collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: After much admiring, my favorite BJD is...  (Read 4142 times)

autieluna

• Trade Count: (0)
After much admiring, my favorite BJD is...
« on: February 27, 2016, 12:49:34 AM »
This cutie right here! https://www.flickr.com/photos/smoteymote/16344298885/
And other peoples' stylings of the same sort of doll.

I am very new to the BJD scene; what can people tell me about her? I believe they were available from Dust of Dolls and are called Krot Arie or something similar, and that they are currently sold out.

Will they ever be back? How much did she cost/will she if so? How long until you think she'll be back! Any and all ramblings about similar things also accepted, I love learning from those more experienced about BJDs :)

Also, does anyone know of any other cute, sort of unique looking and curvier/chubbier BJDs? And does anyone know anything about this doll? https://www.flickr.com/photos/79015581@N07/21333214018
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:52:43 AM by autieluna »

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: After much admiring, my favorite BJD is...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 01:47:19 AM »
Yup, that first one is a Dust of Dolls Krot Arie. I'm not sure if they'll be for sale again, as Dust of Dolls doesn't sell their sculpts many times and there was a preorder for them in white and normal some time ago. What I can say for sure is that those colors won't be produced again, so if you want a white or normal skin doll second hand market is your only chance. They are tiny, about 9-10cm tall and take 6mm eyes, and they cost around 250 euro with shipping.

The second one is a La Compagnie Des Radis' doll, a Raclette. They should be a bit easier to get, I got mine from the maker last month and I think there may be a preorder for them later this year. They are easier to handle in my opinion as they stand 16cm tall. They take 12mm eyes and wear 6-7inch wigs.

I own a Raclette and a DD Krot Kete, so if you want comparison photos or something I can take them. ^^

My Raclette, Sini, wishes you good luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sini by uni_inu, on Flickr
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:51:54 AM by Uninu »

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 07:58:25 AM »
I love the body shape on the Krot Arie too and would love to get my hands on a doll with that figure. When I first discovered them a while back I was sad to see that they were no longer available but I'm hoping more will be made sometime in the future.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Aliyahbetd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 12:39:13 PM »
There is a normal skin one with her factory faceup for sale on DOA, but she is $460 plus shipping from Spain!
Wishlist:
My Kingdom for Cranberry Muffins! :lovey:...
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,379105.0.html

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 02:03:12 PM »
Have you seen the Dollpamm BJDs?

The Bebe's are about a similar size and shape but very different face - http://dollpamm.net/shop/step1.php?number=59

On the upside they are available at retail price :)
Come visit my blog!

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 08:31:21 AM »
Those are cute! Their faces remind me a little of Kewpie's. I wish their bodies were a tiny bit pudgier but their availability does put them higher on my list.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

autieluna

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 04:36:10 AM »
Thanks for the help and comments everyone! I agree that those dolls are very cute in similar ways, but the body isn't quite right for me.

Here is an update after many more hours ogling and studying BJDs:

My favorite doll altogether may have to be Raclette, and another follow up is actually the Paupiette doll that shares her body: http://www.lacompagniedesradis.com/shop/en/12-dolls

If I was going to buy a doll right now and these were available, I'd probably get one of these bodies with both faceplates. I love the shape of the body in every way, I love that Raclette is an anthro animal, and I love that she works well with wigs and hair better than I imagine some anthro animals would, because that allows more customization and if I can't custom her, I may as well admire other people's dolls online for free! I find the other's face mold very cute, and just LOVE big, round noses in all sorts of art and character design!

The only thing is I like dark grey best for Paupiette and the light purple best for Raclette. I would think maybe I could meet in the middle with light blue, as that would look cute on both! Though maybe I should adore every aspect of something exactly if I'm investing so much in a toy?

http://dollsoom.com/eng/shop/item.php?it_id=1434087339 This blue bird is another favorite, however I imagine she won't ever be available again. I think maybe she'd work well with hair, but I'd like to see it! I'm also seeing bad things about the company, so this isn't so much a consideration as just pointing out how cute she is. She very much reminds me of those 80s "half doll, half stuffed animal" toys, the bird one, if anyone remembers the name.

The Pipos Aloha Doll http://piposland.com/shop/step1.php?number=1201 I find absolutely adorable, but I can't find any pictures of her in a wig so I'm not sure she'd be customizable enough to be worth it.

I LOVE this girl http://dustofdolls.com/en/zouh/88-spun.html do you think she's findable secondhand or may ever be available in a new color?

I LOVE some of the Zuzu Delfs, namely the bovine one and the pig, especially the bovine one. Not sure about the body so much, but those heads!

Also still loving the Krot body a ton.

Okay, there's a bit more but I'll stop here for now haha and maybe discuss that a bit later. Now the question is, are any of these dolls (other than Aloha, who I believe is currently available) ever going to be available or possible to find secondhand? Perhaps released in new colors? Anything people have updates on or know anything about? It's hard to know where to get all that kind of info quite yet.

Thanks a lot again for all the help!!!

Post Merge: February 29, 2016, 04:56:47 AM

Yup, that first one is a Dust of Dolls Krot Arie. I'm not sure if they'll be for sale again, as Dust of Dolls doesn't sell their sculpts many times and there was a preorder for them in white and normal some time ago. What I can say for sure is that those colors won't be produced again, so if you want a white or normal skin doll second hand market is your only chance. They are tiny, about 9-10cm tall and take 6mm eyes, and they cost around 250 euro with shipping.

The second one is a La Compagnie Des Radis' doll, a Raclette. They should be a bit easier to get, I got mine from the maker last month and I think there may be a preorder for them later this year. They are easier to handle in my opinion as they stand 16cm tall. They take 12mm eyes and wear 6-7inch wigs.

I own a Raclette and a DD Krot Kete, so if you want comparison photos or something I can take them. ^^

My Raclette, Sini, wishes you good luck!
Sini by uni_inu, on Flickr

She's precious, I love her short hairstyle and outfit! and I'd absolutely love comparison photos.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:00:27 AM by autieluna »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 10:50:01 AM »
Those are so cute!  I LOVE unusual dolls and dolls with atypical bodies. My favorite "cute" dolls are probably Enaibi and Lillycat  (although they are so infrequently made I think I will never be able to own one).  I also love Marmite Sue's lace dolls (although she is no longer doing resin).

I like some anthro dolls too- those cuties above are so adorable!

I have a Pipos Cheshire who I really like- I like the Pipos designs, they are cute and well made - and although they sell out, they are not hard to find or buy-  my little guy is in the background of this photo:

autieluna

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 11:04:49 PM »
It seems like we have a lot of similar tastes! I'm excited to know they are easy to find, too!

You know, when I first show those cheshire cats on their site I scrolled past thinking they'd be scary, but looking at yours he's really starting to grow on me and seem cute!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 09:57:50 AM »
Yeah- he seems like he would be scary- but actually he looks more like he is planning mischief than anything else

Offline pickwick_pirate

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 02:11:06 AM »
I have decided this year is the year I get my first bjd, after 16 years of wanting one. I thought I had picked my doll as I have repeatedly gone back to him. And now I've come on this thread, and seen the pipos aloha ... And I'm in love with her. And all the other pipos anthros. Now I'm confused and conflicted D:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 02:37:29 AM »
I have decided this year is the year I get my first bjd, after 16 years of wanting one. I thought I had picked my doll as I have repeatedly gone back to him. And now I've come on this thread, and seen the pipos aloha ... And I'm in love with her. And all the other pipos anthros. Now I'm confused and conflicted D:

This sounds like me. I have one human doll that I took awhile to decide on.... And then I found pipos Rooney... <<; small anthros are so adorable.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »
I do love the Pipos anthros- they are so cute :D

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 12:43:35 AM »
I totally agree with the Pipos Anthro's being adorable! I have a baby cheshire that I am absolutely smitten with.
Here's a pic of him with Hannah66665's Pipos Ringo during their outdoor photoshoot.

Offline pickwick_pirate

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 05:06:12 AM »
Naww twistedriver he is so cute! I do love the baby cheshires they are just so naughty looking :D

I like the Rooney bunnies too,

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal