collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Girl  (Read 43724 times)

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
Re: American Girl
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 07:31:49 AM »
What a coincidence, respositob! I had planned this to be a Monster High year for me but that didn't even last until my birthday xD You dollhouse shelves sound awesome! I love that OG kitchen and I was drooling over the just the other day. Are all those furniture sets you're eyeing OG? I may need that couch!
Actually, only the laundry room set is by OG. I found the rest of the furniture on Amazon. If you're interested in buying the couch, it $75. I think that's a little pricey, but it would make a great addition to my shelves/dollhouse. I think I'll be saving up for it!  :biggrin:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 08:01:07 AM »
What a coincidence, respositob! I had planned this to be a Monster High year for me but that didn't even last until my birthday xD You dollhouse shelves sound awesome! I love that OG kitchen and I was drooling over the just the other day. Are all those furniture sets you're eyeing OG? I may need that couch!
Actually, only the laundry room set is by OG. I found the rest of the furniture on Amazon. If you're interested in buying the couch, it $75. I think that's a little pricey, but it would make a great addition to my shelves/dollhouse. I think I'll be saving up for it!  :biggrin:

Ooo, that's a smart idea! When I was poking around I just looked for official OG and My Life As stuff. At that price though I'd probably just save up for Maryellen's couch. I was thinking that one would work as a good refurbishment to have an alternative, but not at that price xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 05:30:43 PM »

Ooo, that's a smart idea! When I was poking around I just looked for official OG and My Life As stuff. At that price though I'd probably just save up for Maryellen's couch. I was thinking that one would work as a good refurbishment to have an alternative, but not at that price xD

I was looking some more and found an official Journey Girls lounge set that's $64.99. I little less expensive and it comes with a nice coffee table and little footrest thingy (aren't they called ottomans or something like that? IDK. :unsure:). The cushions are also purple, which is my favorite color, so that's also plus. The only problem is that it's out of stock. Maybe my local store will have it though. You never know; the OG Gourmet Kitchen was out of stock and my store had tons of them!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 07:21:42 PM »
Well.... I decided to just START making the dollhouse - we have enough shelves and wood and such...
It will eventually have walls and be enclosed with UV-filmed plexiglass so this is really just first draft:

That includes Maryellen's Diner, the OG kitchen set, the Journey Girls kitchen and the My Life Ice Cream Stand... the CanadaPost mailbox is a piggy bank, the shelf came from Value Village and the OG horse with poseable limbs - I kept the box!  Now I just need more seating for outdoor patio area, some more definition to the stables, and to add the second level which will likely be the dress shoppe!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 10:40:52 AM »
I was looking some more and found an official Journey Girls lounge set that's $64.99. I little less expensive and it comes with a nice coffee table and little footrest thingy (aren't they called ottomans or something like that? IDK. :unsure:). The cushions are also purple, which is my favorite color, so that's also plus. The only problem is that it's out of stock. Maybe my local store will have it though. You never know; the OG Gourmet Kitchen was out of stock and my store had tons of them!

Ooo that's a great set! There's so much room to sit. I think it would be great with some bright blankets, pillows, or plushies.

I love the start of your dollhouse, lovesbabysquirmy! I really like the way you set up the kitchens with the diner. It looks awesome and really fleshes out that poor little diner kitchen, haha.

We looked around a bit and they don't have AG gift cards at our Costco, but they do have them in California where our families live. (And even at the one in my hometown which is just... completely baffling to me.) But look what I found in my email today!

May 23rd is my birthday!!! This sale was made for me :D

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 11:56:59 PM »
I love the look of Mary Ellen's set with the pastel stripes!  Your doll house looks like it's coming together LBS!

I'm tempted by the FREE SHIPPING deal going on right now, but I'm trying to save for more BJDs! >_<  I've had my eye on Lea since she released though.

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2016, 09:03:51 AM »
Well.... I decided to just START making the dollhouse - we have enough shelves and wood and such...
It will eventually have walls and be enclosed with UV-filmed plexiglass so this is really just first draft:

That's quite the project! I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!  :biggrin:

Blog

Shugahime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 02:01:44 PM »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »
YAY I am so glad there was a Free Shipping code available for your birthday!  :)  You will have to show off your presents!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2016, 03:16:47 AM »
I love your pictures of Maryellen, Shugahime! She fits in so well with Gooliope.

Me too, lovesbabysquirmy! I'm so thrilled. That was the last thing I expected to happen. We'll be able to skip the gift card now (we'd have to rely on a not-in-any-way-reliable relative to pick it up) so hopefully Maryellen will be on her way home soon! My boyfriend has been pretending to be sneaky but I think he's about halfway so we should definitely make the sale.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2016, 08:16:10 PM »
Guess who placed an order last night!!!! :D I'm so excited!

But it was a bit too soon... a card from my granny arrived today with enough money to buy Maryellen's birthday mini xD So once I get a couple more bucks for shipping I'll order her too!

Did anyone else take advantage of the free shipping event? ^w^

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2016, 10:15:35 AM »

Did anyone else take advantage of the free shipping event? ^w^[/center]

More dolly things later!  Congrats on the gift card!

I didn't order anything... I have far too much as it already is.  The ONLY thing I want from AG right now is the GOTY Lea Clarke's White Festival Outfit, or whatever it's called?  The white and green dress and the gold belt?  But I am waiting patiently for it to go on sale in December at the Indigo/Chapters boutique...  last year they cleared out all the GOTY at between 20-30% off in the final weeks of the year.  It's $48 CAD and that is just insane to justify at the moment, with our dollar being so low.... 
The Bad Trader List

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2016, 08:33:53 PM »
Wow! I had no idea there were so many AG fans on here. I didn't realize that AGPT wasn't taking any new members right now..... I've been on there since 2009.

I got Molly in 1993 when I was 12. She was my one and only until I found Kirsten at Goodwill in 2009. That got me back into AG and I now have 13 dolls. Maryellen is my newest girl.

sailorstitch (AKA SailorMolly on AGPT)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2016, 06:23:50 AM »
I didn't order anything... I have far too much as it already is.  The ONLY thing I want from AG right now is the GOTY Lea Clarke's White Festival Outfit, or whatever it's called?  The white and green dress and the gold belt?  But I am waiting patiently for it to go on sale in December at the Indigo/Chapters boutique...  last year they cleared out all the GOTY at between 20-30% off in the final weeks of the year.  It's $48 CAD and that is just insane to justify at the moment, with our dollar being so low.... 

I was eyeing that dress too! Its really cute. I hope it goes on sale for you! The price is a bit high for me too.

I love your photos of Maryellen, sailorstitch! I think I saw a couple when I was browsing reviews of her collection on AGPT.

Also, I was checking out Barnes & Noble's shipping costs since our location cleared out all books except for Mysteries (and a few really random leftovers... like a Meet Addy o.O) and all dolls except for Lea. They have a lot of mini dolls on sale, up to $10 off!

I'm debating whether I should put off Birthday Maryellen and grab two minis or mini ME and her 2nd book. That's a really really good deal, but I worry that Birthday ME won't last until Christmas.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2016, 07:31:25 AM »
I'm holding off on all the LE minis until closer to the end of the year. They did LE minis in 2011 for the 25th anniversary. They were poor sellers and went on DEEP discount at the end of the year. Honestly, I'm surprised that they're doing it again.

sailorstitch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal