collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Girl  (Read 44094 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: American Girl
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2016, 08:19:49 AM »
Really? I had no idea. I thought maybe this was something they just did each year to give the minis more of the fullsize wardrobe. In that case I might just go for the two minis, since if we buy the minis and book from B&N there's no shipping cost for ordering that much... the $5 AG shipping on tiny stuff is kind of excessive. I'm still not used to it at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2016, 01:33:38 PM »
Here's the 25th anniversary minis.
http://www.agplaythings.com/25thAnniversary/25thAnniversary.html

I have Kirsten, Addy, Molly, Kit and Cecile. I also got my BFF Sam and my mom Kaya. I bought most of them at full price and was kicking myself at the end of the year. By Nov most were on clearance for $11.

sailorstitch

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 01:52:26 PM »
Did anybody here make it to one of the pop up stores last fall/holiday shopping season?

Well, it looks like the Indy pop up store is reopening early! I wasn't expecting it to be back until Oct, (IF it came back) but it's looks like it's reopening on July 1st!  :green: I can go to Melody's release without going all the way to Chicago!

https://www.simon.com/mall/castleton-square/stores/american-girl

No word on any other cities yet. Which I find very odd.......

sailorstitch

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2016, 07:57:51 PM »
My Barnes and Noble used to stock a lot of the AG minis but now they only stock Lea. :( I wish I had gotten mini Samantha when they had her.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2016, 08:37:32 PM »
My Barnes and Noble used to stock a lot of the AG minis but now they only stock Lea. :( I wish I had gotten mini Samantha when they had her.

Ponyfan

B&N tends to carry more of the minis around Christmas time. I expect she'll be back.

sailorstitch

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2016, 10:50:10 AM »
Guess who arrived earlier than expected!!!!

I'm really just in awe. I've never seen a real fullsize AG in person before, let alone held/touched one. She has such a good, solid weight and her vinyl is so smooth and just feels so nice and expensive. I'm completely and totally in love with her. She's so beautiful, and her hair is RED! Just like mine was when I was younger! Her neck seam is a little off (I'm really wishing I had her pearls, haha!) but that's an easy fix when we get the courage, isn't it?
Spoiler

Its pretty obvious I'm not at all used to photographing such a big doll, or a doll with these proportions! I foresee a lot of practice this month, haha.

I may or may not be selling off everything I can to make a big outfit order. I'm honestly half considering saving for Melody, since I could probably do it if all this stuff we found sells, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I love her character and the girl on the book cover, but her doll stock photos are so meh. I want to see owner photos first. Plus, Maryellen really does need every one of her outfits, haha!

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »
You got a lovely Maryellen!!! Her bangs look really nice. Those bangs can vary a LOT. And her neck gap isn't that bad. I've seen far worse. If you can't afford her accessories yet, it's not that hard to make a necklace for her.

sailorstitch

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2016, 05:20:12 PM »
Ohhh she is so CUTE!  Congrats!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2016, 05:44:39 AM »
Thank you both! <3 I got a little worried after reading the doll review thread on AGPT, since weird bangs were mentioned a lot. But thankfully she looks great! A few strands of bang hair are a little too long and need trimming, but otherwise they look super cute.

I just finished her first book and omg, its hard to describe how perfect she is!!! I may have put the book down immediately reached out to a seamstress about a 1950s Girl Scout uniform when I got to that part! I'm very excited :D

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2016, 07:10:34 AM »
Also, I was checking out Barnes & Noble's shipping costs since our location cleared out all books except for Mysteries (and a few really random leftovers... like a Meet Addy o.O) and all dolls except for Lea. They have a lot of mini dolls on sale, up to $10 off!

Update on the B&N sale! They just added a 20% off one item code, BNSUNNY20, and it works on the minis so Maryellen is down to $12. I also found out that at least some of the American Girl books are save $5 on two (I have Maryellen #2 and Melody's in my cart). Plus $25 means free shipping, so all three of them together is only $27! That's amazing!

And you can pay with Paypal, so I know what I'm doing :D

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2016, 07:40:01 AM »
Does the 20% off code work on the Lea mini?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2016, 07:51:06 AM »
It does! It takes her price from $15.20 to $12.16

The code is only for online orders and it ends on June 2nd. One thing I noticed was that if you add certain other discounted stuff to your cart (like buy 1 get 1 half off B&N collection or whatever its called, the $20-25 fancy cover books) it'll remove the code and claims you need a B&N membership to add it. I removed the items, restarted Chrome, and the code worked just fine for me when I checked out. I think their website is just poorly coded.

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
Awesome! I'll place an order when I get home.

Post Merge: May 31, 2016, 01:55:50 PM

Placed my order! I got mini Lea and Lea's 3rd book. $3 short of FS, but I didn't want anything else right now. I also made a post over on AGPT since you can't.

Back at the beginning of the year Target mistakenly priced the mini Lea at $9.99 instead of $24.99. I missed out on that deal. :( And because of that deal, I haven't been able to bring my self to pay anything over $13-14. Mini Lea rang up for $11.91 for me! Thanks for the heads up on the code!!!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:55:50 PM by sailorstitch »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2016, 11:59:49 PM »
Woohoo, congrats! :D I'm glad I was able to help.

I heard there was some glitch on the AG site a few months back where you could stack coupons and get $40 dolls. I died a little inside when I found that out, since we could've probably afforded that if we'd known, so I definitely understand.

I also ordered something else today xD A repro pearl choker on Etsy for Maryellen, to cover up her neck gap. I was gonna wait on it but its only $10 and I don't want the gap being so easily visible when we go to Yellowstone for the recreation of her trip. But now, no more spending! I found the most amazing non-AG doll ever and I've gotta save for her. I sort of wish I hadn't bought all this stuff recently, but at the same time its all been great deals and I know I won't regret them. I'm just freaking out over the doll, haha.

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2016, 07:41:49 AM »
Oh, yes. The code stacking of Feb 2016..... That glitch was only up for a few hours at most.  There was a 20% off code, a 25% off code, a 30% off code and a free shipping code. People were able to stack all four codes! I missed out on that one too. Although, I'm not sure if I would've been comfortable cheating the system in that way.

A couple days later they released real one time use codes for those amounts. I ended up with two codes, one for 20% and one for 30%. The 30% one had a glitch of it's own. In the fine print it said that the codes could NOT be used on Lea's hut or Maryellen's diner. The 20 and 25 codes did not work on those items, but the 30 did! I got the diner for 30% off AND free shipping! With the two codes I got I knocked out most of my want list. I'm down to about 8 items now. :P

sailorstitch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal