boxes from Michael's full of dolls. I'd love to get more display cases/shelves with glass doors. A big one for American Girls would be amazing! I love the setups that can be done with them. I imagine they're a lot easier to set up than the teeny tiny little accessories for stuff like MH!

They look really good Shugahime! You did a great job :D And congrats on your Maryellen!

You collection is lovely, Sundown! I just finished reading Samantha's books so I'm really partial to your Nellie. She looks so cute with her big bow! I hope you're able to get Kaya's horses again. They were always a favorite of mine when I was little so I can see why you'd miss them.

Yesterday we went to check exactly what the final cost for my Maryellen would be and wow... I didn't expect $20 shipping! I'm used to stores absorbing some of the cost into products so shipping is easier to deal with. How often do they do coupons/sales? I might wait a bit once we get the money so we can get a better deal since there won't be enough time for her arrive before my birthday trip to Yellowstone. I don't want to have to skip her brush 3:

Anyways, I've been raiding the American Girl section at the local library. Does anyone else like the books? I'm reading Lea's right now and I've gotta admit I love her character. She sounds like me with her camera, haha. And now I want her sloth pet and camera even more! I picked up Melody's book too and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Offline respositob

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »
Just recently got back into American Girl dolls. I was really into them when I was younger, then I got into Monster High and concentrated on that for awhile. But I recently got a job and now that I'm making money, I feel like I can afford American Girl and Monster High (and of course all the other dolls I collect).

I currently have 4 dolls: Lanie, Ivy, Julie, and McKenna. I bought Lanie's starter set back in 2010, Ivy and Julie were Christmas gifts, and McKenna was a birthday gift. Unfortunately, I played with them really roughly, so Ivy lost her head (oops... :blush: I plan on sending her to the Doll Hospital), and the other girls hair are frizzy and dry, even after I washed Lanie's.

Anyway, my Dad and I were going to make a dollhouse for the girls, but we ended up buying some shelves at Home Depot instead to use as rooms. I decorated it with the furniture I already had, like Kit's bed, an Our Generation Bathtub, and a beanbag chair. Then went out and got the Our Generation Gourmet Kitchen at Target (which I was really lucky to find since it's retired). I've got my eye on some other furniture:

Spoiler

I also just ordered Kit's accessories and dog, Grace, on eBay. They should be here soon. I really want Addy, since  I'm a Civil War buff and also because rumor has it they're retiring her soon. Other dolls on my wish list are Rebecca, Lea, Maryellen, and Truly Me #59. Can't wait till my birthday!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 08:51:01 PM »
AG has been weird about their sales and free shipping recently.  The cheapest option at this point is to call your local Costco and ask if they have the American Girl gift cards.  here is the SKU:  1038806   The cards are $75 for a $100 card if I remember...

Of course you need a membership or a friend with one to buy for you @ Costco but the reduced price on them basically makes any order 20% off without any restrictions. The sales have all been restricting certain items! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 10:59:44 PM »
What a coincidence, respositob! I had planned this to be a Monster High year for me but that didn't even last until my birthday xD You dollhouse shelves sound awesome! I love that OG kitchen and I was drooling over the just the other day. Are all those furniture sets you're eyeing OG? I may need that couch!

I thought their sales were kind of weird but I wasn't sure how normal that is for them. I'm still bummed I miss Maryellen's collection sets and I doubt she'd specifically go on sale again so soon. We actually have a Costco about an hour away and make the drive from time to time for stuff, so fingers crossed! That's a really great deal! Thank you, lovesbabysquirmy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal