collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lemondrop Mail Order  (Read 997 times)

Offline frevill3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Lemondrop Mail Order
« on: April 14, 2016, 04:48:53 AM »
Good morning!
I'm wondering if you guys can help me! I still need the mail order version of Lemondrop for my collection! I'm just not sure on how to tell it apart from the stable set version. I've read about eye color and the stamps under the hooves. However I've seen this pony with purple eyes and the different stamp....
Thank you so much!
Marilyn :-)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Lemondrop Mail Order
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:54:22 AM »
The drops look different on the mail order. They taper and curl slightly. I'm sorry my pictures are bad. She's on the right.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 10:28:43 AM »
Lemondrop is one of those ponies that seems to have endless variations!  It can be really confusing.

Lemondrop_Wishes posted on the old site about differences in Lemondrops. You might see if she's still around and PM her.  According to that old thread, she said this is how you tell them apart. My own mail order LD has these characteristics too. 

Stable #1 – HK, 4 stamped hooves, harder plastic, lighter more blue symbols
Stable #2 – HK, 2 stamped hooves, harder plastic?, darker more purple symbols
US Mail Order – HK, 4 stamped hooves, softer plastic, very dark purple symbols with squiggle drops
UK Mommy – HK, light blue drops
Euro 2nd release Stable – China
Swedish Stable – NC

Here are my variations, with the top right one being a confirmed mail order (came with all the other mailorder playset ponies):

Here she is with the other mail order playset ponies.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:21:38 AM by ashlyne »

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 01:37:37 PM »
I didn't know about the mo one and just stumbled across mine. I believe it's on a thread here.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 02:06:01 PM »
The Chinese LD came with the 2nd Edition Show Stable all over Europe, it isn't just German. I had one as a child which my parents bought direct from Hasbro for my second hand stable - they were able to do that because the 2nd stable was out at the time.

I think we may have had all of the ones Ashlyne listed as US on that list, because we had Lemon Drop literally forever over here xD. I don't think there's much of a break between the end of the HK and the start of the China release to be honest.

Would be curious to know where thin weave and thick weave HK Lemon Drop manes come into this range, though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline frevill3

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 07:01:19 PM »
Oh wow! You have amazing collections!  :) I am shocked at all off those Lemondrop variants.... It sounds like the eye color doesn't matter at all! It's pretty challenging to tell them apart! Thank you so much for the help!
Marilyn

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 05:26:10 AM »
The Chinese LD came with the 2nd Edition Show Stable all over Europe, it isn't just German. I had one as a child which my parents bought direct from Hasbro for my second hand stable - they were able to do that because the 2nd stable was out at the time.

I think we may have had all of the ones Ashlyne listed as US on that list, because we had Lemon Drop literally forever over here xD. I don't think there's much of a break between the end of the HK and the start of the China release to be honest.

Would be curious to know where thin weave and thick weave HK Lemon Drop manes come into this range, though.

Thanks Taffeta!  I revised the list in my post based on your information. If there's a clearer way to organize that information, feel free relist it.  There are so many variations that were widespread, it's a hard pony to pin down to location and time period.  Hasbro didn't always follow strict rules either.   In Greece, they would sometimes switch Peachy and Lemondrop between the Stable and Parlor. 

Ya, I'm not so going by eye color will help much.   Purple symbol paint can be prone to discoloring/fading too due to the pink pigment in it, so that can complicate things further.   But maybe this will help narrow things down a bit  ;)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 10:04:50 AM »
I had no idea there were so many! I would've just thought some of those had faded. :O

Lemondrop is one of the only two CP ponies I like. :heart:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »
@Ashlyne: NP.

In terms of the HK ones here, I genuinely think we had whatever wasn't sold in the US line as leftovers shoved into our playsets, and that included MO ponies. I think this because there's no box art for regular eyed Baby Half Note, nor, I think, any advertising material for her, but she was a legit inclusion with the Dance school here nonetheless. Since the Show Stable was reissued so many times, it makes sense. It means that there's literally no way here to separate what should have come where, though, except the China one.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline frevill3

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 04:09:27 AM »
Wow! This information is so helpful!!! I have Lemondrop 4 times. I thought I still needed the MO one but I think I might have her twice actually! I wish I could figure out how to attach a photo to show you! I have a few different looking Peachy ponies too. I know I have a flat foot one and concave hoof, also ones with different shades if pink hearts. Was she offered as a mail order too?
Thanks so much! <3
Marilyn

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 08:59:27 AM »
I have a few different looking Peachy ponies too. I know I have a flat foot one and concave hoof, also ones with different shades if pink hearts. Was she offered as a mail order too?
Thanks so much! <3
Marilyn

Ya, there are some variations with Peachy too, but I don't think she was ever a mail order.   There was a mail order Pretty Parlor, but it didn't include Peachy. 

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 05:41:34 PM »
That is one heck of an info, thanks! I love these kind of threads :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal