collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Differing opinions on definition problem with Jamiedey5 (arena) Jammiepie5 ebay  (Read 14141 times)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Differing opinions on definition please help
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 11:15:30 AM »
Tak, you may want to pm a Trader Support mod about your situation. Ringlets & ponylady are the mods in TS. They may be able to offer you some different input privately regarding your specific buyer, especially if the buyer is also a newer member & may not be up to date on the best way to handle being unsatisfied with their purchase. :bigups:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 11:34:41 AM »
Tak, you may want to pm a Trader Support mod about your situation. Ringlets & ponylady are the mods in TS. They may be able to offer you some different input privately regarding your specific buyer, especially if the buyer is also a newer member & may not be up to date on the best way to handle being unsatisfied with their purchase. :bigups:

Agreed. It's unfair of them to have opened up a case without even giving you a chance to make things right. We here on the Arena are a supportive group and hate to see our members both get a shady deal and get taken advantage of. This seems like the latter.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 05:06:43 PM »
She did pm and I sent better pictures with as accurate a description as possible. Says they smelled moldy and she opened one to find mold. After pm ing me she went to open a dispute and I was already processing the refund. Didn't see the dispute until after. She's pretty new on here as far as trades and posts.
You all make good points and I'll definitely apply them in the future. You've given me lots to consider.

IDK, I think that's a little unfair; my feeling is, if you post the ponies "as is" you're not responsible for what may turn up inside of the pony. You haven't done a full restoration or anything, so it's sort of a 'take your chances' kind of sale, especially since the ponies are mostly inexpensive ones. If they reeked of mold, sure, you have a duty to report it, but a lot of people A) can't recognize that smell or B) don't have a keen nose. If she's unhappy, sure, she should tell you, but ... filing a Paypal dispute is way outta line. :/

I do think someone may want to step in and let her know, in a gentle way, that it's considered pretty unkind to file a dispute before talking to the seller. Most sellers I know will try to make it right with a partial refund, or accept the pony back without needing a dispute to make them. But in general, I really dislike the concept of someone keeping the ponies AND the refund, unless it's an incredibly cheap sale (like a couple bucks) or the price of shipping is exorbitant and would cost more than the ponies themselves.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 05:50:47 PM »
I believe the total with shipping was $9.30. Just two ponies. I did let a mod know. It's such a low price that I consider it done and just want to prevent any avoidable future problems.  :brow:

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 12:28:00 AM »
Did you check feedback on the member before you started the sale?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 03:41:56 AM »
I whole-heartedly agree with everyone's suggestions and thoughts on your issue.

I have also looked at you sales thread and I will iterate what others have already said, your pictures are that of a typical sales thread, when you have lots to sell. I did not see what you had written before it was edited yesterday though but what you have written there now is clear and to the point about "as is" and ask questions.  Which then leads me to my real concern, the lack of courtesy on your buyers part. They most certainly did not give you ample time to respond to the issue. Perhaps they are new but there are certain things when you are buying online, whether it be ponies or other goods, that you should follow. The one thing is to give your seller time to rectify the situation and not jump the gun opening a case, especially since you are new to selling. It can lead to mistakes on the sellers part. I personally would have requested the ponies be sent back before any sort of refund was given. Just because she opened a case does not mean you have to refund her and let her keep the ponies. Because honestly for that price and being in "fair" condition, a customizer or someone who restores would have been happy with them.

Anyways I see you have contacted a Mod already, so I will wait to see the whole situation before I respond any further.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2016, 04:44:09 AM »
Thanks for your comments and suggestions everyone :bigups:  :grouphug:  I read the thread through and I agree you have some good advice there. I cant really add to it. I don't think you did anything wrong in the first place  :hug:  you sales thread looks fine.  Your buyer is at fault for not talking things through with you the seller- and not giving you a chance to work things out first - before opening a case. That is very rude, and is not how we do things here. She is new so I think she needs to be tactfully told this, but she has been buying quite a lot of ponies....
 Personally I would not have let the buyer keep the ponies as well as have a refund but if that's what you want to do,  that is your choice. 
PMd you :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 09:43:59 AM »

I did. She doesn't have much, but you have to start somewhere.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2016, 10:20:25 AM »

yes but they don't deserve free ponies for their mistakes.  :(  I hope that they learn and their behavior can improve. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2016, 10:21:48 PM »

yes but they don't deserve free ponies for their mistakes.  :(  I hope that they learn and their behavior can improve. 

This is how I feel, too. :( I understand you're trying to be nice and do the right thing as a seller, Tak, but this buyer might then think "well, if the seller made a mistake, then I'm entitled to free ponies," and that will make more problems for other sellers down the line. :( Especially as a new buyer, she may not realize that your kindness is not the way disputes are usually resolved. I'm just glad we have lovely mods here to make sure everyone plays fair! :hug:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »
Regardless of anyone's opinion of what a condition term means, it is a buyer and a seller's responsibility to each do his or her due diligence when it comes to accurately describing AND interpreting condition and flaws. 

So, don't beat yourself up.  The main and most important thing, I feel, is that you went above and beyond to make things right.  In light of that, you should be proud of yourself, regardless of whether or not you made a slight judgement error when advertising your items for sale.

We have all had our fair share of oopsies.

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »
Because the dispute was opened. Even with it quickly closed. PayPal now has a hold on all incoming payments until I reach three criteria. One of which is 'being in good standing' for sixty days.  :(

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 03:59:53 AM »
:( 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 03:48:08 PM »
Lesson learned. Buyer is now selling the same ponies that were too nasty to pay $7 for as 'near mint' on her eBay for $12 each.  -_-

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 04:05:06 PM »
Wow that is totally gross behaviour!! So sorry this happened to you. There are some horrible people out there. :(

Jules x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal