collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show Me ....Mimic!  (Read 8453 times)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Show Me ....Mimic!
« on: February 29, 2016, 08:39:05 AM »
I'd love to see photos of your Mimics, Arena! I'm looking to getting this girl in the near future.. I had money for a pretty decent one but then life happened, so she'll have to wait to come home with me!  >_< :blush:  Anyone selling one, please feel free to PM me! I'm pretty particular on my ponies...so I'd be willing to buy a minty one up to  $100-125 shipped (within US) - but no more..I even would consider a partial trade of some kind!
For the love of TEs!!!  ^.^ :)

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
Re: Show Me ....Mimic!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »
Horrible shot of her - note to self take better photo! But here is my $1.00 flea market find (granted I found her back in 1996)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 10:50:52 AM »

I love her... it's so nice to finally own her. Got her from the fair last year and she only has one tiny light rub to one symbol. Pretty close to perfect.

Throwing in a pixel I made to celebrate. :P

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 11:02:35 AM »
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:05:08 AM by applejackbunny »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 11:26:25 AM »

Mine was a gift from an old friend :) She's amazing!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 12:00:13 PM »
Squeeee! Such marvelous Mimics!  :)
 :frolic:
I can't wait to have one for myself  :satisfied:

Post Merge: February 29, 2016, 12:01:20 PM

Wow, love this shot of her, with reference of the golden horse shoes episode!  :cool:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »

This is my Mimic. She was my first ever trade pony from America and she came from a very important trader who I have fond memories of going back a long time. I received her in November 1997, and so she's lived with me now almost 20 years. I traded Gypsy for her, because, back then, that was a pretty even trade.

She is in good shape but has ink on her hoof bases. I don't care, because no other Mimic is ever going to match her in my affection :) I since obtained her brush, ribbon and backcard too.

I have actually found Mimic at a car boot sale here before, which was weird. I don't know how she got here, but she cost £1. I don't know where she lives now though...I sold her on but can't remember where or who to...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 12:09:43 PM »

I love her... it's so nice to finally own her. Got her from the fair last year and she only has one tiny light rub to one symbol. Pretty close to perfect.

Throwing in a pixel I made to celebrate. :P

That's such a cute pixel and necklace! :D

Post Merge: February 29, 2016, 12:19:17 PM

This is my Mimic. She was my first ever trade pony from America and she came from a very important trader who I have fond memories of going back a long time. I received her in November 1997, and so she's lived with me now almost 20 years. I traded Gypsy for her, because, back then, that was a pretty even trade.

She is in good shape but has ink on her hoof bases. I don't care, because no other Mimic is ever going to match her in my affection :) I since obtained her brush, ribbon and backcard too.

I have actually found Mimic at a car boot sale here before, which was weird. I don't know how she got here, but she cost £1. I don't know where she lives now though...I sold her on but can't remember where or who to...

Another lovely specimen!!

Have you tried getting the ink out with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I've taken ink, as well as permanent marker, off of ponies with it before. :) You may not want to touch her though, and that's understandable! 
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:19:17 PM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »
I don't have her but i want her so much.She one of my favorite g1s,even maybe my favorite.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 12:42:46 PM »
Well, it is only on the bases of her standing hooves and so you can't see it unless you lift her up. And, honestly, it's evidence she belonged to a child and was loved in a previous life, so I wouldn't want to take it from her. I quite like ponies with names and such on the hooves, because of that. I guess it reminds me of Toy Story ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 12:46:50 PM »

Wow, love this shot of her, with reference of the golden horse shoes episode!  :cool:

Thank you so much!! I want to get an upgrade one day if I can. mines lost her pink stripe ;-;

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »
Well, it is only on the bases of her standing hooves and so you can't see it unless you lift her up. And, honestly, it's evidence she belonged to a child and was loved in a previous life, so I wouldn't want to take it from her. I quite like ponies with names and such on the hooves, because of that. I guess it reminds me of Toy Story ;)
I think the same thing, i would keep things like that because it reminds that our ponies are still toys that a child used to love and play with them.For example my masquerade has her tail braided and i'm pretty sure i will keep her like that.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 01:08:17 PM »
I think the same thing, i would keep things like that because it reminds that our ponies are still toys that a child used to love and play with them.For example my masquerade has her tail braided and i'm pretty sure i will keep her like that.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this! I got a baby Tiddly Winks with a sloppy braid in her tail secured with a ribbon and I don't have the heart to change it! Some little girl say and learned to braid on that pony! It's precious!!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »

Hehehehe.. ^.^
I tried taking the writing off of two of my childhood ponies (Masquerade and Locket).. but it wouldn't come off.. had a feeling it was meant to be.. so I didn't try any further.. ;) In fact, they are the only two that I wrote on.. LOL. As a kid, I remember doing it and I was like, uhhh, this ink won't come off, uh oh.. So I didn't write on anymore ponies after that. I've kicked myself many years over it, but just recently forgave myself..  :P :biggrin:

Post Merge: February 29, 2016, 01:14:59 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this! I got a baby Tiddly Winks with a sloppy braid in her tail secured with a ribbon and I don't have the heart to change it! Some little girl say and learned to braid on that pony! It's precious!!

:satisfied: ^.^

Post Merge: February 29, 2016, 01:16:12 PM

Thank you so much!! I want to get an upgrade one day if I can. mines lost her pink stripe ;-;

For the longest time, I thought Mimic had a white stripe in her hair.. haha, I didn't know it was supposed to be pink..  :blush: :P
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:16:12 PM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »

The funny thing about my masquerade is that her owner must have got bored halfway because her braid isn't on all her tail.The beginning is braided but the end is free.I think things like that add personnality to these ponies.

Well about Mimic, for her fading hair i prefer the white stripe instead of pink, i don't know why.For me she looks much better with white, so many ponies have a pink stripe so it makes her even more special.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:46:14 PM by Jorgito93 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal