collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: stuff to get my hujoo wing? -picture-  (Read 857 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
stuff to get my hujoo wing? -picture-
« on: February 20, 2016, 04:23:27 PM »
I bought a Hujoo Wing back in '10 from junkyspot on a very random whim, but financial reasons kept me from getting stuff he needed -hair/eyes/clothes/face lol- he basically was my tester doll for 'would i actually enjoy a jointed doll'  and he's proven his usefulness as a decent pose model for me. -though it took me a long time to get used to the large head- and I had his measurements written down but lost them and now I can't seem to find any?

my sister is really pushing for me to get him some eyes and hair at least cause the ...eyeball less look is creeping her out. XD i think its charming.

what I also wanna know is what's good to use for face up? and what kind of clothes would fit him.

Post Merge: February 21, 2016, 01:09:24 PM

ahh found out barbie clothes will fit my hujoo and got some for her.

...also realized that i see my wing as a girl
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:54:24 PM by kestral_kitsune »
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: stuff to get my hujoo wing?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 08:31:35 AM »
I've bought dolls as girls before to realize they were boys in my family. :P Funny how that happens sometimes!

I've never customized a Hujoo, so I can't help with the face-up stuff. But, I'd just do a bit of research first before getting started. I do have a kitty girl that I've had for ages who needs some paint; I was just going to use acrylics on her, though... Maybe some watercolor pencil.. Yeah, I need to do some research before I get started, too! :P

Eyeballs and wig really do change the appearance of dolls. Your sister will get used to it, though she may never like it; my boys light-heartedly fussed about my headless ponies and dolls for a couple of years. I've been customizing for so long now that they don't think anything of it and we always get a kick at people's reaction who have never been in my studio before. :3

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline kestral_kitsune

• "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: stuff to get my hujoo wing?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »
I've bought dolls as girls before to realize they were boys in my family. :P Funny how that happens sometimes!

I've never customized a Hujoo, so I can't help with the face-up stuff. But, I'd just do a bit of research first before getting started. I do have a kitty girl that I've had for ages who needs some paint; I was just going to use acrylics on her, though... Maybe some watercolor pencil.. Yeah, I need to do some research before I get started, too! :P

Eyeballs and wig really do change the appearance of dolls. Your sister will get used to it, though she may never like it; my boys light-heartedly fussed about my headless ponies and dolls for a couple of years. I've been customizing for so long now that they don't think anything of it and we always get a kick at people's reaction who have never been in my studio before. :3
heh yeah the eye-less-ness gets her creeped out rather badly, specially when I forget where I've stuck her for the moment X3
art page

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline kestral_kitsune

• "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: stuff to get my hujoo wing? -picture-
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 02:00:14 PM »

her she is with her eyes!! She does have hair, but I kind of forgot about the wig cap so ... no hair for the moment. might try the saran wrap treatment to see if that works XD
art page

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal