collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Could this be my doll? (Maiden Curly Crown)  (Read 1044 times)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
Could this be my doll? (Maiden Curly Crown)
« on: February 25, 2016, 07:11:58 PM »
I don't usually post over here because I don't really collect dolls, but this seemed like the right place to post this.

Several years ago, my husband convinced me to sell off my non-MLP items from my childhood, as all I actively collect is MLP and FSF.  I sold my Maiden Curly Crown at a pony meet.  The girl was buying her for a friend, and payed me more than what I was asking as she thought my price was too low.

I've regretted selling her ever since (she was Megan's friend and Megan has been lonely).  So I decided to replace her with one off of Ebay.  I bought one that had the fabric thingys the pixie tails attach to cut off, because I had cut these off of my doll's dress as a child.  When she got here, she also had the tips of the ribbons melted.  I did this to my dress as an adult, to prevent them from fraying.

The doll herself feels familiar, with her wobbly head and discoloration on her legs.  But this is probably common in a lot of these dolls.

I asked the seller where she got her and she said a doll collector in CA, she doesn't know beyond that.  I live in VA and sold my doll in MD.

I know I can't be the only person to ever do these things to their doll's dress, but isn't it a neat thought that she could be mine?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Could this be my doll? (Maiden Curly Crown)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:15:20 PM »
That would be really neat!  Now I hope that she is.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 03:15:54 AM »
That would be really awesome. :)

I remember I had a doll once, a Jem doll which was part of my collection but I sold her when I downsized. Pizzazz, maybe Mexican Pizzazz, actually, as I had her MIB. Then, later, I bought some dolls on ebay. Turned out it was the same person, and one of them was the same doll I had sold her some years before...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tilly

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 01:03:33 AM »
As a LLL collecter I can say I've never seen the pixiepetals cut off before. heavily damaged, yes. shimmering layer gone and only some netlike fabfic left, yes. But cut off, no never. And though Iknow melting ribbons helped, it doesn't happen a lot.
I think the chance it's your old doll is pretty good! Megan has her friend back :-D
Who needs some Dutchies? PM to buy/trade!
Also G3 mailorder, comic con and Bay Breeze for sale!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 01:15:56 PM »
I see the pixiepetals cut off (or ripped off) all the time-  but I haven't noticed the melted ribbon ever- and I have at at least one time had hundreds of LLL dolls (i wanted a doll for each outfit then kept upgrading... then had to find dolls for extra outfits, then had to find outfits for dolls... it was a cycle...)

So it could be your doll!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal