Pony Talk > The Dollhouse

American Girl

(1/74) > >>

Taxel:
I know we have at least a couple AG collectors, is anyone else interested in a megathread? I've gotten suuuuper into AG this month and I've been dying to get into a community but AG seems really weird! The doll focused forum is closed for signups (which is only mentioned after signing up...) and the political forum doesn't seem to be very active with doll discussions I'm interested in.

I'll probably make an Instagram (even though the community seems to be mostly 9-14 year old kids I'll need to avoid, lol) and maybe a blog... but I'd love to just fawn over AG stuff with other collectors or fans!

Hervoyel:
We have an AG photo thread here: Show me your Bitty Baby/American Girl collections.

scarletjul:
I have 2 (Rebecca and a modern that needs some work;) I really should take pics.  :)

Been eyeing Mary Ellen online and in store.  She might be a gift to myself.

lovesbabysquirmy:
*waves*  hiiiiiiiiiiii! 

At this point it is getting easier to tell people that I have collected AG dolls for over 20 years rather than tell you how many dolls I have and how much stuff I have for them... LOL

P.S.  Addy is retiring soon!  They have not announced it but they are hoping she quietly sells out so they can focus on Melody - the Detroit Motown 1960's AA girl.  :)  She is coming in July/August...

scarletjul yes you should buy Maryellen - I have her and she is so exuberant!  Makes me smile when I see her.  :)

Taxel:
Sadly the photo thread seems to have been locked ):

I'd love to see photos of your girls, scarletjul!

And I was thinking of you when I decided to make the thread, lovesbabysquirmy xD I remember seeing your threads pop up from time to time with your girls' new clothes and such.

I guess I'd consider myself "collecting" since um... the 5th? xD I've wanted an American Girl since I was like 7 or 8, and I've had three minis (Samantha, Kit, and Kirsten) since 2012. I also have a Springfield Collection girl and a box of handmade 18in clothes my granny gave me for my birthday last year.

I wanted Ivy when she came out but it wasn't a huge deal. Cecile blipped on my radar too but I've since decided I don't like her facemold + curls combination. And then there was Maryellen... I was really disappointed with her at first (as her stock photos appear blonde but her book cover is very much a redhead), but thanks to lovesbabysquirmy's owner photos I realized AG is just horrible at taking stock photos! She's a real redhead, with my same hair color, something AG has never done before! I've always kind of been upset over their lack of actual redheads. She doesn't have freckles, which disappointed me, but its not the biggest deal ever.

Something happened and I just sort of... became obsessed this month. I've been reading every AG blog I can find, attempting to find AG communities, watching an endless stream of videos on YT... its ridiculous, lol. And then I started to hardcore focus on Maryellen. I watched her little movie (which is SO cute omg) and looked through her Scrapbook. It turns out that Maryellen isn't just perfect because of her hair color, but her entire character is like... this mix of everything I love! Space, science, comic-making (which I don't do anymore, but did daily at her age), and she even goes to Yellowstone!!!! I'm obsessed with Yellowstone! I was thinking how awesome it would be to have a GOTY go to Yellowstone like, 2 days before I saw her scrapbook.

So yeah xD I'm doomed. If all goes well I'll be getting her for my birthday next month! I'm hoping to also get the Lori doll camper because its perfect for mini Maryellen. :D

I ramble too much, so here's a few photos of my girls!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sadly I don't have any photos of my Springfield girl, since her lips badly need repainting (I can't stand the color), but she's a redhead of course! Next time we're in LA I want to take her to the AG store and get her hair done.

My eventual wishlist is Maryellen, Ivy, Mia, and Samantha (with her old meet outfit) for sure. Maybe Sonali (or the darker dolls without hair with the Sonali mold), Nellie, #37 (my haircut :P), and/or #61. And all the mini dolls I can get my hands on!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version