collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Girl  (Read 43978 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: American Girl
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2016, 10:38:28 AM »
Do you get pretty good coupon deals if you sign up for emails from American Girl? I noticed ther is a new Kirsten and Felicity mini doll.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2016, 11:37:57 AM »
Sometimes........ The whole company has been a little wacko the past year and a half. It's worth signing up though.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2016, 12:53:07 PM »
A couple days later they released real one time use codes for those amounts. I ended up with two codes, one for 20% and one for 30%. The 30% one had a glitch of it's own. In the fine print it said that the codes could NOT be used on Lea's hut or Maryellen's diner. The 20 and 25 codes did not work on those items, but the 30 did! I got the diner for 30% off AND free shipping! With the two codes I got I knocked out most of my want list. I'm down to about 8 items now. :P

sailorstitch

Now THAT'S a good deal!!! I'd never pay full price for the dinner (I'd rather buy the $100 OG one and paint it), but 30% off and free shipping is a deal I'd take in a heartbeat.

Do you get pretty good coupon deals if you sign up for emails from American Girl? I noticed ther is a new Kirsten and Felicity mini doll.

Ponyfan

If you sign up for the physical magazines you can sometimes get a 20% off coupon, but its not guaranteed. I've gotten one once or twice but we haven't ever been able to use it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2016, 02:52:06 PM »
I signed up for emails. I've always admired American Girl dolls but the large dolls never seem to be in my budget. I'm seriously thinking about getting some of the mini dolls though.

Ponyfan

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2016, 04:16:12 PM »
If anybody gets a code that they can't use, please offer it to someone here.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2016, 06:14:41 PM »
AG is TERRIBLE about sending out email codes - mostly you just have to share the info with others that you know are into dolls.  :)

Yeahhhhhhh considering the Canadian exchange rate right now, I can't order from the company at the moment - it's insane how there is no savings at all for me up here.  Even with some discount code or free shipping, with the dollar vs the dollar?  No savings at all.  I go to Chapters/Indigo and do the best I can with the limited-selection boutique... that's in predictable Canadian prices. Although despondently depressingly EXPENSIVE.  Can I confess that Maryellen's Diner cost well over $400 CAD by the time I lugged it through the store to my truck?  GAH!  At least I enjoy it every single day!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2016, 07:06:45 PM »
A couple days later they released real one time use codes for those amounts. I ended up with two codes, one for 20% and one for 30%. The 30% one had a glitch of it's own. In the fine print it said that the codes could NOT be used on Lea's hut or Maryellen's diner. The 20 and 25 codes did not work on those items, but the 30 did! I got the diner for 30% off AND free shipping! With the two codes I got I knocked out most of my want list. I'm down to about 8 items now. :P

sailorstitch

Now THAT'S a good deal!!! I'd never pay full price for the dinner (I'd rather buy the $100 OG one and paint it), but 30% off and free shipping is a deal I'd take in a heartbeat.

I greatly prefer the AG diner to the OG one. Mainly because it folds up. Plus I love the color! I was planning on buying it at full price and free shipping, but that 30% off pushed me to buy it a bit sooner than I planned.

Post Merge: June 01, 2016, 07:14:09 PM

AG is TERRIBLE about sending out email codes - mostly you just have to share the info with others that you know are into dolls.  :)

Oh, YES, it's awful! Some people get every email (like me), some people get an email now and then and other people never get an email no matter how many times they request it. It's the same with the catalogs too. Some people just can't get them no matter how many times they call and complain. Their whole IT dept is in the pits. Problems vary from person to person, but some people can't even order a doll from the website.

If you have your credit card info saved on AG's site, DELETE IT NOW!!!!! There have been a small handful of people that have had their info stolen from AG's site!

sailorstitch
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:14:09 PM by sailorstitch »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2016, 01:37:50 AM »

Yeahhhhhhh considering the Canadian exchange rate right now, I can't order from the company at the moment - it's insane how there is no savings at all for me up here.  Even with some discount code or free shipping, with the dollar vs the dollar?  No savings at all.  I go to Chapters/Indigo and do the best I can with the limited-selection boutique... that's in predictable Canadian prices. Although despondently depressingly EXPENSIVE.  Can I confess that Maryellen's Diner cost well over $400 CAD by the time I lugged it through the store to my truck?  GAH!  At least I enjoy it every single day!

Ouch, that really sucks ): I wish AG wasn't so terrible with international orders. I've heard most places have to call in orders so its a huge ordeal most people would rather not (or can't) do.

On the flip side, I wanted to order some Maplelea stuff and wow, the shipping made a $23 item into a $54 one! I don't even want to think about how much the shipping would be on something bigger, like an outfit.

I greatly prefer the AG diner to the OG one. Mainly because it folds up. Plus I love the color! I was planning on buying it at full price and free shipping, but that 30% off pushed me to buy it a bit sooner than I planned.

I can appreciate that. I want to get the OG one and paint it just like Maryellen's (the stock OG color is terrible!!! What were they thinking?!). I saw this tutorial on it and it really convinced me. The AG one is nice, but its really empty for $275 imo. There's not much food or seating (one more booth would've been perfect to me), and the kitchen is super bare. I'm sure its really nice though, and I'd love to get my hands on the table and booth. Heck, I'd love to pick the whole thing up cheap on Craigslist once kids start getting bored of it! I just can't justify full price.

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2016, 04:14:27 PM »

I can appreciate that. I want to get the OG one and paint it just like Maryellen's (the stock OG color is terrible!!! What were they thinking?!). I saw this tutorial on it and it really convinced me. The AG one is nice, but its really empty for $275 imo. There's not much food or seating (one more booth would've been perfect to me), and the kitchen is super bare. I'm sure its really nice though, and I'd love to get my hands on the table and booth. Heck, I'd love to pick the whole thing up cheap on Craigslist once kids start getting bored of it! I just can't justify full price.

Oh, I completely agree that it's lacking a LOT of stuff, namely silverware! But I also greatly enjoy hunting down little bits to add on to what AG has made. Sometime I want to get these for the diner.

http://shopsophias.shptron.com/p/banana-split-set-in-a-decorative-keepsake-box?pp=40&sort_selection=recommended

Oh, and AG added a bunch of new things to their sale page today! I'm hoping that Julie's two outfits and maybe the slow cooker hold out until I get paid tomorrow.

http://www.americangirl.com/shop/sale

sailorstitch

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2016, 04:40:33 AM »
Oh what a cute sundae! I could probably make my own food to fill the diner with, but it would be annoying to have to get a bunch of dishes. I'd rather go OG so there's plenty of food to use until I get sick of it not being realistic enough xD

Good luck!! I'm really eyeing a pair of shoes. The other doll thing didn't pan out so next time I get a payment I'm buying Lea's sloth, the shoes, and maybe Maryellen's Play Outfit if a coupon comes out.

In other news, my Lori camper arrived yesterday! Its bigger than I expected (and the box was HUGE, more than twice as big as necessary) but its so cute. Absolutely worth every penny! I can't wait for mini Maryellen to arrive on Monday.

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2016, 07:52:18 PM »
That camper is cute! I have yet to see one in person.

Did you happen to see this when it popped up on Ebay today?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doll-Clothes-for-American-girl-18-inch-Grass-green-dress-suit-/191887995424?hash=item2cad6a7220%3Ag%3AyWAAAOSwmtJXUZXD&nma=true&si=DiCP26QCfHVZfCFGVt1AXSa1VAs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'm thinking/hoping it's Maryellen's swimsuit!

sailorstitch

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2016, 08:12:46 AM »
I love the camper. Hopefully I can get mini Samantha and maybe mini Kirsten soon.

Ponyfan

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2016, 08:53:44 AM »
I have quite the collection (well my mother does anyways) of AG dolls. Addy was my first one, I bought her with my allowance for $80. I saved for months to buy her. Only doll line I ever took to which my mother went crazy buying stuff because of it. In general I'm a tomboy was all about hot wheel cars. Anyways I think we have all the original girls plus Kit & Kaya who were the *new dolls at the time. If I were to still collect I'd stick to the mini dolls. I don't have the space for the regular size and their price  :shocked: oh inflation.

I do live near the factory though so we got most of our stuff at the outlet sale every year at a discount. I did go a few years ago for another member here who was getting out of ponies and sticking to AG and did a partial trade/ personal shopper deal.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2016, 08:19:59 PM »
sailorstitch - Oh I hope that's her swimsuit!!! Its absolutely adorable and I love the strawberry print. Not much cloth body would show under it too, which is another bonus. I don't list most of the AG, official or not, suits because the transition is so odd.

Ponyfan - Its really cute. I hope you're able to get them soon!

JazzMatazz - Sounds like you guys have a neat collection! And how lucky to live close enough to go to the outlet sale. That sounds awesome.

Mini Maryellen arrived quite a while ago and she's adorable! No good pictures yet, but at least I was able to get the in-box photo that was impossible with the fullsize.

I'm still adjusting to photographing such a big doll and its a huge pain. I need a better camera ):

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2016, 01:18:45 PM »
What does everyone think of the Wellie Wishers?

http://www.americangirl.com/shop/welliewishers-from-american-girl

sailorstitch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal