collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will the REAL Daquiri Ice ever come back?  (Read 994 times)

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Will the REAL Daquiri Ice ever come back?
« on: February 05, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »
So as I'm sure everyone knows, DH's Daquiri Ice has been a different color than the original for a while now. Does anyone know if Tina will bring back the original color or if she's ever talked with the company that makes the hair? There's certainly a demand for it, and it's not like DH hasn't had incorrect colors fixed before (like Lucky Clover vs. Unlucky Clover).

I'm sure it's especially frustrating for people restoring the Nirvana ponies that have this particular color, since it's just getting harder to find someone with original Daquiri for sale. It seems odd to me that this one color hasn't been addressed for... a year? A few years?

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Will the REAL Daquiri Ice ever come back?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 02:09:44 PM »
I would love to know the answer to this as well.
It seems super odd to me because they DO fix colors bubblegum/old bubblegum & you said the clovers. Also that one time they were going for Moondancers' hair and kept going till it really did match.

It's frustrating for Princess Sarena too

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Because the hair ran out after doing the mane, and I dropped the tail in with the 'new' color because that's all that was available and you can see how different it is.

But...
It's not like the new color is bad! I would actually keep ordering BOTH colors but I really would like the exact match old Daiquiri Ice back, for the sake of this custom, the nirvanas & being able to repair any G3 who had it.

Is there any way we can find out if it will ever fix?

Offline Sawkinator

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 02:28:40 PM »
But...
It's not like the new color is bad! I would actually keep ordering BOTH colors but I really would like the exact match old Daiquiri Ice back, for the sake of this custom, the nirvanas & being able to repair any G3 who had it.

Oh, I definitely agree the new color isn't bad. There doesn't seem to be another nice, minty green available on DH (except maybe Unlucky Clover but I haven't seen it in person). But having the old color back as well would make me very happy.

If nothing else, maybe someone could try to find a way to dye white hair the same color as the old Daquiri.

Offline Sawkinator

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 07:09:08 PM »
I guess another possibility is that another doll hair site still has 'old' Daquiri Ice? Or are they all selling the new version?

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 10:28:53 PM »
I dont believe any old site has this colour i have been trying to find it for years. I dont think it will come back as the supplier changed the colour rather than the doll hair companies

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 09:39:21 AM »
I would love to know the answer to this as well.
It seems super odd to me because they DO fix colors bubblegum/old bubblegum & you said the clovers. Also that one time they were going for Moondancers' hair and kept going till it really did match.

It's frustrating for Princess Sarena too

Because the hair ran out after doing the mane, and I dropped the tail in with the 'new' color because that's all that was available and you can see how different it is.

But...

She looks like a lovely princess variant!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 12:16:21 PM »

I have actively sought for the come-back of this colour for years now. I was in touch with Tina for several weeks concerning the differences in the colours when the "new" DI first came out but in the end nothing was resolved and communication with her on the subject just fizzled.. In my search for the OG colour I have amassed several hanks and partials of DI and I now have about four different shades. It's rather annoying as I've never seen any other colour differentiate in shade quite like this one has.

I would also LOVE to see DI come back out as it was one of my go-to colours when I was actively customizing, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:16:17 AM by kCherry »

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 03:18:08 AM »
Princess Aquamarine looks beautiful, just like a princess variant as Tuney said :heart:

I have not seen both "colours" together or compared like that before and it is a very marked difference! I wouldn't have said they were the same or even similar at all.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 12:03:27 PM »
I was very unhappy buying the new daquiri ice even more so as suppliers dont meantion the colour change which i think is very wrong.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal