collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: someone entered my paypal account?? o.O  (Read 1820 times)

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
someone entered my paypal account?? o.O
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:24:57 PM »
so today while login in into my paypal i was told some odd loging in went on, that someone attempted to/entered my account from a different country D: :mad:
but do they really got into it? i mean they saw how much i had and my personal  info?
my funds are still there
what do i do? i changed my password but what else should i check up?  D:

please help!
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: someone entered my paypal account?? o.O
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 05:00:37 AM »
In the past I've had someone try to get into my paypal but they didn't succeed. They get 3 chances to enter the correct password from their location and if they fail, they are locked out, which is probably what happened.

Just make sure you have a very good password and it doesn't hurt to change it every now and again and make sure it isn't the same password you use for other things. I don't believe the person got in at all. Paypal is just required to let you know that someone attempted to break into your account.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 09:01:31 PM »
Just keep an eye on your bank statements. If you see any authorized charges, report them to whomever the person has made a purchase from, PayPal, and to your bank.

Someone in Nigeria got my banking info a few years ago and ordered two laptops and sent another $800 of my money to some bogus charitable fund to help feed people in Africa. I called the place they'd ordered the laptops from (Home Shopping Network) and was able to cancel those orders and the rest of the money was refunded by my bank. It was a relatively easy process that involved just filling out a form for each illegal transaction, changing my debit card and account #s, and changing my passwords. The money was refunded within a few weeks.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 02:34:44 AM »
:hug:  My hubby had something similar happen. Don't worry, change your password regularly and keep an eye on things. I cant really add to the other good advice you've already had here ( thanks everyone :grouphug: )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 02:12:05 PM »
Thank you all!
i changed my passoword but today o got crazy worried, when trying lo log in paypal said they wouldnt recognize my device even if its the main one i use to work with paypal D:
i was able to call them, they helped me and i was able to logg in again, and said there was nothing unussual on my account
but im concerned why wouldnt it recongize my device D:
any clue why that would happen?
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 05:56:02 AM »
Did you use your device with a different wi-fi source than usual? Or from a different location? I know that can have an effect because I have opened my email with a usual source then opened it from a different state on that same source and got a message that there was unusual activity.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal