collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: wah Its girl scout cookie season -i'm being silly-  (Read 2710 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
wah Its girl scout cookie season -i'm being silly-
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:09:20 PM »
it's cookie season and I've had to turn away about five girls already cause stupid food allergies D:
have a gluten/wheat intolerance/allergy and a peanut/tree nut allergy so double whammy for me XD.
I know they have gluten free cookies, but unfortunately the only ones these guys have is the peanut butter cookies....

whats worse is the gluten issue is semi-recent so I know what i'm missing out on XD

i had to randomly pout  :frolic: :awake: :drunk: :nerdy: :happy: :what: :cheer: :dance: :gallop: :chat: :lmao: :rainbow: :bird:
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: wah Its girl scout cookie season -i'm being silly-
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 05:14:23 PM »
Maybe they'll have some GF options soon... did you slather their social media with "I WANT COOKIES BUT YOU WON'T SELL GF"?  Fastest way to get attention from a company....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:19:42 PM »
I ordered a couple of boxes from a coworker for a relative of their's, and my mom came home with a box of those same cookies for me.

TBH:  :X

They aren't bad at all, that's just the thought of having that many of them! xD I only ordered them because I want to support the Girl Scouts. A beautifully accepting organization of the LGBT community. Their rejection of a donor from a transphobic individual and making the statement that they accept ALL girls really brought a tear to my eyes.

Buy all of their cookies!  :frolic: (In regards to the TC, though: I understand. Perhaps if you do bring it up to them they will look into it)

|My Collection|

Offline kestral_kitsune

• "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »
Maybe they'll have some GF options soon... did you slather their social media with "I WANT COOKIES BUT YOU WON'T SELL GF"?  Fastest way to get attention from a company....
they have them, but they're also made with peanuts D: only ones i've found are chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
art page

thanks to SDS for my sig

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: wah Its girl scout cookie season -i\'m being silly-
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 09:18:38 PM »
I'm allergic to hen's eggs! And NO not sneezing or rashes- anaphylaxis! I definelty understand your problem! I cant even breath in air near fried eggs without swelling up. Strange thing is I'm not allergic to quail eggs but I don't eat them! Traces of eggs have never bothered me thank goodness!

Im always turning things that look AMAZING down like cakes, cookies, even a 3 Muskateers bar is deadly to me waaah it looks so soft and yummy. Luckily I have an epipen in my purse just in case ( and no, benedryl doesn't work for anaphylaxis allergies). My doctor said to check the first 10 ingredoents- if there is no egg whites I am good! I have always wanted to try REAL lemon meraguine pie or scrambled eggs. That will never happen, but a girl can dream! I can almost taste lemon mergauine pie just from smelling it. I cannot be around eggs though- sorry Denny's!

I'm also allergic to SLS but not in the same way- just bad rashes.

I've been getting Thin Mints and Samoas though! No bad reactions thank goodness! I was reading ABC and Little Brownie Bakers use different cookie recipies.  Being a girl scout was awesome because my mom (when she was actually around!) was the girl scout leader for this tiny town we lived in- so alllllll the cookies in our county were shipped to our house! I'm not going to lie- I snuck boxes late at night! Them Animal Treasures called me! Whyyyyyyy dont they make them any more!?? I miss that pink box and those mouthwatering cookies. Mmmmm. I used to bite around the animal shape to male it into an animal cracker and then chomp it.

Post Merge: February 15, 2016, 09:21:50 PM

They aren't bad at all, that's just the thought of having that many of them! xD I only ordered them because I want to support the Girl Scouts. A beautifully accepting organization of the LGBT community. Their rejection of a donor from a transphobic individual and making the statement that they accept ALL girls really brought a tear to my eyes.

THIS! THIS THIS THIS!!!! I'm VERY happy that they refused that donation- even when it got tripled. I was worried GSA were going to be anti-LGBT but I was totally surprised and happy that they are proud supporters and will even accept transgendered children into their troops :heart: So beautiful, I about cried too!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:25:01 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 06:56:34 AM »
I had to go vegan a couple years ago for health reasons and was heartbroken that I couldn't eat most sweets I enjoyed. Then a little girlscout told me thin mints were vegan and everything was ok again. :) So glad they accept glbtqi people.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 11:14:40 AM »
let your local girls know--they may beable to put a suggestion in <3

Ive been GF for a year now, but my double whammy is I cant have Soy or Corn either--and while soy is sometimes recognized as an allergen, corn is not.  Both are in almost everything.  I also cant have peanuts (as well as a boat ton of other ingerdiants) but I can have a small amount of other nuts.

If its just gluten and peanuts though, I don't see it as a big deal to work on something ot change.  Heck, go one step further and suggest a cookie that is free from the 10 most common allergens ^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 01:50:54 PM »
Dang it, now I'm drooling at the thought of GS cookies.  My favorites are the samoas.  But I also love thin mints and the peanut butters ones.

Unnngh, I want cookies.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 04:44:38 PM »
mmm yeah, I've heard their toffe-tastic  are also gluten free, and looks to be nut free also so i'll have to hunt down the girls to see if they have any of those on hand 0v0.

I was a girl scout shortly before getting booted cause the troop i was in wasn't exactly excepting of 'poor girls'  who couldn't get to the meetings  or do a lot of the stuff that required funds. after mom complained that troop had been disbanded  and the girls went to a dif troop
art page

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »
Hubby goes through this too. Allergies suck.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 09:03:48 PM »
My daughter is a Girl Scout!

There are 2 different bakers, and different cookies are sold in different areas of the country. 

I can't speak for other councils, but GSCI (Girl Scouts of Central Indiana) offer the following:
Savannah Smiles, Trefoils, Do-Si-Dos, Samoas, Rah-Rah Raisins, Thin Mints (vegan), and Toffee-Tastic (gluten-free)

The Toffee-Tastic is "rich, buttery cookies with sweet crunchy toffee bits". 

The empty box I have from last years sales lists the ingredients as:
Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Sugar, Butter (Cream, Salt), Palm Oil, Brown Rice Flour, Butter Toffee Bits (Sugar, Butter [Cream, Salt], Corn Syrup, Soy, Lecithin, Salt), Invert Sugar, Contains 2% or less of Salt, Soy, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Baking Soda.
Contains Milk and Soy ingredients.

The cost of this cookie is $5 a box, as opposed to $4 for the rest of the flavors.

Also, for those that want to help out the Girl Scouts, but do not want or need cookies, there is Operation Cookie Drop (again, GSCI, not sure of other councils).  Although the cookies are $4 (and $5) a box, any amount is appreciated.  The money donated translates into boxes of cookies to be sent to our Troops overseas.

On the week-ends, you can usually find Cookie Booths in Grocery Stores, Hardware Stores, Wal-Mart, and other locations.  The following link is a cookie booth locator for Little Brownie Bakers:
http://cookielocator.littlebrownie.com/

As for the availability of the Toffee-Tastic cookies, I'm not sure if there are any left in the Cookie Cupboard.  Last year they sold out very quickly.  As of 2 weeks ago, our Juliette co-ordinator had 6 boxes left.

FYI: A Juliette is an individual Girl Scout.  Although not part of a Troop, she can participate in any activity troops can.

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 10:11:20 AM »
That's good information to know (even though for me personally I wouldn't beable to touch those ones due to both the soy and corn.  Then again all we typically see up here is the chocolate/vanilla combo so..yeah)

Goodluck guys <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 12:00:44 PM »
Never thought girl scouts were a thing. I mean, I've seen aplenty in cartoons and all, but I actually thought it's, you know, just a cartoon cliché. xD
I wish we had them here in Hungary now, there's something in the whole ordeal that just makes me want to hug, squeeze and shake them.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 12:13:38 PM »
Girl Scout cookies are awesome and we need to get some too. Samoas, lemonade cookies, shortbread. Yum!

I'm sorry you guys can't have any. Allergies can be the pits. :(
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 04:53:43 AM »
mmm yeah, I've heard their toffe-tastic  are also gluten free, and looks to be nut free also so i'll have to hunt down the girls to see if they have any of those on hand 0v0.
Depends on where you live, our area gets the Toffee Tastic, but it is $5 instead of $4 a box. 

For those who can not eat them and want to support the girls, many areas such as where we are take donations for Operation Cookie which sends cookies to troops over seas. Also buying boxes to donate to local food pantries is popular in our area.  Everyone needs a treat once in a while.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal