collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 329 times)

Yoggy

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi all!
« on: February 05, 2016, 03:44:49 PM »
Hi everyone! Thanks for having me!

A bit of background about me: I'm a mid-thirties Canadian now living in the States (but still write with Canadian spelling :biggrin: ), and I'm finally becoming a MLP enthusiast again.

My sister and I used to be MLP fanatics when we were kids. Unfortunately we were also very messy, and in a fit of anger one day, our neat freak step-father "cleaned" the basement by throwing most of our toys away, including every one of our ponies!

We weren't collectors really, but we did have about 15-20 ponies that we were obsessed with, and made up stories which we recorded on audio tape. It was a good time for a while there!

About twelve years ago, I decided to try to find some of our favourite ponies that we used to have, and give them to my sister as a birthday present. Over a period of a couple years, I found our faves: Baby Firefly, Baby Glory, Majesty, and the best one of all, Gusty. She was ecstatic! (My sister, not Gusty :P )

Then I forgot all about MLPs for a long time. But on and off over the years, I'd occasionally scour the internet for a certain pony that I'd pay almost anything to see again. But it doesn't seem to exist! (It's possible that it's a fakie). It isn't one of the ponies that my step-dad threw away. It was given to us by a family friend and we only owned it for about three hours before it was stolen out of our front yard by a strange dog. I'm starting to wonder if that whole afternoon was a dream!

I won't ask about that pony in this thread, I'll make a separate one later. But in addition to that one pony, I'm going to start looking for the rest of the ones we had as kids, and gradually start collecting them to give to my sister as birthday gifts again. I don't even remember most of their names anymore, but I know I'll recognize them when i see them. I can't wait to check your classifieds and go back down memory lane again!

See you around the forum!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:22:15 PM »
Welcome to the Arena

The idea of getting your sister ponies as birthday presents is really sweet :lovey:  Best of luck finding all of the ponies from your childhood!

phoebemiller

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:44:12 AM »
Hi! Welcome! I'm new here too. Sorry to hear about your lost pony. I hope you find it again! I've been collecting all of the Littlest Pet Shop sets I had as a kid. For some reason I never had MLPs. Did you grow up with the G1 or G2?

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 09:22:20 PM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  That is so sweet of you, but be careful, some of those ponies may want to stay with you, not be given away. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 07:41:57 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I love the idea for your sister.... but perhaps you should buy some for you just because too :silly:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 09:27:13 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 02:09:46 PM »
Hi, Yoggy! Welcome to the Arena!

I can imagine your sister was excited to get those ponies! I saw your other thread and I do hope we'll be able to figure out who that mystery pony is. Enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal